You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently we've enquired about Lukaku.

I've got one thing to say to that.......

aceinaction.jpg

Shikaka!!!!

Sounds like Citys money has managed to convince them to part with him.

benlyt Ben Lyttleton

Sport/Foot mag in Belgium claims #Lukaku has agreement to join #MCFC in July. Lawyers in Manc today, been working on deal for 15 days

4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I think Van Bommel would be an excellent signing to protect our ropey back 4 until we sign new defensive players in the summer.

Warnock is total shite.

Suarez reminds me of an icing on the cake type player when we still need more "cake". Or something.

Imagine if the only business we did this Jan was Babel out, Warnock and Van Bommel in on frees/ loans.

I would start the hate, right there and then.

Yep and they've already drawn up plans to replace him with some other flavour of the month so Dzeko can be sold at a loss. Bet the City fans can't wait.

They they probably hate all this top class talent coming into the club, being linked with every exciting player in the world, and being top of the league.

It must be shit.

I think Van Bommel would be an excellent signing to protect our ropey back 4 until we sign new defensive players in the summer.

Warnock is total shite.

Suarez reminds me of an icing on the cake type player when we still need more "cake". Or something.

I think he'd be a great bit of business too. A cynical bastard if ever there was one, but at least he can tackle and pass the ball to a teammate.

Could city be signing up players with a view to stopping others getting them?

Because they can?

I expect that's too simplistic and the new rules on finance (if they ever get implemented) would sort that sort of thing out?

According to FFP, teams' wages cannot exceed 70% of their revenue. Ours is 56% or something. City is well over 100%..

Could city be signing up players with a view to stopping others getting them?

Because they can?

I expect that's too simplistic and the new rules on finance (if they ever get implemented) would sort that sort of thing out?

I think they could well be, Dzeko could have gone to anywhere in the top teams of the premier league.

Although, it wont be long before players start wanting to move, David Silva anyone next January?