You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might have experience doing stuff like that but I dont.

View topic - Steven Warnock :: VillaTalk ::

You merely picked the quotes that backed up the idea he has always been shit and didn't take a cross section.

Interesting that the op said:

"Great initial 6 months in a Villa shirt, but has seemingly been below-par since."

So he started well but after injury and disillusionement he's lost his way. No reason not to take him on loan is it ?

"Think that Luke Young's been just as bad this season, if not worse in some games.

However people just ignore it when he has been pants because it's a good excuse to show how inept MON must have been for not picking him.

Warnock had a really good game against Man U, and positionally he isn't that bad, he is just very rash at times and dives in when there is no need to"

"Luke Young, Ciaran Clarke and Dunne also gave away silly free-kicks. As did others. Just Warnocks got punished so lets all have a go at him."

"If Warnock had a great first six months for Villa, it's odd that people don't think he can recapture that form.

That should be what Houllier focuses on, not how to sell him for a rather small fee, as some posters seem to want."

"I like Warnock, the stupid free kick aside i thought he had a decent game. Won a lot of tackles and carries the ball forwards really well. Perhaps was more effective when Ash was playing on the left hand side, they used to work really well together with Warnock making lots of over lapping runs. I dont recall Albrighton getting as much stick for the silly free kick he gave away against Fulham was it?

like others said, this seasons scapegoat."

"I think Warnock's been having a better few games lately, but we all need excuses. Why not blame Clark for getting beat by Roberts all game? No, we'll blame the left back because one of his fouls cost us. The goal could be blamed hugely on Friedel too."

See another side to the picture now by any chance?

You merely picked the quotes that backed up the idea he has always been shit and didn't take a cross section.

"Think that Luke Young's been just as bad this season, if not worse in some games.

Warnock had a really good game against Man U, and positionally he isn't that bad, he is just very rash at times and dives in when there is no need to"

"Luke Young, Ciaran Clarke and Dunne also gave away silly free-kicks. As did others. Just Warnocks got punished so lets all have a go at him."

See another side to the picture now by any chance?

When stuff like this is the best "compliments" a player gets you know he's horrific. I dont see another side of the picture now, I see you proving my point completely. Horrendous, horrendous defender and footballer.

As you implied I made the quotes up I thought you might be speaking from experience of it yourself or can you dish stuff out but not take it back?

I note you're trying to take it off topic now and cant answer the Scott Sinclair stuff.

Most people post a link when qouting off a site thats all.

I can answer it, Sinclair would cost about £5m thats why i'd not go after him.

Hammill for 350k and Warnock on loan, no brainers for me.

We'll just get Philip Lahm in or Fabio Contrao eh?

scott sinclair stephen warnnock andy hamill goes to show the amount of liverpool fans that are willing to put up with shitty fucking players and happy go along with mediocricy desperate times.

Sinclair and ADAM Hammil are both players who were cut far too early and Warnock is a good squad player to have around for free.

It's not a question of putting up with the mediocrity, it's a question of realising that it exists and that it won't change over night.

This thread is hilarious, I see all these players being linked with us that are on the lists of Barca, Real, Milan, etc, Van Der Vaart turned us down for Spurs for fucks sake. Gyan would have been great and he went to Sunderland.

WAKE THE FUCK UP. The only players we are going to be able to sign now are going to be a risk one way or another, whether it be young unproven players, players that have lost confidence or players that are not wanted by BETTER teams.

Lukaku is realistic in that a) we could afford him and b) he might want to play every week which he would here. That's the silver lining of having a squad not worth a shite, players looking to make a name for themselves know they have a great chance to shine!

It's the same reason I won't blame Torres one bit when he moves on at the end of the season. He's already left his boyhood club for lack of improvement so what does he owe us? Nothing.

My insider at the Dutch FA says we have contacted them about the player registration of Rodney Ubbergen, 10 million deal, he's a diamond in the dirt apparently, anyone know anything about him?

You're talking shite. I bet you didn't even know he was a goalkeeper? And plays in the second division of Holland? £10M? Haha.

Also, that 'diamond in the dirt' thing, that's what he has as his own bio on twitter.

And why pray tell does one of Europe's most sort after young players want to turn down teams in much better positions and fight a relegation battle in another country?

I'd rather buy a Ford Mustang than a Fiesta but you know, you play the hand you're dealt.

That still doesn't mean we have to loan/buy shite. Focus would seem like a nice solution for us wouldn't it? I mean he's hardly an improvement on Konchesky so it's just a waste of our already enormous wage bill.

That still doesn't mean we have to loan/buy shite. Focus would seem like a nice solution for us wouldn't it? I mean he's hardly an improvement on Konchesky so it's just a waste of our already enormous wage bill.

Wouldn't worry about the wage bill in regards to the huge sum that Warnock would demand ....

I doubt Babel is the only man who's going to leave before next season.

Negredo's name has surfaced a few times now. Anyone whose seen him play, is he quick and strong?

Wouldnt say quick but defo strong. Reminds me a bit of Van Nistelrooy in brighter days. Real should have signed him when they had the chance I reckon.

Benzema worries me. I can just see him at United and they will make him the player he should have been before he went to Real.