You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shop lifter dilemma

Anny Road

Next time the mother comes in pull her to one side.

Tell her that people have mentioned that they think they saw her daughter put stuff in her pockets.

Without sounding like your accusing them just say that you take rumours like these very seriously and you'll have to keep an eye on the situation in the future, as being a small village accusations and word will spread like wildfire.

If she isn't stealing then you won't look like an accusing knobhead, if she is thinking of doing it again she'll know you'll be watching and will be less likely to do it again.

Be firm but fair, either way you personally won't loose any face.

Guest davelfc

Very difficult one this. You have zero real evidence that she is stealing so fronting the mother is a big NO! If she's covering for her daughter then you're in for a world of shit for falsely accusing her.

Your answer of course while you refuse to have any form of camera evidence is that you can do very little, unless of course you actually see this happening with your own eyes.

Your trusting nature is to be admired but is also a weakness that this family have decided to take advantage of. You may have to bite the bullet and fit a camera as you supposedly do have thieves in your shop now.

But I'd seriously be very careful about anything you might say with no evidence, very careful indeed.

Very African? Very African???

Fucking racist.

Fucking dickhead. I dare you to call me a racist to my face. You have no reason in this thread to call me a racist. I was waiting for it and I new it would happen and you sir have the golden ticket You are a tit. There is nothing rascist in saying someone is african. They are from fucking Kenya. How African can you be.

here's another one

get a dog, ive noticed the africans living around my area are all shit scared of dogs, no matter how big or small, that saves the robbing fucks coming into your shop again

......takes off white cloak and pointy hat......

if you have no evidence, you cant do shit, and should forget about it until you catch them in the act, next time they come in, keep an eye on them, if they steal, then just say it, if they get stroppy, ring Nick Berry, you are in Heartbeat arent you? :whistle:

Just pull her to one side and say "Listen, people have been talking and saying you're stealing from me. So if you are, I suggest you stop or I'll have to get the authorites involved. If you're not, my apologies."

If you dont want to install CCTV, just keep your wits about you.

Job done.