You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shop lifter dilemma

Anny Road

I've no need for CCtv because this is a wee shop you fucking dick. I trust my customers.

Don't dare tell me how to do my job. This is the first instance of shoplifting in 10 years.

A little unprovoked.

If you don't want people telling you how to do your job why are you on here asking?

A little unprovoked.

If you don't want people telling you how to do your job why are you on here asking?

Fishing i suspect. The story just doesn't ring true. I mean a "wee village" with both indian and chinese restaurants? I live in a village and we struggle to sustain a pub never mind restaurants. And the mother distracting him so her daughter can steal sweets, not coffee, not bacon, not spirits or cigarettes, but SWEETS! Is there a demand for cheap dolly mixtures? Are bon bons good for a quick re sale? He's on a wind up.

Guest Scaramanga

If your not sure whether her mam was distracting you whilst the doris with the big tits was nicking sweets then only refuse to serve the girl. If, in the future you find that the mother has been stealing, ban her as well.

Simple really.

By the way, I couldn't give a shit about pretty much everything and anything on the planet, but your avatar is fucking offensive mate.

Any Road you may not percieve yourself to be racist but some of your comments are questionable at the very least. Someone has stolen fom your shop, the next time they come in tell them they are barred, simple as that. They're spending 50p and making you go to extra effort it's an insult and you're not exactly losing trade . The fact this family is black seems to be the thing you're focusing on the most which is a bit silly really, they're not stealing because they're black, they're stealing because no doubt they're poor which I am not for one second condoning.

Any Road you may not percieve yourself to be racist but some of your comments are questionable at the very least. Someone has stolen fom your shop, the next time they come in tell them they are barred, simple as that. They're spending 50p and making you go to extra effort it's an insult and you're not exactly losing trade . The fact this family is black seems to be the thing you're focusing on the most which is a bit silly really, they're not stealing because they're black, they're stealing because no doubt they're poor which I am not for one second condoning.

You're right, it's the poor you need to watch. Sneaky, skint bastards the lot of them!

It's quite an interesting thread, this. You've all got to remember that Anny Road lives in the back arse of beyond, in the Outer Hebrides or somewhere, hence no CCTV. This is probably the biggest crime they've witnessed in their history. Hetty Wainthrop will turn up tomorrow to investigate it.

You can't search people without permission, so patting them down is out.

If you're going to bar them, then I'd make sure you're recording what's going on or have a number of reliable witnesses prsent, as you may find yourself on the wrong end of a racism complaint.

Guest davelfc

Would it not be a good idea to consult with owners of shops in the surrounding area before you do anything. (you've already said they are stealing from them too)

I'm not saying you should all act as one but you might learn a little more and can surely help each other out with a solution.

As I've already said, with zero evidence I would be very careful what you say or what you do.

Would it not be a good idea to consult with owners of shops in the surrounding area before you do anything. (you've already said they are stealing from them too)

I'm not saying you should all act as one but you might learn a little more and can surely help each other out with a solution.

ku_klux_klan.png

Just for the record those that negged me for the swastika avatar need to google swastika. It is a symbol of peace, yes LLEGOVSKI, I'm looking at you. and others.

The Blecks came into the shop Today and I politely asked them to leave. AS ski SAID THIS IS A BIG DEAL UP HERE. There are no black families up here and the ones that are, are made so welcome. To steal from the local shops is a fucking disgrace.

Most of all I am disappointed that the only black family are living up to the white perceived stereotype.

Scumbags like them force the prices up for the honest customers, paying extra to compensate for your inability to deal with thieves is not a way to treat customers.

Doing nothing because of the colour of their skin is a double abdication of responsibility.