You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

More twitter rumours

WaltonRed

Just as an aside, but why do you need to totally hammer the guy? He is just acting like most other Liverpool fans who get a bit of info and want to share it to be in the know. Yeah he comes across as a bit silly, but that's all. You seem desperate to want to abuse him and are going out of your way to do that.

I really don't like the way this goes on across the board. People seem so desperate to hammer others and batter down anyone who appears to put their heads above the parapet. I think it's an ugly trait and it goes on far too much

I'm not looking for an argument here and I'm not looking to create some big issue as you're good craic on these boards. This is a general view on something that goes on a lot and I just think there is no need for it, and your post reminded me of that.

I know this post wont go well, but I see this stuff so much from so many that I just wanted to say something. That's all. I'm back down from the high horse.

Mike liked it

mikejefferiesL4

Thanks to 'JOHNNY H' on theliverpoolway. Some of the posters *waves* on that twitter rumours thread are pretty cold. And sad. Life. A. Get.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul's backed off a bit now.

The honour's list was quite funny I thought.

I think his dad has had a word!

The list in isolation was funny; tacked onto the end of a stream of anti Hodgson invective, not so much.

If NESV want Kenny to play a major part in our resurgence (fingers crossed) it should be left to them to make the decision, but you can see the 'Purslow has stuck his oar in again, how dare he blah blah' angle coming a mile away.

Again, I'm not sure where this Comolli appointment leaves Kenny now. Academy overlord doesn't seem quite enough, gravitas wise.

Mike liked it

mikejefferiesL4

Thanks to 'JOHNNY H' on theliverpoolway. Some of the posters *waves* on that twitter rumours thread are pretty cold. And sad. Life. A. Get.

I've been given a part in his next movie. I'm "Fouth bloke from left standing in pub drinking pint". Oscar nod on the way for me apparantly. I'll forget you all when I'm famous.

That possibly seemed a bit 'arriviste' in terms of fighting the yanks. Even SoS have had their fair share of digs on here (some of those threads were a bit embarrassing) so I don't see why MJ should remain unscathed. The very desire to be seen as an ITK ought to make anyone suspicious, whatever the 'side' or 'angle'.

The video I thought was a bit rubbish, but I'd have kept clicking on Jedward sings Nick Drake if it had meant helping to get rid of the vermin.

It has gone too far though and I apologise for my language.

I used to be part of this fanzine lark, and early on we kept having pops at Barry Venison. Later on we found out he'd read it; he told one person he thought it funny, another that he hated it. Gulp.

You never think of 'famous' people getting to see what you've written and that breeds a certain coldness.

Not any more.

But please Mike, knock off the unfounded damaging rumours. Have a bit of respect for the manager, even if you do think he's shit, he may just may dig his way out of this mess and you'll look even more stupid.

I suppose it is. He also went out of his way to make a video slaughtering the previous ownership to try and keep as much pressure on them as possible. So yes, it is a bit more then that.

He made it at the very end when the sale was practically done though Johnny, why did he wait 3 years to do it?

He made out he had this high class celeb and that A list celeb, and he did it so he felt a little better about himself. It was a personal vanity project for himself and nothing more. It was like SOS taking credit for things they hadn't done, like Kop Faithfuls email campaign.

It was like a Children In Need appeal video, and the GOAL films are fucking crap too.

He's been one of the biggest rumour pushers over the last month and a half. He gets pulled on it and then cries about it.

He made it at the very end when the sale was practically done though Johnny, why did he wait 3 years to do it?

He made out he had this high class celeb and that A list celeb, and he did it so he felt a little better about himself. It was a personal vanity project for himself and nothing more. It was like SOS taking credit for things they hadn't done, like Kop Faithfuls email campaign.

It was like a Children In Need appeal video, and the GOAL films are fucking crap too.

He's been one of the biggest rumour pushers over the last month and a half. He gets pulled on it and then cries about it.

I really think it's a bit much to have a go at the timing of it. We all know the high majority of Liverpool fans didn't really care about the ownership thing up until this summer when things started going drastically wrong. Jefferies had digs at the owners which is all most could really do. Just because the video came out towards the end of the sales process is not a reason for the lad to be called a parasite and whatever personal insults have been thrown around.

I agree that he needs to keep most of his insider knowledge stuff to himself as it, for the most part, is not helping in reagards to the Dalglish stuff, but that doesn't mean he deserves the personal insults he gets. Loads post what they hear, but just because he is in the limelight he therefore deserves to have those comments thrown at him? Utter rubbish. He's a red, and for the "greatest fans in the world" we don't half turn on our own at the drop of a public hat. There are plenty of examples of it even just on this forum

I know it goes on all the time that anyone with any kind of a public persona seems, in some peoples minds, to be fair game and needs to be "knocked down a peg" but why is this? And who are these people that think they are the ones that should do the knocking down?

And then when he has a pop back, he is crying about it? I'd actually go the other way and say there are a few on here who can;t stop crying about it when someone has the temerity to be a red in the public eye. I think it's all a bit childish and wreaks of jealousy. And this isn;t some defence of Jefferies as I don't knwo the guy from Adam, it is a general view on what I've seen certain reds say about other Liverpool fans. They may say something that is wrong, or doesn't ft and they may need to be called on it, but the level of abuse that comes out seems akin to hanging someone for shoplifting.

Your post alone is full of speculation and giving as fact what you think he felt and why he did it. goatboy states that like SoS he puts himself up there to be shot at. Why is that? Disagree with what they say, but do it with a bit of respect and treat him like you'd like to be treated or how you'd act if you were sitting with the person having a pint (Jesus, I sound like the fucking Bible here). Just think there's been enough division in the fan base and that more often then not we create it ourselves.

I really think it's a bit much to have a go at the timing of it. We all know the high majority of Liverpool fans didn't really care about the ownership thing up until this summer when things started going drastically wrong. Jefferies had digs at the owners which is all most could really do. Just because the video came out towards the end of the sales process is not a reason for the lad to be called a parasite and whatever personal insults have been thrown around.

I agree that he needs to keep most of his insider knowledge stuff to himself as it, for the most part, is not helping in reagards to the Dalglish stuff, but that doesn't mean he deserves the personal insults he gets. Loads post what they hear, but just because he is in the limelight he therefore deserves to have those comments thrown at him? Utter rubbish. He's a red, and for the "greatest fans in the world" we don't half turn on our own at the drop of a public hat. There are plenty of examples of it even just on this forum

I know it goes on all the time that anyone with any kind of a public persona seems, in some peoples minds, to be fair game and needs to be "knocked down a peg" but why is this? And who are these people that think they are the ones that should do the knocking down?

And then when he has a pop back, he is crying about it? I'd actually go the other way and say there are a few on here who can;t stop crying about it when someone has the temerity to be a red in the public eye. I think it's all a bit childish and wreaks of jealousy. And this isn;t some defence of Jefferies as I don't knwo the guy from Adam, it is a general view on what I've seen certain reds say about other Liverpool fans. They may say something that is wrong, or doesn't ft and they may need to be called on it, but the level of abuse that comes out seems akin to hanging someone for shoplifting.

Your post alone is full of speculation and giving as fact what you think he felt and why he did it. goatboy states that like SoS he puts himself up there to be shot at. Why is that? Disagree with what they say, but do it with a bit of respect and treat him like you'd like to be treated or how you'd act if you were sitting with the person having a pint (Jesus, I sound like the fucking Bible here). Just think there's been enough division in the fan base and that more often then not we create it ourselves.

Good response that mate.

With me personally it's nothing to do jealousy, it's about people constantly passing things off as fact, UEM did it yesterday with a tweet saying that everyone associated with the sale of the club had said Parry was involved, then said it was reported in the Echo, posted a link to the article and it wasn't confirmed at all.

"It is alleged" is now being passed off as fact because it suits some peoples agenda's. I take issue with people twisting things to suit thier own agenda. I agree that there is a division in the support at the moment, and it fucks me right off, and people like Jeffries are only contributing to the divide, doesn't matter whether he is famous or not, it's exactly what he is doing. And yes he's not alone in that.

Yes there are people who are never going to be happy with how things are at the club, me being one of them, but you don't see me posting bullshit rumours about Parry meeting with the new owners and not Kenny do you? After saying Kenny had been promoted two weeks earlier. It was pure lies and the King was used to help create a further divide. And it's bang out of order.

To be fair everyone is game for a bit of stick when sharing thier opinion or knowledge on something, and your right it shouldn't get as personal as it should, but when a celeb red is doing nothing more than adding to that divide, they should be rightly pulled up on it, but they shouldn't be called all the sundries under the sun, and I have been guilty of it yes, but it's a big part of the internet world, because it's easy to do so.

Someone like Jeffries cries, sorry moans about being waved at on here, which is by me *waves*, but some of the stick he has aimed at Hodgson, while not as bad as some of the idiots on here, have been just as bad as he is upset about. He can dish it out but can't take it.

I think there is a big difference between stick, and outright abuse. I don't mind getting stick (I've changed my signature in expectation ;-) ) but if someone comes on and just calls me a parasite, or a prick or whatever, then that's not stick, it's just abuse.

As I said, I agree that Jefferies needs to keep the Dalglish stuff to himself as more then anything, it won't be helping Kenny most of all, but the post that started this where the writer went out of his way to call a persons attention to his post which was solely just abusing him was pathetic and childish bullying. Have a go and disagree with the content of a comment, but cut out the personal shite.

I think there is a big difference between stick, and outright abuse. I don't mind getting stick (I've changed my signature in expectation ;-) ) but if someone comes on and just calls me a parasite, or a prick or whatever, then that's not stick, it's just abuse.

As I said, I agree that Jefferies needs to keep the Dalglish stuff to himself as more then anything, it won't be helping Kenny most of all, but the post that started this where the writer went out of his way to call a persons attention to his post which was solely just abusing him was pathetic and childish bullying. Have a go and disagree with the content of a comment, but cut out the personal shite.

Ha ha pious twat, love it.

Agree with you Johnny, it shouldn't get personal, but unfortunately it does. I'm guilty of that at times myself, mostly when I post before I think.

Oh you have just PM'D me, KFC?

Just as an aside, but why do you need to totally hammer the guy? He is just acting like most other Liverpool fans who get a bit of info and want to share it to be in the know. Yeah he comes across as a bit silly, but that's all. You seem desperate to want to abuse him and are going out of your way to do that.

I really don't like the way this goes on across the board. People seem so desperate to hammer others and batter down anyone who appears to put their heads above the parapet. I think it's an ugly trait and it goes on far too much

I'm not looking for an argument here and I'm not looking to create some big issue as you're good craic on these boards. This is a general view on something that goes on a lot and I just think there is no need for it, and your post reminded me of that.

I know this post wont go well, but I see this stuff so much from so many that I just wanted to say something. That's all. I'm back down from the high horse.

Agree with every word... except "craic". That word's like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

Guest San Don
mikejefferiesL4 Mike Jefferies

Dalglish had not met w Henry before Saturday. Despite asking for a meeting. End of. Shoot the messenger...

I've been on the very edge of this reading the threads but it seems to me jefferies has some sort of agenda going here.

Was John Henry in the country when Kenny 'asked for a meeting' or did Kenny ask for a meeting next time Henry was over here?

It all depends on time lines surely? From what Henry has been saying I cannot see him attempting to marginalise Kenny. He said in that interview on BBC he had met Kenny.

As I said, is it a timing thing?