You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thomas Ince

Pidge

Okay, I'm going to ignore the generally entropic performance today and just focus on one positive. Not Ayala or Kelly, but Ince. In my opinion he looks quality and does not appear to be off the pace at all in comparison to the players who have already been playing at a more advanced level.

I actually consider him a better player than Amoo, LDV and Eccleston already. He always seems to know what he wants to do when he receives the ball and is quick to adapt if things don't go to plan. I hope he's considered right among the top reserves when it comes to the Europa and League cup games.

I absolutely agree. Watching highlights from ressies and Borrell side from last year I thought he is on the par with Pacheco, which may be far fetched and exeggerated, but I think he is better than Bruna, Kacaniklic, Nemeth, N'Gog, Ayala, even LDV. He is very cool on the ball and seems to have at least two options when he receives the ball. He never gets enough recognition, people seem to be more excited with Sterling, Silva or Amoo, while the last one is a headless chicken for me, talented though. Ince and Pacheco should feature more next term. I would play Ince ahead of Aquilani on Thursday, with Spearing as back up. Jovanovic on the left and Amoo or Eccleston on the right. Don't get me wrong, I'd play Lucas, but have a feeling we will sell him this summer.

I think Ince is much more gifted. Don't treat my opinion too seriously, I don't watch both of them on a weekly basis full time, but for me majority of our 1990-1991 are weak, with the exception of Ayala and Lauri Dalla Valle, maybe Bruna has some talent about him. Younger lads are much more exciting. Kacaniklic won't make it at the top level I guess, so it'll be nice to cash in on him soon, just like with Michaylov or San Jose.

It rumoured that had Houllier got his way' date=' young Ince was a goner because of who his dad was. Apparently Phil Tommo stood up to Houllier and insisted the kid stayed with the club.[/quote']

I heard it was the other way, mate. Thommo was fuming and wanted him nowehre near the academy 'cos of his dad and it was Heighway who had to step in and tell him he was staying.

Whichever one actually happened, I'm glad he stayed as he looks a good prospect.

Very talented but still very raw. Needs to improve his decision making and be a bit more consistent, but you could say that for most young players. He has a bit of arrogance about him that I like. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in the reserves this season. It'll also be interesting to see where he plays, he's always impressed me when playing off the front man.

I heard it was the other way, mate. Thommo was fuming and wanted him nowehre near the academy 'cos of his dad and it was Heighway who had to step in and tell him he was staying.

Whichever one actually happened, I'm glad he stayed as he looks a good prospect.

from what i remember in Fowler's book it says Houllier and Thommo wanted rid but the scout who spotted Fowler (think he died in around 2005) insisted he must stay

Roy seems to take more of an interest in our youth team than Rafa did watched something the other day and tom ince said roy knew a few of the younger players already didn't say were from though

A mixture of Macia and Ince's dad I imagine.

Rodolfo Borrell has brought him on a good bit.

He was very good at the end of last season.

I thought he was one of the worst players of the U18 side in 08/09, but he has improved by the day working under Borrell and by the end of the 09/10 season he started to look a real talent.

He seems very level headed, and has much more game intelligence than the likes of Nathan Eccleston et al. I'd like him to develop his pace and strength a bit more, but he could turn out to be quite a decent player (even by Liverpool standards).

Ince looks a prospect and IMO looks a hell of alot better than Amoo & Eccelston, Ince is very raw and shows his inexperienced at times but he's coming along nicely.

P.S. Amoo reminds me of a Eboue, runs around alot,lots of energy but no end product and a bit of a headless chicken. I do't rate Eccelston at all looks way out of his depth every time he's made the step up, but they still young.

I think Ince is much more gifted. Don't treat my opinion too seriously, I don't watch both of them on a weekly basis full time, but for me majority of our 1990-1991 are weak, with the exception of Ayala and Lauri Dalla Valle, maybe Bruna has some talent about him. Younger lads are much more exciting. Kacaniklic won't make it at the top level I guess, so it'll be nice to cash in on him soon, just like with Michaylov or San Jose.

There is plenty of talent in the 90-91 age group; Pacheco, Ayala, Kelly and Gulacsi are top class.

I don't think Bruna, Amoo, Eccleston, Kaca or Dalla Valle are on the same level (yet at least), but there is a bit of talent there as well.

As likely to make as anyone of our young starlets.

Nah, the likes of Pacheco, Ayala and Wisdom are far more likely to make it IMO. I'll be very surprised if each of them don't play at the highest level. Still a lot of question marks over Ince though.