You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mr Stephen Warnock

Lynch04

was meant to post this for discussion the other day.

My brother (for his sins) is a Villa fan. Anyhow he mentioned to me the other day that there are lots of RUMOURS that SW has fallen out with O'Neill (MON). Apparently MON and SW have had an arguement because SW will not move closer to the Midlands.

There are no links, I am just posting to see what peoples thought are on him returning...LB is an area we are short on?

Whilst I would like a more athletic LB, I have always liked SW. I dont think he is the best out there by far but would be more than happy to see him in a a red shirt (call me sentimental). Also my other bro used to play with him at coventry when he won there player of the year award and he said that he is a top lad and is football through and through. I think he was hindered by injuries whilst with ourselves (LFC).

Would you have him back?

Yes.

Yes I would.

I've explained why and so i'll leave this thread now.

Ha ha,

You may have explainned in an other thread so my apologies if going over old ground :thumbup:

I think he is a solid LB and would do a job for us!!

I would but that is probably lies.

You are more than likely right. You only have to look at some of out own forums. to me SW seems to be a very down to earth lad so could not see him causing problems.

out of interest does anyone know where he lives...area wise not exact address ;)

A whole hearted give it all old type of defender, but not very good, which is why he was sold. Not because he was English and Rafa 'only gives foreigners a chance' blahdee, blahdee, blah.

He was not very good and not someone I'd like to see back at the club. On a par with Konchesky though as someone on here has already said.

Roy said dont believe some of the shite being spouted about potential targets this summer, so hopefully that means a no to the Konchesky link aswell.

Well I did have some banter with my brother about this in relation to the Barry saga. MON with his ridiculous valuations would mean this is a no go!!:wallbutt:

How I thank the good Lord each day for Martin O'Neill's ridiculous valuatuion of Gareth of Barrington.

Praise Jesus!