You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson is a fucking patsy.

lifetime fan

Boooo. At least you came back and posted, was starting to think you'd had a seriously drunken night and it was a full weekend recovery job. There's been that much talk of pasties aswell that I just saw patsy and had to look back for a second wondering if it was a typo.

Of course I would come back.

It wasn't a piss take or wind up thread. Look back at my track record.

If I was pissed when I started the thread there would have been far more spelkling mistakes and typo's.

You don't need a track record in football to negotiate wages and other fees. If he was picking thr actual players, then i'd agree with you.

You don't think you need any idea of a players worth, rather than just trying to barter down their agents opening request?

What track record does Purslow have?

I didn't want Hodgson but it's bang out of order someone else spending 'his' transfer budget without him having the ultimate say.

You don't think you need any idea of a players worth, rather than just trying to barter down their agents opening request?

What track record does Purslow have?

I didn't want Hodgson but it's bang out of order someone else spending 'his' transfer budget without him having the ultimate say.

There's no evidence to sugges that's happening. Unless you're another one of the paranoid cult members who seems to think it actually is happening.

There's no evidence to sugges that's happening. Unless you're another one of the paranoid cult members who seems to think it actually is happening.

Oh yay the lines have been drawn, the paranoid cult versus the Purslowapologista.

Devils advocate, my minds open, my arse.

roydegen.jpg

Roy: "Honestly Degen san, was at Anfield, I asked Cecil if the amount of cash we had for transfers was looking any clearer, and 'woomf!' He shot off down the corridor like fackin' Roadrunner! All I could see was a trail of smoke!"

Degen : "Hah! Thought about playing him on the wing?"

Roy : "Come again?"

I don't think there are many, if any, Purslow apologists around. I think there are a LOT of paranoid conspiracy theorists though.

Oh no, the lines have been drawn now.

Fuck the middle ground, reading between the lines and all shades of grey.

Oh no, the lines have been drawn now.

Fuck the middle ground, reading between the lines and all shades of grey.

It's Rafa v Hodgson though really isn't it? Lets cut through the bullshit, people are crucifying Purslow because they can't really be seen to be having a pop at the new Liverpool manager and Purslow sacked "oh great one"; i myself feel a little bit like i am watching this all from the middle ground, y'see i don't think Woy is up to the job and i also think Benitez had turned into a joke of a manager. Meanwhile the owners collect their cash and the good ship Liverpool continues to sink.

It's Rafa v Hodgson though really isn't it?

For me? No. For many others, no.

It's about Purslow being unfit for the role he's taken on. It's his background, it's the lack of transparency and where we're headed as a club.

Hodgson and Benitez are mere pawns in all this, they matter little or at least they should.

For me? No. For many others, no.

It's about Purslow being unfit for the role he's taken on. It's his background, it's the lack of transparency and where we're headed as a club.

Hodgson and Benitez are mere pawns in all this, they matter little or at least they should.

Agreed. Anyone arguing about the manager (either ex or current) is looking in completely the wrong direction anyway.

Agreed. Anyone arguing about the manager (either ex or current) is looking in completely the wrong direction anyway.

Yes, nearly all clubs now operate with some sort of CEO, MD or DoF. I think the point people are missing is that the problem is with the person filling the role, not the role itself.

If that makes sense.

Insua and Yossi deals being made before he was in post?

As for evidence, you didn't ask for evidence, you stated Hodgson shouldn't have involvement in salary amounts.

Purslow as you have suggested should be in charge of salary negotiations, but salaries come out of the transfer budget as the club have confirmed.

Purslow would be spending Roy's money.

I don't want Roy, but I made the same argument when Rafa was here.

The guy that will ultimately take the can must have all control over signings and what money he has at his disposal.

It's Rafa v Hodgson though really isn't it? Lets cut through the bullshit, people are crucifying Purslow because they can't really be seen to be having a pop at the new Liverpool manager and Purslow sacked "oh great one"; i myself feel a little bit like i am watching this all from the middle ground, y'see i don't think Woy is up to the job and i also think Benitez had turned into a joke of a manager. Meanwhile the owners collect their cash and the good ship Liverpool continues to sink.

He's gone, get over it. This is for real now. Hodgo's here. Deal with it.

Insua and Yossi deals being made before he was in post?

As for evidence, you didn't ask for evidence, you stated Hodgson shouldn't have involvement in salary amounts.

Purslow as you have suggested should be in charge of salary negotiations, but salaries come out of the transfer budget as the club have confirmed.

Purslow would be spending Roy's money.

I don't want Roy, but I made the same argument when Rafa was here.

The guy that will ultimately take the can must have all control over signings and what money he has at his disposal.

It was ever thus though right back to the days of Peter Robinson, managers identified players and the board negotiated the moves. Remember Evans being told to get fucked over £10m for Stam when we were cyring out for a centre back by his good friend and Liverpool fan David Moores?

As for the deals already in motion, I'll shed no tears over any of them, Insua is shite and Benayoun wanted to go.

I doubt Hodgson has a transfer budget, but I guess time will tell.

He should have.

Even if it's a tiny budget plus sales it is his. It is bang out of order 'others' deciding what percentage will be used on salaries, plus how much and what percentage is used on transfer fees.

He's either been done like a kipper or he's a patsy.

In my opinion it's both.

Jah