You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson is a fucking patsy.

lifetime fan

There is a bakery around the corner from mine that does home made pasties, not with shit pastry either, the sort of pastry that melts in yer mouth.

They also do this thing thats about 1ft long and half a foot wide, stuffed with currents, split in the middle with cream and jam on top with icing down the sides, £2 fucking quid it was, it's about £6 now proper horrible bastards for doing that, but it's still cheap for the quality. It's not shit cream either, it's fucking delicious. Not that squirty shite, and not as thick as that butter double cream shite. It's somewhere in between.

For him to be trying to decide transfer targets and push players on the manager, and there's no evidence he's done that yet. A few things have been said by Roy that make things confusing, even dodgy, but conclusions get jumped to so fast that it's hard to work out what the fuck is going on at all anymore.

With players sold, some/all were already on their way out so that's unclear aswell, it's only as time passes that we'll be able to get a better picture, not when the manager has basically just arrived.

Sorry but there is evidence - alright, Benitez told Bennayoun to find a new club. Benitez was then sacked. His decision about the quality and worth of Bennayoun was at that point null and void. Hodgson wasn't at the club - someone was conducting the negotiations, someone concluded those negotiations and presented Hodgson with a fait acompli in regards to Bennayoun.

Now look a little further - for those trying to suggest that the Bennayoun transfer was all due to Bennitez telling Bennayoun that he had no future at the club, this wasn't the case for Insua. So who made that decision, who conducted those talks with Insua's agent, who conducted the talks with Chelsea?

Players have been released this season - who made those decisions.

There is a bakery around the corner from mine that does home made pasties, not with shit pastry either, the sort of pastry that melts in yer mouth.

They also do this thing thats about 1ft long and half a foot wide, stuffed with currents, split in the middle with cream and jam on top with icing down the sides, £2 fucking quid it was, it's about £6 now proper horrible bastards for doing that, but it's still cheap for the quality. It's not shit cream either, it's fucking delicious. Not that squirty shite, and not as thick as that butter double cream shite. It's somewhere in between.

fucking naySayers.

I'm disliking Hodgson more and more.

And why the fuck do we have new quotes from him every fucking day? With Purslow, identifying players to buy, selling those players surplus to requirements, G-ing up the disenchanted, handling negotiations, finding investment, training the first team, ressies, under 18's, briefing Bascombe and Maddock, writing the theme tune, singing the theme tune and dancing to the theme tune; is speaking to the press all that Hodson has left to do?

I gotta stop reading this thread. I started just before lunch time yesterday and had to go buy a pasty, a proper pasty, not a ginsters shit pasty. Now it's nearly 2 in the morning and I want another one but no where is open in Cornwall to buy a pasty and certainly not a freshly made pasty from Auntie Avices pasty shop just down the road.

Should have got 2 and kept one in the fridge just in case.

This proves he is a complete and utter -----

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Hodgson happy with Cole link

Its a true disgrace that someone like this is manager of LFC

Come back Rafa all is forgiven

Jesus H. For once can we have a thread that doesn't wind up back with Rafa and how we are screwed without him?

It's not like he ever fraternized with Purslow and Gillette now is it...

Let Hodgson get on with trying to get us playing football. I swear some on here would rather we had no manager at all. That would show them eh?

Sorry but there is evidence - alright, Benitez told Bennayoun to find a new club. Benitez was then sacked. His decision about the quality and worth of Bennayoun was at that point null and void. Hodgson wasn't at the club - someone was conducting the negotiations, someone concluded those negotiations and presented Hodgson with a fait acompli in regards to Bennayoun.

Now look a little further - for those trying to suggest that the Bennayoun transfer was all due to Bennitez telling Bennayoun that he had no future at the club, this wasn't the case for Insua. So who made that decision, who conducted those talks with Insua's agent, who conducted the talks with Chelsea?

Players have been released this season - who made those decisions.

I think Yossi just wanted out, didn't see any chance of getting anywhere with us anymore, and preferred his chances at chelsea. Insua is the worst one though as Roy said he liked him a few days back didn't he? And now he's gone. It doesn't look like he's had any say in that and yeah he's probably pretty pissed off at the whole thing.

Maybe those comments that Nick has decided to go on a mad one with are a sign that Roy's confused at his lack of say in what's going on at the moment, and if Cock Piss Purslow thinks he's got himself a nice and cosy yes man it should backfire, as Roy just cannot be as daft as some people are making him out to be.

Insua must be the last though. Cock Piss has probably seen that he's had a shit season and like some on here would have done, has all too happily accepted the 5mil and is now getting funds ready for another left back. Not that it's right as it should be the managers decision, but that's Cecil for you I suppose.

The only thing now is how much funds do we have left after we sign a left back? And I'm still wondering what he's said to Torres when they spoke the other day, it's bugging me. Is he in with Broughton and would they happily cash in and make it look like they had no choice? And how hard is he going to try to strengthen the side? It just leads to more questions, and when you see all the players we're linked with it seems hopeless trying to work it out. Only signings will give an indicator, and at least two of them. The left back then our first attacking player.

The worst danger is Cecil going too far then Roy having to resort to taking sly shots at him via the press when asked questions....it'll just look like we're on our way back to square one. Cecil and Broughton have to prove that the club can still work with them running it though for the time being, and they've only got this window to make that possible. After that they shouldn't even be here.

Edited by Red Phoenix

What's wrong with what he said?

Cole is a free agent and he isn't disrespecting anyone.

Its wrong that Hodgson is a complete pussy that has no respect or power about who he signs. Clearly showing his lack of power by saying stupid shit like this:

"If you want to know about transfer targets, and how things are progressing, you'll have to ask (managing director) Christian Purslow because he's the man looking after those discussions, not me."

Let me get this straight: Hodgson is written off before he manages a game and Purslow's terrible for chasing transfer targets? Did it occur to you they may be doing their jobs which are very specific and Hodgson is merely reporting the facts? Hodgson and Purslow's want success just like we do- probably for different reasons- but success all the same. To write the manager off before he's even started is a disgrace and for that matter, this thread's a disgrace in itself.

Originally Posted by talktome

Im beginning to think that Roy is just a Coach and Purstrings is now looking after all transfers. Especially after this interview with Roy who clearly states this.

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Liverpool | Hodgson happy with Cole link

If you want to know about transfer targets, and how things are progressing, you'll have to ask (managing director) Christian Purslow because he's the man looking after those discussions, not me.

Key bit that mate.

Sorry Ian I've enboldened the key part, we're selling a decent young argentinian left back for 5 mil, and according to the propagandist we;re looking to replace him with Paul Konfuckingchesky.... Purslow wants fucking warning - if this blows up he shouldn't show his face in the city again..... not that I reckon the cunt could really give 2 shiny shites about the city or the club.

Not show his face in the city?! You do realise Konvhesky's been dependable against top strikers for years and Insua looks defensively vulnerable? Not show his face in the city? What'll you do?! Can picture you like the fool that started a fight on the pitch with Ian Walker all those years ago!

Not show his face in the city?! You do realise Konvhesky's been dependable against top strikers for years and Insua looks defensively vulnerable? Not show his face in the city? What'll you do?! Can picture you like the fool that started a fight on the pitch with Ian Walker all those years ago!

Fuck off you wanker, he should be hounded from the city of liverpool, it doesn't have to be violent - though a cockegg may find it disappointing that scousers can actually protest without getting violent... another three mil in yer top drawer eh Christy, fucking get Konchesky in.

Some of the hysteria on here is unbelievable, especially from a club whose fans are notoriously loyal to their managers.

For one thing, Hodgson's comment on Purslow is being taken way out of context - it's hardly unusual for the manager to identify targets which are then pursued by the MD, who negotiates fees, wages, etc.

For another, a ball hasn't yet been kicked in the Hodgson era and people are already calling for his head on a plate. He wasn't my first choice, but he's Liverpool manager now and he hasn't done anything to deserve this opprobrium. It was time for a change, as the likes of Torres have said - whether he was the right man time will tell, but some seem to have made their minds up already and are determined to be right - so we will end up with the same tiresome rows as we did over Rafa, only immediately. :wallbutt:

It's not Championship Manager. Thanks to the owners the type of players we can afford to sign are in the Konchesky league or freebies like Joe Cole - Hodgson knew that when he arrived and probably recognises that on last season's evidence, Konchesky is more reliable than Insua. The only way he will have money to spend is if (or when) we sell Mascherano - and even then he may not get all of it. It's a tough rebuilding job and we won't be signing lots of big names this summer. Whoever the manager is, their job would be to sign decent players to fill some of the obvious gaps and try to pick up the odd bargain like Cole. I don't like it, but it's not Roy Hodgson's fault and it would be the same for any LFC manager in the current era.