You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Roy Hodgson Thread

BexBissel

Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?

Well well, it seems some regular posters have disappeared with their tail between their legs since their champion Roy Hodgson failed misearbly at LFC. Coincidence? Old news?

Anyway this probably belongs in the Former Managers forum.

Well well, it seems some regular posters have disappeared with their tail between their legs since their champion Roy Hodgson failed misearbly at LFC. Coincidence? Old news?

Anyway this probably belongs in the Former Managers forum.

I think it belongs in the bin mate. It's like reading the diary of a domestic abuse rape victim. All the signs where there.

God help us. He'll be a disaster, I can see us going out of the league cup to lower level opposition, home defeats to the likes of Wolves and Blackpool. But I expect Hicks and Gillett to be forced out around October and someone like FSG who own Boston Red Sox to come in and replace him with Kenny as caretaker before the FA Cup kicks off. I think he'll do alright in the cups but I don't know about the league, personally I'd go with an up and coming young manager, someone like Brendan Rodgers although I hear he may be on his way to Swansea. Tim Sherwood is a more likely candidate.

'Tim Sherwood is a more likely candidate'. Fucks sake, how much wronger could I have been.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

All kinds of wrong in this thread.

It was like Stockholm Syndrome for some people (including me). First off when he was first linked, the reaction was 'fuck that right off', then when he was likely to join it was 'well, I don't want him but at least he will steady the ship between owners and manager', then he joined and it was like 'not my first choice but expectations are so low that he will find it hard not to do well. Good luck Roy', said with a face resembling a smilie with an S for a mouth.

Now he's just a hateful cunt who can cunt off.

Ribery retired from International football but France have called him up and now Platini has threatened him with a 3 game ban if he does not turn up. Apparently, players can't choose to retire.

I can just imagine Hodgson to pull a cunts move and try this with Gerrard now, the fucking cunt.

Ribery retired from International football but France have called him up and now Platini has threatened him with a 3 game ban if he does not turn up. Apparently, players can't choose to retire.

I can just imagine Hodgson to pull a cunts move and try this with Gerrard now, the fucking cunt.

It's been like that for a while. You have to retire full stop to get out of internationals. There's got to be someone mad enough like Bosman to take on FIFA et al about this. There has to be some sort of law against being made to work when you don't have to which is what this is.

Easily dealt with. When they put you on the pitch just walk around and give each pass to an opposition player. And that'll be the end of your call-ups and there is fuck all anyone can do about it.