You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hw does Benitez get away with it?

Mitch

The way i see it is if the club get's investment in the summer which is unlikely can you really trust Benitez to spend it adequately? Personally i would'nt loan him my car for the day but in all seriousness i would'nt give him a bean to spend. He's a poor poor manager IMO got lucky at Valencia inheriting Cuper's team and got lucky in Istanbul and Cardiff with both games won on peno's despite horrible tactics.

18 games lost this season.

out of the title race by christmas 5 years out of 6.

out of all domestic cups at the earliest possible date every year..normally to pub teams.

Dire football.

Embarrassing tactics.

Woeful in the transfer market.

Joke team selections.

Seriously.. if he tried to do a worse job.. he would struggle... with the players and money he has had at his disposal.

No manager of any top 8 club in Europe ... has a worse record.

and yet he continues to bumble on... stealing HUGE wages.

Is benitez the greatest conman since Bernie Madoff... and will he continue to get away with it... or will he end up in prison..where he belongs? Infact i think Benitez is going to announce to the general footballing public that he is'nt in fact a football manager but a spectacular scam artist who fooled the masses he was actuallly half good at it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way i see it is if the club get's investment in the summer which is unlikely can you really trust Benitez to spend it adequately? Personally i would'nt loan him my car for the day but in all seriousness i would'nt give him a bean to spend. He's a poor poor manager IMO got lucky at Valencia inheriting Cuper's team and got lucky in Istanbul and Cardiff with both games won on peno's despite horrible tactics.

out of all domestic cups at the earliest possible date every year..normally to pub teams.

Dire football.

Embarrassing tactics.

Joke team selections.

Seriously.. if he tried to do a worse job.. he would struggle... with the players and money he has had at his disposal.

Is benitez the greatest conman since Bernie Madoff... and will he continue to get away with it... or will he end up in prison..where he belongs? Infact i think Benitez is going to announce to the general footballing public that he is'nt in fact a football manager but a spectacular scam artist who fooled the masses he was actuallly half good at it.

YOU GO GIRL!

(Does side to side clicky finger thing)

Can we just have a Rafa Bashing forum. So all the gimps can tell eachother how shit he is and at the same time leaving the people who understand the ups and downs of football to discuss what is going wrong in a non knee jerk reactional way. We could call this thread something like THE KNOBHEADS FORUM.

Mitch you can be first poster.

Here it is:

The future looks bleak for the club. Out of the Champions League, League Cup and a title challenge which is in tatters. The first time in seven years that the club has failed to reach the last 16. So what has caused this huge decline?

First of all, lets look at last season:

Second place finish with 86 points, scoring 87 goals and letting in 27, with a goal difference of +60. The future looked bright and it seemed Rafa could be the man to guide the title to Liverpool. The owners of the club said they would give Rafa Benitez the funds to take the final step and win the league. The owners' end-of-season propaganda looked to try and get back in the good books of some Liverpool supporters, especially getting the backing of SoS. New sponsorship deals were announced which would generate even more money for the club as well as key players signing new deals and Rafa having full control of the academy. Then, reports of the clubs' finances were leaked which shown that the debt the club had was unsustainable and that the club needed to raise cash to stay afloat. Rafa's transfer plans were cut and he was told that he needed to reduce the wage bill.

Real Madrid came in with huge cash and tried to bully Liverpool and, in some people's eyes, they did bully Liverpool into selling Xabi Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa. Xabi Alonso had agreed with Rafa that he was to go and Arbeloa had one year left on his contract. Rafa's hand was forced. Furthermore, he did not get all the funds from the sales he made. If you look at a net spend, Rafa has spent less than £3 million in the last two seasons. Is this what you would expect from title challengers? Rafa signed Aquilani on a 5 year deal (contrary to popular belief it was actually a 5 month deal) and Glen Johnson. As well as bringing in young defender Chris Mavinga who looks like one for the future. Johnson looked like a brilliant buy for the £17 million Liverpool spent on him. Portsmouth also owed Liverpool money from the Crouch transfer the season before which made the deal look even better.

Now then, onto this season, the team itself seemed weaker than before, and the season had not yet started. Matters out of the managers hands had depleted the squad and it was up to Rafa to pick up the pieces. On the opening day of the season, it was evident that things were not right. Further leaks of the clubs finances shown Rafa had to work on a shoestring budget and the owners had made fools of themselves once more looking for buyers, yet nothing had transpired. Gillett has sold one of his assets to fund his side of the debt while Hicks (to this day) struggled to raise cash and according to a few reports, he has missed one payment.

Back onto matters on the pitch, Rafa struggled to raise his teams morale and the club was on a downward spiral. Reports that star players such as Mascherano and Reina were unsettled further damaged the club. Some fans turned against Rafa but the majority of fans inside Anfield seemed to back Rafa. Despite the failings of the club on the pitch, the supporters inside Anfield tried to spur the club on, beating Man Utd 2-0 at home. But was this a turning point or papering over the cracks? Further results seemed to show that this was papering over the cracks and something needed to be done. The owners promised to not sack Rafa and the owners stated they were willing to back the manager with money in January.

Meanwhile, several members of the SoS group met Gillett and he granted an interview with one member of the group. In this interview Gillett seemed to place the majority of the blame on Hicks and backtracked on things he had said previously. One obvious thing emerged from the meeting, Gillett would never accept responsibility for his actions.

“Now if it’s not getting better, it’s not Gillett and Hicks, it’s the manager, it’s the scouting. You have to make sure you balance out your analysis. There was plenty of money, so if you have any complaints, take a look at the ins and outs.”

This was taken from Gillett's meeting with SoS. In this alone, he shows blatant disrespect to Rafa and it seemed he had dug himself into a huge hole with his comments. Both Gillett and Hicks have had an awful relationship with Benitez since their arrival, and the relationship has had a number of low points, but this was the lowest point by far.

Back on the pitch, all the matters on it lead to the owners' troubles off it. Now as a manager, Rafa is not perfect and he does have to take some of the blame but after being promised so much and given so little, you have to wonder how easy a ride Rafa has had.

No matter what does happen though, the club will survive this rough patch and will come out of this stronger. But it cannot be done alone. Rafa needs the support of the players, the board and more importantly, the fans.

Rafa can change the club, but he needs the support of all Liverpool fans to do this.

I have not changed my stance on Rafa since this was posted. (November)

Here it is:

I have not changed my stance on Rafa since this was posted. (November)

Good piece but no mention of Aquilani. if we were to go closer than last season we needed to replace alonso with someone who could make an immediate impact, not someone

a) most of us had never heard of

b) was injured

c) was obviously going to take at least a year to settle in a new country

d) has hardly fucking come off the bench all season

my two biggest problems this season have been our defending from set pieces and forking out 20m odd on a misfit. after what happened with Keane you'd think surely it can't happen again and then it does. dreadful business.

£88 NETT over 6 years isn't, is it?

£2 million NETT over the last 4 tranfer windows isn't, is it?

Lets blame Rafa because its easy, eh?

nett schmett.

Mancs and arse have a large net gain over the last 2 years.

Bottom line is he has consistently weakened the squad in that time and repeatedly set the team up in a negative, cowardly fashion.

Dire football.

Embarrassing tactics.

Joke team selections.

NET SPEND.

There are 2 clubs who have spent more than us since his arrival (chelski/citeh), therefore we cannot compete. According to Rafa we should just compare the value of every team at the beginning of the season and skip the silly football-kicking altogether.

nett schmett.

Mancs and arse have a large net gain over the last 2 years.

Bottom line is he has consistently weakened the squad in that time and repeatedly set the team up in a negative, cowardly fashion.

Is there no end from this mindless drivel.

Seriously though, give Rafa 500million to buy the worlds best players and we'll win the league. Fucking selfish owners won't give him half a billion quid though.

It would give us the strength in depth we badly need. For now we have Aquilani as back up for Lucas; imagine if we could replace Kuyt with Messi whenever he's suspended or injured?