You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hw does Benitez get away with it?

Mitch

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nett schmett.

Mancs and arse have a large net gain over the last 2 years.

Bottom line is he has consistently weakened the squad in that time and repeatedly set the team up in a negative, cowardly fashion.

Indeed, there are rumours of us hiding in the changies for the 90 minutes of the Burnley game, only nipping out to score at the end.

This has all been done before. We all know the issues - both sides. The biggest thing at the club at the moment is the search for new owners. Rafa has probably come to the end of the road, but if he did stay on under new owners and was given money to spend, we would see if he could build on last year after regressing this.

I suspect new owners will come and they will want their own man. Rafa will probably have a fresh start in Italy. If he does, he should go with out thanks for no.5, as well as some other good things along the way.

£88 NETT over 6 years isn't, is it?

£2 million NETT over the last 4 tranfer windows isn't, is it?

Lets blame Rafa because its easy, eh?

I dont think nett spend even matters, hes still been given 200 odd million to get the right players for the team and he hasnt done it

Bellamy for example, spent 6m but didnt fit in, sold for 12m, 6m profit, so he was a bad signing but a big profit, the nett spend thing inaccurate, how much of that nett spend is people signed but sold for being not good enough?

I dont think nett spend even matters, hes still been given 200 odd million to get the right players for the team and he hasnt done it

Bellamy for example, spent 6m but didnt fit in, sold for 12m, 6m profit, so he was a bad signing but a big profit, the nett spend thing inaccurate, how much of that nett spend is people signed but sold for being not good enough?

wrong atually he joined city for 12m but he still left us for a profit like Gonzalez & Voronin

He has raised at least half of that through selling players which would have kept our squad stronger if we had been able to keep them.

Can no one see that we are a "sell to buy" club and that no club with that ethos can possibly win the league?

We can all complain about his tactics against smaller teams, his substitutions, some of the players he has persisted with. But the man hasn't been given a blank chequebook and told "Have fun". He's had to work with what he had, and it, for a few years, has been nothing.

i find it therapy when no one else can read what i say but i can still type away.

beginning to think uncle dave is as much of a coward as rafa. what still remains to be seen is whether he's also a cock sucker like so many of the apologists on here.

rafa is a grade A cunt, coward and fat bastard. calling him a fat spanish waiter is infact as insult to fat spanish waiters. i've yet to come across one that gets my order wrong every week!

el zahr ahead of aquilani - ha! fucking useless fat cowardly mother fucking, hope he dies of aids cunt!!

£220m+ is a shit load of money

Did he spend £220 million in one go?

Good piece but no mention of Aquilani. if we were to go closer than last season we needed to replace alonso with someone who could make an immediate impact, not someone

a) most of us had never heard of

b) was injured

c) was obviously going to take at least a year to settle in a new country

d) has hardly fucking come off the bench all season

my two biggest problems this season have been our defending from set pieces and forking out 20m odd on a misfit. after what happened with Keane you'd think surely it can't happen again and then it does. dreadful business.

It was from November. Aquilani was taking baby steps.

The way i see it is if the club get's investment in the summer which is unlikely can you really trust Benitez to spend it adequately? Personally i would'nt loan him my car for the day but in all seriousness i would'nt give him a bean to spend. He's a poor poor manager IMO got lucky at Valencia inheriting Cuper's team and got lucky in Istanbul and Cardiff with both games won on peno's despite horrible tactics.

18 games lost this season.

out of the title race by christmas 5 years out of 6.

out of all domestic cups at the earliest possible date every year..normally to pub teams.

Dire football.

Embarrassing tactics.

Woeful in the transfer market.

Joke team selections.

Seriously.. if he tried to do a worse job.. he would struggle... with the players and money he has had at his disposal.

No manager of any top 8 club in Europe ... has a worse record.

and yet he continues to bumble on... stealing HUGE wages.

Is benitez the greatest conman since Bernie Madoff... and will he continue to get away with it... or will he end up in prison..where he belongs? Infact i think Benitez is going to announce to the general footballing public that he is'nt in fact a football manager but a spectacular scam artist who fooled the masses he was actuallly half good at it.

who would you give it too ?

The way i see it is if the club get's investment in the summer which is unlikely can you really trust Benitez to spend it adequately? Personally i would'nt loan him my car for the day but in all seriousness i would'nt give him a bean to spend. He's a poor poor manager IMO got lucky at Valencia inheriting Cuper's team and got lucky in Istanbul and Cardiff with both games won on peno's despite horrible tactics.

18 games lost this season.

out of the title race by christmas 5 years out of 6.

out of all domestic cups at the earliest possible date every year..normally to pub teams.

Dire football.

Embarrassing tactics.

Woeful in the transfer market.

Joke team selections.

Seriously.. if he tried to do a worse job.. he would struggle... with the players and money he has had at his disposal.

No manager of any top 8 club in Europe ... has a worse record.

and yet he continues to bumble on... stealing HUGE wages.

Is benitez the greatest conman since Bernie Madoff... and will he continue to get away with it... or will he end up in prison..where he belongs? Infact i think Benitez is going to announce to the general footballing public that he is'nt in fact a football manager but a spectacular scam artist who fooled the masses he was actuallly half good at it.

In some people's eyes, they see benitez as untouchable. Some others think they can see something of ferguson in him so although like ferguson, he couldnt win the league in 6 or 7 attempts, they think like ferguson it will all come right if we just give him time.

I think that outlook is flawed.

managers are transient, they pass through a club in 4 to 8 year cycles before they lose the winning ability with that club and have to move on.

Benitez doesnt have ferguson's winning mentality. He isnt going to come good again and has clearly peaked. he and we need to move on.

The Liverpool Way was not to sack managers but that needs to change otherwise its going to be 25, 30, or even 35 years since we last won the title.

Jesus. I forgot about that.

That should be set in fucking stone;

-Champions League Number 5.

-FA Cup Winner.

-Sold Voronin For A Fucking Profit.

Respect is due.

The fact he bought Voronin in the first place means he doesn't get respect for that.

We didn't make a profit on him either. He got a signing on fee for joining here and at least 50k a week over 2 and a half years which is roughly 6m quid in wages alone and we sold him for 1.5m so Voronin and his super performances for us cost us the best part of 5m quid (conservatively) during his time here.

Not played fully for what is it, 3 years? I knew it was gonna take time and Rafa has took a huge risk in this. Unfortunatly it didn't pay off.

Who would you have got instead of Aquilani if you don't mind me asking.

Really? Benitez thought he'd be fit about 12 weeks after signing him. He's been fit since about December and now he doesnt play him!

Benitez stands or falls on his decisions. And on his decisions, he's falling too often for a top manager.

Not played fully for what is it, 3 years? I knew it was gonna take time and Rafa has took a huge risk in this. Unfortunatly it didn't pay off.

Who would you have got instead of Aquilani if you don't mind me asking.

Not sure but I am not entrusted with being paid 4m 5m a year to make these decisions like Rafa is which ultimately have proved to be his downfall.

I wouldn't have shelled so much out on Glen Johnson either. We were crying out for a wide player and a striker but we break our tranfer record for a defender and buy a 20m crock whilst other areas in the squad are left short as witnessed yet again lat night seeing N'Gog toiling up front was a sorry sight and I am actually starting to feel sorry for him.

I do feels sorry for him and I will always remember him for the good memories he gave me through the years. I want him to stay but if he goes I will understand it and I won't think of his fuck up this season but the past memories.

As for what you said, after Arbeloa went I thought Johnson was going to be a top signing and Rafa said he still had more money. Then he said he didn't have money so something happened. I think if Torres had been fit more and we were able to buy a good wide player we wouldn't be in the position we are.

The fact he bought Voronin in the first place means he doesn't get respect for that.

We didn't make a profit on him either. He got a signing on fee for joining here and at least 50k a week over 2 and a half years which is roughly 6m quid in wages alone and we sold him for 1.5m so Voronin and his super performances for us cost us the best part of 5m quid (conservatively) during his time here.

i meant transfer fees which is what the nett spend is based on, my point was its not accurate as someone like Voronin, brought for nothing knocks off money when working out nett spend

I do feels sorry for him and I will always remember him for the good memories he gave me through the years. I want him to stay but if he goes I will understand it and I won't think of his fuck up this season but the past memories.

As for what you said, after Arbeloa went I thought Johnson was going to be a top signing and Rafa said he still had more money. Then he said he didn't have money so something happened. I think if Torres had been fit more and we were able to buy a good wide player we wouldn't be in the position we are.

i meant transfer fees which is what the nett spend is based on, my point was its not accurate as someone like Voronin, brought for nothing knocks off money when working out nett spend

Edited by jamespp
edit: sorry double post, using internet on a nintendo wii

nessa.jpg

I've been hacked by Melons...

*Hides*

Really? Benitez thought he'd be fit about 12 weeks after signing him. He's been fit since about December and now he doesnt play him!

Benitez stands or falls on his decisions. And on his decisions, he's falling too often for a top manager.

Every manager makes mistakes.

Fergie spunked the same money on Owen Hargreaves, who had previous injury issues and hasnt played for nearly 2 years.

Every manager makes mistakes.

Fergie spunked the same money on Owen Hargreaves, who had previous injury issues and hasnt played for nearly 2 years.

And has the small consolation of 3 League titles 2 Carling Cups and a CL since he signed him but apart from that you are correct.