You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

Thats brilliant, I've got an induction at the gym on monday, whilst i swim 3 or 4 times a week - i've not been to a gym since moving over a year ago. Not looking forward to it.

I today realised just how much easier it is to enjoy the gym when your lighter, i hated it today. Paid for 3 months in advance, if i still hate it when that's run its course i'm going to stick to swimming and being fat.

Another tasty snack I like is mashed blueberries on peanut-buttered wholemeal bread. Very tasty, easy, filling, and full of protein, essential-fats, and complex-carbs(slow-burning).

That sounds fucking brilliant, actually. I'd not have thought of something like that... despite it being dead simple.

• 2 weeks later...

Update :

2 weeks into a weightwatcher type program and I've lost 6lbs(Was 15st and now 14st 8)This is with absolutely no exercise and still having a few beers and a couple of takeaways. The weekends are hardest but I feel fookin' great.

I've cut down on whitebread a lot, cut out sugar completely and gotten rid of the crisps and biscuits.

The missus has a great menu laid on each day. Couldnt do this without her.

Enjoying food much more now. Hope the rest of you are doing ok.

I've had a bacon butty, a large XL Bacon double cheesburger meal from BK, two packs of crisp, a pack of Rolo's and a hotdog today. Having steak and chips in a minute as well.

Still weigh the exact same as when this thread started. I can basically eat anything I want and don't get fat. My Dad is the exact same as me and can eat fucking anything but never gets fat.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Time for another campaign update. Just over a week to go in June and I've reached another significant milestone of three stone down. When I first started in the new year, I thought I'd be doing well to get to this stage in August. But with an ever changing forecast schedule, it's happened inside the six month mark. So on average a half stone a month, and I'm extremely pleased with that, not least as I've maintained it and not let myself slip by being complacent that I can lose it when I want to. That's a bad mindset.

Once again, I have to stress, that I'm eating the same amount of food as before, just that it's now fresh and whole foods, not nearly as much processed foods as before.

Being able to enjoy cycling with the decent Summer weather has been a benefit, as well as the walking. There was something of a plateau while walking only, as the body was becoming used to the routine, and so I had to adapt and change. At a certain point in the future, this will probably happen again as it becomes used to the cycling, so I'll just have to look for ways to change around again.

At the last update I did, I said the target was at least three stone. Now that I've got here, and still see there's plenty more to go, there's no point in saying the target is four stone, because it'll probably go beyond that. Going on height/weight charts, 12 stone would be just on the edge of being OK/overweight, with 11 stone being ideal. I honestly cannot remember the last time I was that weight. Certainly not in the past 20/25 years anyway. If the current rate is maintained, then that should be mid August, so we'll see then.

There's now a warrant for the arrest of Fowler's God for abandoning his own thread. If he doesn't get his arse back here pronto and tell us how he's doing, the consequences may be red. And how is anyone else doing? Hopefully I'm not the only one out there.

I do. I'm back playing football and have been asked to play for a seniors side (over 35s before I get any smart arse comments) so I want to get fit. And yeah, part of this diet thing is about the psychology of eating and not over eating and how to control it.

The above post was as of the 9th of March.

Well I've done better then expected. I've lost a total of 6 1/2 stone (91 lbs for the Europeans) and have been maintaining that for a while now. I'm a regular gym goer and go running regularly also.

Total life change from the beer swilling, take away munching fat pudding who couldn't run a bath never mind a 10km when I started on January 1st this year.

Well I've done better then expected. I've lost a total of 6 1/2 stone (91 lbs for the Europeans) and have been maintaining that for a while now. I'm a regular gym goer and go running regularly also.

Total life change from the beer swilling, take away munching fat pudding who couldn't run a bath never mind a 10km when I started on January 1st this year.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for that picture of you oiled up, can't believe you've managed that and you're not flaunting yourself to the women out there. Such as slacker.

And Fowlers God is still conspicuous by his continued absence from his own thread. How's it going for you' date=' Dan?

Dan?

Helloooooo...[/quote']

Fucking shit thats why I am staying off it.

I am starting again soon...............

Reading my El N**o autobiography that I was given for fathers day and my belly covering the bottom sentences made me realise that I reaaly need to kick this shit. I need motivation..........

My job has changed alot- currently averaging between 55-65 hours a week so by the time I get home I am either starving for my dinner (typical fatty talk) or wanting to spend some time with family or so tired going straight to bed.

Good work lads, good work.

I'm totally out of ideas when it comes to getting rid of my gut, I reckon I'm carrying about three stone but I've never been able to shift it. I eat well, I do weights and cardio at the gym, but it just will not ever go. I'd love to be able to go jogging but my knees can't take it.

Just eat less and do more exercise.

haha.

Mate I wish. I think genes play more of a part in my situation than lifestyle, and it's something I've just had to get my head around. Of all the people I know, I eat the least - and I certainly eat the least shite.

How did you manage to lose 6 1/2 stone without amputating your limbs? Well done mate.

Unfortunately, my penis weights about 3 stone so I'll never be my ideal weight. It's ideal for the ladies but not me.

Guest TK-421
haha.

Mate I wish. I think genes play more of a part in my situation than lifestyle, and it's something I've just had to get my head around. Of all the people I know, I eat the least - and I certainly eat the least shite.

Yeah, I used to be able to pork out and it wouldn't show but I'm more careful now. A few weeks with less beer and carbs and I usually fit my clothes again.

After 18 months out due to a bone growth on my hip im starting myself now,I will be starting at a gym in london to do MMA/Submission grappling while doing some stand up training aswell but i have to strengthen the muscles round the hip first.

If anyone is trying to loose wieght cut out sandwhiches and bread in general,not alot to it and very high in calories,also alot of people have a unkown allergy to wheat,its put in everything as a filler. I have left cheese and bread out of my diet and feel much better,if you want a burger or some chicken use a pitta or cornflour tortilla wrap

I'm 6ft and weigh 12 stone 10 lbs, my gut is the problem. I cannot properly shift that bastard. People always say eat fresh food but quite frankly I'm clueless about what meals/combinations to eat. I concede that my sole liquid intake is Coke so that may be a factor in the gut problem.