You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aquilani

PaulMcC

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few misplaced passes at the start of the 2nd half at least. Didn't set the world on fire but there were some encouraging signs.

Tell that to Soleilrouge, who was apparently watching the Second Coming. It was the receiver's fault that some of Aquilani's passes failed to reach their target!

For the record, your appraisal is bang on.

He tired in the second half, but there were some very nice touches, and a few excellent passes.

The most important thing for me was he was asking for the ball all the time and trying to get things moving.

Pretty positive for me, and pleased he got through the best part of a game.

I think he looked suprised at the lack of options every time he got decent possession himself. As a result, he frequently held on to the ball a bit too long. Few lovely little weighted balls though and a few easier passes misplaced.

Overall decent but a bit hesitant. I hope that's through being new to the team/England and rustiness rather than having his mind boggled by coaching instruction.

Felt he was being missed out in the 1st half after taking up great positions in midfield. A team has to get trust in a player particularly when they are nervous.

Noticed second half Stevie trusting him more with short and long passes. Overall he did ok but obviously needs to get adjusted to the pace of the premiership.

He definitely has vision, an eye for a pass and good execution. Needs to work on fitness and toughness for this league.

I was happy with him, was annoyed that alot of people were not actually using

him to pass more often to. but when he got the ball he used it well.

he went missing a bit, but I am hoping he is just getting used to the PL.

would like to see him get more involved in the next few games, and if he is

as good as he is meant to be, I would like to see him get as much of the ball

as alonso did at his prime.

As has been said, he misplaced a few but also played some lovely balls. One long low raker pass out to the right side, and a few lovely first time passes.

Thought more then once he got the ball and looked out wide and absolutely no one was there and he had to turn on himself. He also seems to love the reverse pass in all parts of the pitch which, once the players get used to him, should hopefully create space.

He already has the quick one touch pass in his game, so he is just going to have to get used to using it a lot more often then he is used to.

One thing that pleased me was throughout the game he was pointing where his teammates should be passing the ball and what channels to use and how to use it. Seems very vocal on the pitch which we need plenty of.

This was also all against a team intent on defending and been in the players faces throughout, so against teams who want to play against us he should also get a bit more space.

A decent first game and we know he has loads more to give as he finds his feet, so I was happy enough with him.

I was impressed with him to be honest. As I have been every time he's played apart from maybe against Birmingham. He always looks like he wants the ball and that's something we've missed this season. The passing did go awry - but that for me was when he was tired. I personally would have taken him off 10 minutes earlier as he was knackered.

He has a touch of class about him though, you can see that.

Encouraging.

I think he'd be better behind Torres though with Gerrard dropping back at the moment though until he gets used to the pace and physical nature of our game though.

I think he tends to slighly under hit his passes, sometimes they were only just reaching the intended target.

I think he started to give the ball away in the 2nd half as he was knackered.

i feel the team needs to get use to him , as much as he needs to ajust to the prem. Would like the team to invole him a lot more in build ups, as he does have the eye for a decent ball be it long or short.

Over all I wasn't disapointed by him and expect him to becomming a first team key player in the near future.

He played well, Lucas and Aquilani are going to be just fine once we sell Mascherano. He sees the passes well and will execute better once he plays a bit more. Also, he seems to have the capacity to take off some of the burden from Gerrard and Torres, just as expected.