You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have got decent odds on that mate?

9/2 mate, but the odds are always shite in the ground.

I like to have a bet at half time though, as you get a good idea who's playing well and that. I took a chance on Gerrard tonight as he'd only just come on but he was always most likely to score for us.

Couldn't really give too much of a shit, Gerrard's done similar one more than one occasion. For some reason if it was Gerrard there'd probably not be as much of a problem. Gerrard did Platoon last year, and I don't think N'gog's was too far off, seems more like a case of giving the young kid stick. Of course it was wrong, but unless there's a ruling that punishes every player for diving then there's probably no point singling one player like N'gog out, which is basically just echoing what Danny Murphy was saying after the match.

Some people need to get a fucking grip, yes he dived but so do loads of other cunts in the premiership past and present, them ESPN twats replayed it on the telly to death and they never do it like that when other teams do it, we are gonna get slated in the media tomorrow for it so the last thing we need is our own sticking the boot in, we have been getting it left right and center off the papers/radio & no mark tv pundits for weeks now, we need to stick together..... Fuck them!!

Are you calling him a cunt for diving?

Seems harsh, but fair if Drogba and Ronaldo and are cunts for diving (which they are), and it was a more blatant dive than the one Eduardo got banned for (not that they upheld it). Don't worry though he is young, he'll learn. You don't hurdle the defender and throw yourself to the floor, you're supposed to leave your trailing leg behind to get clipped. If he had done that then there wouldn't be any of this debate. I'm sure someone will have a quiet word with him on the training ground and show him how the professionals do it.

When all is said and done cheating is cheating, some are just better at it than others.

I was looking for a clip of the dive, couldn't find one, so I headed over to Redcafe, and sure enough they'd got a couple of threads up already. Anyway, it's not as bad as its being made out to be, he has nailed the Gerrard impersonation though, right down to the slide at the end.

mb688m.gif

I dont see how thats not a pen. Carsley has slid in between Ngog and the ball. Ok he doesnt have to dive to avoid injury but Carsley gets nowhere near the ball and halts Ngogs run. You cant do that. Ngog was looking for it an went down but i dont think it was a harsh pen.

I find it very interesting that we all claim to hate Drogba so much for his diving and then we applaud N'Gog for practically the same thing.

Clearly N'Gog isn't in the same league as Drogba when it comes to diving but the premise is the same.

Next time we play Chelsea and any of the people who have condoned the dive in this thread tonight complain about Drogba, i'll be sure to issue a gentle reminder.

I'm not having that. Drogba is a 32-year-old experienced striker, who also happens to be one of the best in the world. He doesn't need to dive,he's so powerful that no defender in the world can deal with him, nor can he use the excuse of being a relative novice.There's absolutely no way you can compare the two.

I doubt you'd be saying the same of Gerrard.

Ngog should have twatted Carsley when he was acting the cunt and following him 'round the pitch. Bellend.

Edited by Kevin D

It wasn't a dive. He was avoiding getting his leg broken. If you dive in like that, block the players path and miss the ball by a mile then it's a peno.

This has to be one of the maddest posts i've ever read in my life.

We may as well outlaw tackling if this is the consenus. Somehow I can't see you having the same view if it happened the other way around.

I'd rather we lost than get a point the way we did.

mee too for years we've laughed ar Ronaldo and Drogba cunts for that exact same thing N'Gog did tonight claiming it was beneath our club to resort to such things yet i'm surprised at the number lauding N'gog's despicable dive yet another nail in Liverpool Football Club's coffin.

Spot on.

Agreed.

That is not the way Liverpool wins (or draws) football matches.

He can fuck off with that diving attitude.

No point in having a thread about Drogba and not condeming when one of our players does the same.

haven't read the whole thread but youze are talkin bollocks. you would rather we get beat than draw just because he dived? Gerrard dives. Torres dives. If it was Gerrard or Torres who won the pen that way, would you be whinging? no.

This has to be one of the maddest posts i've ever read in my life.

We may as well outlaw tackling if this is the consenus. Somehow I can't see you having the same view if it happened the other way around.

Tackling is fine if you get the ball. If you dont get the ball you cant complain. Ngog could have hurdled the challenge but why should he have to? Carsley sliding in affected his run and prevented him from passing the ball at that time if he wanted to. You cant do things like that. I know im biased but i have always said there doesnt have to be contact for a penalty. If you affect what the player is going to do and you dont get the ball it is a foul.

I agree that Gerrard and Torres go down very easily at times but that's totally different to what happened tonight, in my view.

I think a player has the right to earn a penalty when there's contact but if there's no contact at all and you jump onto the floor, it's cheating, simple as that.