You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It wasn't a dive. He was avoiding getting his leg broken. If you dive in like that, block the players path and miss the ball by a mile then it's a peno.

Gotta admit that if you watch that replay he slides in for the ball and N'gog gets that extra touch to take it away from him. He only just missed getting a touch on it.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Gerrard and Torres go down very easily at times but that's totally different to what happened tonight, in my view.

I think a player has the right to earn a penalty when there's contact but if there's no contact at all and you jump onto the floor, it's cheating, simple as that.

There doesnt have to be contact.

I really didn't like it one bit. Imagine if that dive won us the penalty that won us the CL final. We would never be able to live that down. The match was plainly not as important as that, but the principle is exactly the same.

Never mind winning it. Imagine we conceding a penalty like that in the final and end up losing it?

We will fume for years to come.

People are relieved that he got us a point today but it still doesn't make it right.

It wasn't a dive. He was avoiding getting his leg broken. If you dive in like that, block the players path and miss the ball by a mile then it's a peno.

Absolute utter tripe.

Fucking bunch of hypocrites. It was a fucking dive and was cheating, plain and simple. If you are ok with that then fine, I don't agree but you are entitled to your own opinion. I just hope people don't go moaning about players like Drogba when they do it in the future.

Tackling is fine if you get the ball. If you dont get the ball you cant complain. Ngog could have hurdled the challenge but why should he have to? Carsley sliding in affected his run and prevented him from passing the ball at that time if he wanted to. You cant do things like that. I know im biased but i have always said there doesnt have to be contact for a penalty. If you affect what the player is going to do and you dont get the ball it is a foul.

I'm sorry but this doesn't make sense! Watch the replay again; N'Gog was NOT impeded by the challenge at all!

If he'd carried on running he STILL wouldn't have been touched. I think it's a fair point to suggest that a mistimed tackle can impede your run and that at times players need to hurdle challenges etc. This isn't one of those times though.

Carsley was nowhere near touching him.

haven't read the whole thread but youze are talkin bollocks. you would rather we get beat than draw just because he dived? Gerrard dives. Torres dives. If it was Gerrard or Torres who won the pen that way, would you be whinging? no.

Cheap Rafa signing. He's shite. He's besmirched our name. Get rid of him. Boo hoo.

For those saying the Birmingham guy was 'blocking' aswell, just imagine that being Carra going all out for the ball and not giving a shit about who's in the way, and you might see it a bit more clearly. Either way it's gone now, just glad we got the draw because if not it'd be like hell right now. I'm definitely not complaining.

Absolute utter tripe.

Fucking bunch of hypocrites. It was a fucking dive and was cheating, plain and simple. If you are ok with that then fine, I don't agree but you are entitled to your own opinion. I just hope people don't go moaning about players like Drogba when they do it in the future.

It was a dive, yes, but it was no worse than what Gerrard has done in the past. Have a look on youtube - several of Gerrard's dives have been just as blatant.

I'm sorry but this doesn't make sense! Watch the replay again; N'Gog was NOT impeded by the challenge at all!

If he'd carried on running he STILL wouldn't have been touched. I think it's a fair point to suggest that a mistimed tackle can impede your run and that at times players need to hurdle challenges etc. This isn't one of those times though.

Carsley was nowhere near touching him.

I dont agree. He would have had to jump pver his legs, which he could easily have done, but i dont see why he should have to. Carsley got his tackle wrong.

intent, he never touched the ball.

He never touched the player either. He intended to win the ball but missed it. If he touched the player instead, then it's a foul/.

If he missed both, then it's play on and the player carries on. Unless he cheats and dives like tonight.

People need to take their rose-tinted specs off and have a bit of objectivity about it. It doesn't make you a bad person for seeing that it's cheating you know...

If you think Kenny, Rushie and all the others didn't go down when there was the potential for a penalty you're living in cloud cuckoo land. I watched them and saw them do it. We have referees to make a decision and they sometimes get it wrong. But I'm telling you know it's not just a modern thing.

It was a dive, yes, but it was no worse than what Gerrard has done in the past. Have a look on youtube - several of Gerrard's dives have been just as blatant.

and I have been critical of Gerrard too. Its the biggest shithouse tactic in football. I fucking despise it. Its cowardly and i'd like to think we could rise about it.

We're not like other football clubs, we're fucking Liverpool Football Club. Or at least we used to be. What next, not applauding opponent teams for playing us off the park.... with the cunts of owners in charge there are a few things/traditions that i'd like us to try & keep.

I dont agree. He would have had to jump pver his legs, which he could easily have done, but i dont see why he should have to. Carsley got his tackle wrong.

But he didn't do that, instead he took the other option of throwing himself to the floor.

I presume you had no complaints with Chelsea's penalty at Anfield in 2007?

He never touched the player either. He intended to win the ball but missed it. If he touched the player instead, then it's a foul/.

If he missed both, then it's play on and the player carries on. Unless he cheats and dives like tonight.

People need to take their rose-tinted specs off and have a bit of objectivity about it. It doesn't make you a bad person for seeing that it's cheating you know...

Ngog could of been jumping out of the way of the tackle?

But it makes some 'supporters' want Liverpool to get beat than draw just because a player went over easily?

But he didn't do that, instead he took the other option of throwing himself to the floor.

I presume you had no complaints with Chelsea's penalty at Anfield in 2007?

Are you seriously saying thats the same thing? Carsley dived in didnt get the ball. There wasnt even a challenge for the Chelsea penalty. Not even anyone attempting a challenge.

Yes he took the other option, but why should he have to jump pover carsleys legs. I dont see how Carsley can have any complaints, he got his tackle wrong in a dangerous area. You dont winthe ball chances are its going to be a pen.

Ngog could of been jumping out of the way of the tackle?

But it makes some 'supporters' want Liverpool to get beat than draw just because a player went over easily?

Not me, no. I wouldn't rather we lost but I was extremely embarrassed about it.

I'll leave this debate here because there is no way my view will alter on this subject; i've seen the replay several times and it's clear as day. Anyone who thinks it was a foul has a different idea of football to me and that's fine.