You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

They're all active people and had already said they were up for Ben Nevis.

What happened to get up and go?

It’s not just women. Where I am at the mo there is a staff member who thinks he is Bear Grylls. Talks like he is ex special forces. You need to get at it, guts determination and strong mental toughness. Wears combat trousers and Berghaus shoes.

A monthly activity outing is organised by him and is open for suggestions. I suggested a walk up one of the local mountains. A nearby Munro. He declined as ‘it is a bit cold.’

They are off to the city shopping. I’m not going.

Yeah my uni mates are trying to get together for a trip. "no more then 2 work days away" then whinge when flights are more expensive. Has to be a nearby airport, has to be somewhere sunny (I managed to find a reasonably cheap way of doing Oktoberfest). No hostels even though we'll be too bladdered to give a shit where we'll sleep.

Looks like either a package in Costa del Sol or a weekend somewhere like Blackpool (budget option) which on its own would be fine but Oktoberfest would be way better.

Supposed to be watching a film tonight but she's spent the last (checks watch) 3 hours slagging off our brother in law with her sister as they're splitting up. Can't wait for them to patch things up and watch my missus squirm when she has to be nice to him despite her sister knowing my missus has called him "a fat lazy cunt with not a care in the world for his own kids."

Some from my boss today:-

Bloke on the other end of the phone makes a salient point, "You've knocked it on the head there." (she meant 'You've hit the nail on the head')

Our biggest client on the phone, "That's the crutch of the matter.", she's said this about three times now, she means 'crux'

Passes a load of work on to someone else, "They can eat their heart out." (she means they can 'fill their boots')

She's not stopped talking all day so I've probably missed a good few although she was talking about an abortion her mother in law had this morning, 'not sure how happy I would be if one of my relatives was sharing private information like that about me at their work but there you go.

It's called a malaphor when people get two sayings mixed up into one.

Or a malapropism when somebody uses the wrong but similar sounding word in a sentence (crutch of the matter)

Might be worth remembering for the future if you want to look like a smart arse.

• Upvote 1

Plans for the afternoon are to visit an open house across town and drop my daughter off in another part of town even farther away. Daughter needs to be there by 2:30 open house ends at 4, The wife and daughter argue back and forth for a bit about when to leave with my wife making constant changes of her mind. it's 1:10 when I say we'll take to her friends first and see the house on the way home. All agree. I tell my wife we'll have to leave by 2:10 she agrees. 1:25 she looks at me will I have time to wash my hair? I reply that I have no idea how long she needs to wash her hair, all I know is we have to leave at 2:10.

Of course that prompted the death stare on her way out the room to the shower.