You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa should resign

JMARKH

If we don't get the money that should be there for transfers he should resign, at the end of the day the owners should show some ambition now, we are in a great position to kick on and have the best squad in the premiership, one that if this summer went right would only need a slight tweaking in future summers.

We have improved the right back position, I am happy about that but lost a great part of the spine and replaced him with a player who won't be match fit for a while yet so will be starting the season slightly weaker than we finished it in my opinion.

If we signed say silva and Tuncay at the cost of around 35 - 40 million just think how much stronger our squad would be, it would be great to be able to rely on Tuncay and Riera as back up rather than El Zahir and Ngog.

With all the money that Rafa has generated through the Champions League, players sales plus what we should get minimum 20 million budget we should have a fair bit of wedge to spend but no doubt the twats will hold us back and you can see now where all the money we make is going, fuckin interest.

I think Rafa should resign soon as he will have to sell to buy every transfer window meaning his ambition and talent as a coch cannot be matched. It is one step forward two steps back.

The Alonso/Barry situatrion wouldn't have reared its ugly head if it wasn't for him having to sell to buy.

I hope when Rafa signed his new deal he had a clause inserted into the contract where he said I want all player sales generated to go straight back into the first team or I'll quit with a pay off, because at the end of the day it is the least we should expect, he shouldn't have signed a new deal if it comprimises his talent and ambition.

Basically, Rafa likes to play FM on Hardest.

Priceless.

Rafa to resign because WE cant match HIS ambition?

Its the other way round, the only hindering Rafa is not the club but the two American twat owners who view us as a tool to world domination. Selling their other prime assets means that they are here for the long run.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Define "skint". Not as much money as Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man City. Apart from them nobody is outspending us.

Many teams have had different starting positions, though. They've been able to spend their money on one or two players whilst we've been overhauling the squad. We've finally got to the stage where we can spend our money in just one or two areas.

Barca splashed out on Ibrahimobitch, too.

Many teams have had different starting positions, though. They've been able to spend their money on one or two players whilst we've been overhauling the squad. We've finally got to the stage where we can spend our money in just one or two areas.

Barca splashed out on Ibrahimobitch, too.

It doesn't take 52 signings to overhaul the squad.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It doesn't take 52 signings to overhaul the squad.

Yeah, it does. He has built his way up through a number of signings. If he could have spent 250m in one summer on 15 new top class players, I'm sure he would have done that, but he hasn't. He's had just over 80m over 5 years. He's had to build and spread the money across a number of signings to get where we are today.