You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All new transfer speculation 09

Megadrive Man

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive dose of the emporer's new clothes with Kranjcar for me. I've never seen him stand out in his average team.

Yeah same here, all I've ever noticed him for is the odd spectacular goal. But I've never paid much attention to Portsmouth bar MOTD.

i still don't understand why rafa hasn't talked pelligrino out of retirement. surely he can be our 4th choice centre half?

we honestly don't need someone like turner right now. i realize rafa is thinking long term with every signing and that this lad would eventually be carra's replacement, but in the current circumstances we should be looking at a stop gap type of deal. there are a shit load of players we could take on loan to fill this gap.

this smells of the club policy of not buying players over a certain age because of sell on etc. at some point the sporting aspect has to outweigh the financial aspect especially one that wouldn't cost very much overall

i still don't understand why rafa hasn't talked pelligrino out of retirement. surely he can be our 4th choice centre half?

we honestly don't need someone like turner right now. i realize rafa is thinking long term with every signing and that this lad would eventually be carra's replacement, but in the current circumstances we should be looking at a stop gap type of deal. there are a shit load of players we could take on loan to fill this gap.

this smells of the club policy of not buying players over a certain age because of sell on etc. at some point the sporting aspect has to outweigh the financial aspect especially one that wouldn't cost very much overall

I believe Rafa see's Turner as a short term target, someone he can move on in a year or so and make a decent profit in the mean time.

At least the debt will be lower, always look on the bright side eh.

Thats the truth of it

Obviously it would have been better if Rafa had known about this when it became clear to the owners that this was there line of approach to raise the money to give to RBS

But yes hopefully it will make finding a buyer at a price they want 60m easier.

Missed this at the time. I though tribal football was bad, but footballrumours.com is in a different league.

A relative of Kuyt's stylist has also been speculating on the imminent arrival of Huntelaar. The two are apparently close and Kuyt has endorsed him to Benitez.

tink it could be just johnson,aqualani and turner...but luks like lucas has got better,been our best player pre-season..and ngog luks like a gud prospect..tink we defo need a new striker,voronin is terrible!! bring on 09/10

Anyone care to start on this?

Anyone care to start on this?

He thinks that it is probable that we will only sign Glen Johnson, Alberto Aquilana and Tina Turner. He is impressed with the apparent improvement of Lucas, who he rates as our best player this preseason. He also thinks that David Ngog has shown some signs of promise. Ideally, he would like to see us recruit a new striker, because he is not convinced that Voronin is good enough.

He is very much looking forward to the season starting.

He thinks that it is probable that we will only sign Glen Johnson, Alberto Aquilana and Tina Turner. He is impressed with the apparent improvement of Lucas, who he rates as our best player this preseason. He also thinks that David Ngog has shown some signs of promise. Ideally, he would like to see us recruit a new striker, because he is not convinced that Voronin is good enough.

Class :D

wot e sed m8e, lolz!!

True, so why do people keep picking pathetic little fights against the manager, when they should be focussed on the owners ?

Maybe had Parry and Bascombe not been feeding you lines Al, bout Rafa and you WUMing away, maybe the focus of the fans ire would have been on the owners all along.

Indeed, Parry has played you and Bascombe like a kipper, get a 'good red' to fight his battles for him, about transfers (Rafa said we'd get 100m for Xabi and Barry would cost £3.50) or the Academy (My lad works there, of course its in good hands) whilst at the same time diverting fans attention away from the real issue, that being the owners. Indeed, if Rick was such a red why wasnt he trying to out the owners, instead of using you and others to spin in order for him to save his job. Nice one Rick, yet again your sense of priorities are about number one and you say you dont play the numbers game !

Ive said it several times lately, but it really has been/is like the life of brian on here. Infighting and bitching amongst the fans, stupid, pathetic little arguments over anything and everything except the real issues at the heart of the problems at the heart of the club. In our best season for 20 years, instead of uniting against he common enemy, we squabble while all along while the owners do F all, but bleed us dry.

In fact, if the owners were Man Ham fans and wanted to do their best to undermine us then they couldnt have done it any better.

Post of the century.

RRT

Great post but I think its fair to prioritise the various debates

1 Fuck the owners off now

2 Be objecive about Rafa the manager because he is going to be the manager for a long time

For me its pretty simple, the transfer debacle shows where we should be venting our anger

As for Rafa I think he has had an excellent summer and made on very bad mistake but also made lots of great decisions and proved me wrong to boot.

Everyone knows my concerns and come the end of the season whatever th owner position he should still be accountable for his actions as a whole.

My view is that unless its as totally glaring as last season then he will get a stay of execution until the owners leave.

The problem for most Rafaites is I dont see how you can get behind the team and want the American out, the only way they will be forced to go is by playing to empty stadiums and that is the truth of it and there is more chance of me scoring with 3 jewish girls in Andalucia tonight than that ever happening