You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All new transfer speculation 09

Megadrive Man

RRT

Great post but I think its fair to prioritise the various debates

1 Fuck the owners off now

2 Be objecive about Rafa the manager because he is going to be the manager for a long time

For me its pretty simple, the transfer debacle shows where we should be venting our anger

As for Rafa I think he has had an excellent summer and made on very bad mistake but also made lots of great decisions and proved me wrong to boot.

Everyone knows my concerns and come the end of the season whatever th owner position he should still be accountable for his actions as a whole.

My view is that unless its as totally glaring as last season then he will get a stay of execution until the owners leave.

The problem for most Rafaites is I dont see how you can get behind the team and want the American out, the only way they will be forced to go is by playing to empty stadiums and that is the truth of it and there is more chance of me scoring with 3 jewish girls in Andalucia tonight than that ever happening

Jewish FriendFinder - Trusted Online Personals for people of the Jewish Faith. Find Single Jewish Men and Women for Friendship, Love and Marriage

try this

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chip Chop

Rafa has fought for control over the transfers and the academy and he has that, maybe that was the most important thing for him? There doesn't have to be an ulterior motive.

I think that is it. We heard alot about Rafa wanting 'control' of transfer in the contract talks but Hicks clearly stated that control only went as far as spending within a predefined budget. For me thats how it should be, Rafa given a set amount and told to do with it as he sees fit. Its not about having more money to spend, though Im sure Rafa would like that, but the principal of being able to spend what money we have as he wants to.

Sol Campbell?

We may as well get an Easter Island statue, paint it black, and plant it on the edge of our penalty area, as sign that fucker.

What would you do then Lining old buddy ?

Would you play the kids, San Jose or Ayala ? Would you spend 10m on Turner of Hull ? Would you spend 20m on Haagland of Fulham ? Have we got 20m to spend or even 10m to spend ?

Could it be that while it may not be ideal, having Campbell, Lugano or even Distin at Cb on Sunday may be the better option ?

I think that is it. We heard alot about Rafa

Would you play the kids, San Jose or Ayala ? Would you spend 10m on Turner of Hull ? Would you spend 20m on Haagland of Fulham ? Have we got 20m to spend or even 10m to spend ?

Could it be that while it may not be ideal, having Campbell, Lugano or even Distin at Cb on Sunday may be the better option ?

Distin maybe. Campbell? Nooooo.

Distin maybe. Campbell? Nooooo.

Portsmouth conceded 57 goals in the league last season, without James it would probably have been around 70 at best.

We have already brought in G.Johnson from from that bunch and now someone wants to add Distin or Campbell?

Beyond the pale.

Portsmouth conceded 57 goals in the league last season, without James it would probably have been around 70 at best.

We have already brought in G.Johnson from from that bunch and now someone wants to add Distin or Campbell?

Beyond the pale.

I dont know for sure but is it possible to buy a player from a lesser team and make them a star? Has it ever been done, have we ever done it, we certainly have never bought anyone from lower leagues in the past, or have we?

Beyond the pale.

A sophisticated football mind like yours will surely be aware that both defending and attacking depends on the team as a whole.

Therefore you can't automatically deduct that every player, who plays in defense for a team that lets a lot of goals in, is bad at defending.

A brighter shade of pale, I guess.