You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All new transfer speculation 09

Megadrive Man

He's not really criticising Babel and Lucas that much.

More the rest who didn't cost that much.

I wish Voronin could play like he did against Besiktas every game.

Voronin can kiss my rusty Sheriffs badge after his 'comments' last season.

The long haired Chav wanker.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but who bought Lucas,Voronin,El Zhar,Babel,Ngog,Degan,Dosenna?

Thats 27m right there,and how much were the utd players?

And we could have had owen.

Strange article that Rafa has asked him write.

Voro cost a big nothing. So did Degen. N'gog i cant remember if he was free or we payed a mill for him but he is worth more now. Im sure El Zhar was free too. And that money would go far now Lucas is now a first team player as well. I'm sure Babel will be used more this season and prove his worth.

Degan 2m signing on fee and on 38k per week. Aurellio was 2m,were people think he was a free.

I don't believe we could be that daft with his injury record. Surely the yanks would of said something about that.

Some of us believe that we were one signing away from being champions this year but that player had to be a quality addition to the front players that could unlock a tight defence but the manager obviously doesnt believe that is the number one priority or he would have done something about it.

The second issue is that he was planning to do things and has had the rug drawn from underneath him yet again.

Maybe the fix to unlocking defences is not as obvious as simply buying another striker/tricky winger. A change of tempo and impetus should render the park the bus problem problem obsolete. Also a more atacking role next to masch along with insua and johnson overlapping with a fit gerrard and torres could solve all of our problems.

We dont know whether the problem has or hasnt been fixed yet. I would love some wide players but if we are buying injured players to save money and having to deal with clubs who owe us money i dont see what top player we can get with our budget, in this market.

I don't believe we could be that daft with his injury record. Surely the yanks would of said something about that.

They know fuck all about Football do the yanks, so why would they question signing a player for free.

Degan 2m signing on fee and on 38k per week. Aurellio was 2m,were people think he was a free.

Couldn't possibly defend Degen, whatever the terms. But Aurelio was a good investment at that price, notwithstanding his injuries.

And much as I like to disagree with ATK, Babel and Lucas were bad signings...

Every manager has made mistakes.

Pointing out a few players that haven't made the grade is pointless.

The same could be done with any of the top 4 managers.

Bollocks lad we all know only Rafa makes mistakes in the transfer market.

Come on get with the program.

reina, cavalieri, insua, dossenna, aurelio, carra, kelly, skrtel, agger, johnson, degen, darby, riera, babel, lucas, masch, aquilani, spearing, plessis, yossi, kuyt, el zhar, pacheco, nemeth,gerrard, torres, voronin,ngog - not a bad 28 man squad, would like to add to it but for 150 mil it's not bad considering what he took over and the fact it is worth far more than 150 mil.

you could get 7 united and 7 chelsea players for about 150 mil.

Some of our squad is not ideal but squad players need longer to learn their roles, changing them every year doesnt get you anywhere - fletcher, park, o'shea and brown are perfect examples.

My take on this is

If Rafa had been given £30m to spend plus sales as we were led to believe the majority of these posts would be irrelevant

Rafa would have had the players he needs in both attack and defense instead of having to bring players back into the squad who we know are not up to the job Vorrinin springs to mind I would rather Rafa brought in a cheep CB from Europe than maybe a free than spend on Taylor Shawcross Campbell Distan as at CB we have what is needed IMHO but if Torres gets injured its season over for us

I'm of the opinion that it is gamesmanship on the part of the club. If teams think we have a 30m+ " warchest"( and I apologise for using that term) to spend then we run the risk of paying over the odds in an already skewed market. From our perspective it makes sense to pretend we have little money.

Hull are asking for 10m for some CB that I've never heard of, perhaps this strengthens our bargaining positioning.

I agree with Kevin D.

Firstly, Why not bite the bullet and let San Jose or Ayala or both play on Sunday, given that money is tight, Id rather we were prudent and kept the money safe, even if that means less debt, the club is bigger than one season.

Second, the sort of CB rafa has been after was as a 4th choice, again, with money tight, is 10m worth spending on that sort of player ? An 18yr old with bags of potential maybe, a 25 yr old ? Not for me. If we signed Turner or another CB for that much, we'd be spending 10m on one game of PL footie (depending on how the injuries heal) not ideal for me.

Third, as we all want whats best for the club, maybe, in this case, we'd be better to let the 10m sit in the account, either reducing our debt or waiting to be spent on someone else, in January or next summer. 10m down the back of te sofa might come in handy for an Aguero (or a Simao or Rodreiguez) or someone like that.

What "little money"? His net spend has been negative.

He has still spend 35m or so and so he chose which players to buy he could have got Poulson on loan and spent the money on Silva or Robben.

Last season he could have bought a Silva type of player instead of Keane and Reira, the facts are all there for everyone to see.

He has still spend 35m or so and so he chose which players to buy he could have got Poulson on loan and spent the money on Silva or Robben.

Last season he could have bought a Silva type of player instead of Keane and Reira, the facts are all there for everyone to see.

Hindsight is great isn't it Nick.