You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If you had to give one up...

Faustus

If you had to give one up, which would it be?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to give one up, which would it be?

• Meat
    • Booze

... which would it be? Meat or alcohol?

I was talking about this with a mate down the pub the other week and I went for meat and he went for booze.

N.B- I know there's a couple teetollars and veggies on these boards so obviously there's no need for you to vote.

Class thread.

Alcohol for me, I enjoy beer and spirits but mostly only as a social thing, although I do love a cold beer after work or in the back yard during the summer. But, I literally couldn't live without meat because most veg bores the tits off me. In fact I'd probably top myself.

Guest ShoePiss

Often go a week or two without any booze, can't say the same about meat. If I had to give up meat I'd just read 'fast food nation' again, it really makes you question eating meat products.

I don't eat that much meat. I like a lot of Thai veg dishes and stir fries so I could live without it.

A lot of meat just tastes bland on it's own anyway. I've gone weeks without eating any meat before and not missed it so it's not a tough decision for me. I almost fit into the veggie camp actually so my vote might not be totally fair, but I had a bacon sandwich for lunch so that's ok.

Guest Dog Chaser

WikiAnswers - Is seafood meat

''Yes! Seafood is meat. Fish, scallops, oysters, clams, lobster, and crabs etc. All come from the ocean marine life. Seafood is also an important part of protein in many diets. Seafood is also very common near coastal areas and peninsulas. However in certain types of fish (Such as Tuna) it contains high levels of mercury that can damage a persons health by affecting their brain''.

Guest Dog Chaser

There's plenty of supplements that can give you the nutritional benefits of meat but replacing beer, don't be silly. You don't get off your face on a leg of pork or a lamb chop then misbehave to embaressing lengths.