You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what a washed-up Torres would say if Real Madrid came running? I hope he'd tell them to stick it, but let's see what happens in 10 years time.

Show some fucking respect, asshole. Torres actually has a brain and has stated categorically that he would never join Real.

Hmm. while my anger subsides, a slight tinge of fear is beginning to set in. What if ManUre get him fit and back to his best? Even without the blistering pace he once had, he can still score goals. He's a great finisher when on form, and with the players they’ve got, he can conceivably score 25+ goals for them next season.

This really could be a canny bit of business by the drunken scot.

Here's hoping Owen gets a serious injury in pre-season...

Seeing Torres and Owen on the same pitch will be like when the T-1000 first appears, he'll be over Owen's Arnie-esque slow lumbering shit, then he'll fuck Owen's shit up and run him through with an iron bar - possibly - but one thing's a fact, Owen won't have a grenade launcher.

Hmm. while my anger subsides, a slight tinge of fear is beginning to set in. What if ManUre get him fit and back to his best? Even without the blistering pace he once had, he can still score goals. He's a great finisher when on form, and with the players they’ve got, he can conceivably score 25+ goals for them next season.

This really could be a canny bit of business by the drunken scot.

Here's hoping Owen gets a serious injury in pre-season...

Haha its the fear again, he's lost that extra edge and the game has come on a hell of alot in England, the only thing he still has left is his ability to find space in the box, if he finds the form to finish again then he'll score about 9 league goals.

Because of 2001. Have you forgotten?

scoring goals for whatever team he was in isn't a form of committment. he's scored goals wherever he went, and he's been a few places now eh?

and i'll never forget 2001. or 2005 for that matter. i still hold igor biscan in high esteem!

Now, imagine in your minds eye...

Anfield, balmy night, 0-0, United and Liverpool at loggerheads. Ferguson looks at Owen and nods. He gets stripped and comes on to massive boos. Then a scramble in the box, did it come off Michael's shin? Wait, there he is wheeling away, Reina aghast on the floor, ball dribbling into net. Owen runs past the Liverpool fans to celebrate with his own. As he stands there, one arm aloft, he reaches down and pulls the crest to his lips. As he lovingly plants a kiss on his new paymasters emblem, Gary Neville runs over to congratulate Owen and goad the Kop... anyone still feel indifferent about Mr Owen signing for the enemy?

What Owen did today extinguishes everything he did for Liverpool FC, from 3RD JULY 2009 he no longer is a LFC legend. Total disgrace.

Could you imagine ex-Liverpool FC legend Robbie Fowler signing for Man Utd?? - Of course not.

Liverpool FC esteemed captain Stevie G?? - No chance.

Jamie Carragher?? He would have laughed in Ferguson's face.

An utter abomination.

Now, imagine in your minds eye...

Anfield, balmy night, 0-0, United and Liverpool at loggerheads. Ferguson looks at Owen and nods. He gets stripped and comes on to massive boos. Then a scramble in the box, did it come off Michael's shin? Wait, there he is wheeling away, Reina aghast on the floor, ball dribbling into net. Owen runs past the Liverpool fans to celebrate with his own. As he stands there, one arm aloft, he reaches down and pulls the crest to his lips. As he lovingly plants a kiss on his new paymasters emblem, Gary Neville runs over to congratulate Owen and goad the Kop... anyone still feel indifferent about Mr Owen signing for the enemy?

What Owen did today extinguishes everything he did for Liverpool FC, from 3RD JULY 2009 he no longer is a LFC legend. Total disgrace.

Could you imagine ex-Liverpool FC legend Robbie Fowler signing for Man Utd?? - Of course not.

Liverpool FC esteemed captain Stevie G?? - No chance.

Jamie Carragher?? He would have laughed in Ferguson's face.

An utter abomination.

To be fair, I don't think Owen is clinical enough a finisher for that sort of scenario to occur. I can't be the only one who recalls him wasting opportunities like Andy Cole on speed, only to still score a lot because of his pace. Even Newcastle fans are jeering his distinctly non-lethal escapades in front of goal.

I've lost count of the amount of times that Owen would be through on goal only to send the ball squirming towards the keeper in slow motion. Same goes for his "penalties", of which he appeared to believe the object of taking involved sending the an inch to the side of the goalkeeper at around three miles per hour.

By the numbers, yeah, he's a good goalscorer. In terms of the amount of opportunities presented to him - in a team built around him, as it was under Houllier - he should have been scoring more goals than Van Nistlerooy. He should have been a 40+ per season man, and would have been if he could finish like Torres, let alone Fowler. Sure, he could be on fire for three or four games at a time, but you'd have a period inbetween of nine or ten in which he did exactly what I just said more often than not. Now the pace which enabled his 19 per season is gone forever, and for Utd to indulge a crude goal hanger like Owen circa 2009 would mean a distinct alteration to the fundemental style of their game. I can't see it working out.

I remember at my high school the PE department had this bag of old shirts and shorts. If you forgot your kit they'd give you something out the bag. One of the shirts was an 80s United kit. One day i forgot my kit. All morning I dreaded the united kit being pulled out. I couldn't have worn it no way I'd have accepted lines or whatever instead. Thing is im an OOT so noone round my way would've cared or commented but for my own mental well-being or sense of self-respect or whatever i could never put it on. Now how the fuck can he not only do that but be prepared to run out infront of their fans, celebrate in front of K stand. He doesn't even look remotely torn about it. He is a fucking snake.

Its sad just how far from the classy heights we were at that Liverpool fans have fallen....and yet, still H*sk*y gets applauded from the Kop

One Nil down

Two One Up

Michael Owen won the cup

When a top class paddy pass gave the lad the ball

Poor old Arsene won Fuck all

How do you feel now

I have too many fond memories of Michael to turn round and say I hate him for this. He was never appreciated here so why should he give a fuck now what we think and after the first return with Newcastle then he owes us jack shit really? I think Owen loves the club but not in the way Carra and Stevie love the club. Michael is a professional in every sense of the word and very single minded. I don't and will probably never have any beef with him although I dread the day he first celebrates in front of the Stretty. My resolve may really be tested then somewhat.

I can't exactly wish him luck as that will mean he will be scoring goals regularly which will make things harder for us but I don't wish any ill on him there either.

I am disappointed we didn't go in for him as give me him on the bench over the Pony tail and N'Gog any day of the week.

I cant believe I am reading that from a Liverpool fan and especially you, but everyone to their own and if your ok with Owen- Fergie love in thats you choice.

I'd accepted he was going to that stinking hole, had a small moan about it and moved on. Then I saw the pic of him in the shirt proudly holding the scarf above his head. It makes me feel sick. I hope he does his fucking cruciate on his first day with them, the filthy little shit.

Like many on here I couldn't give two fucks for the ingurland team but I hope that prick never plays for them again.That is what motivates him and he's prepared to stoop to these levels to achieve it. Fuck him, fuck his "legend" status with us and and fuck his career.

I'd accepted he was going to that stinking hole, had a small moan about it and moved on. Then I saw the pic of him in the shirt proudly holding the scarf above his head. It makes me feel sick. I hope he does his fucking cruciate on his first day with them, the filthy little shit.

Like many on here I couldn't give two fucks for the ingurland team but I hope that prick never plays for them again.That is what motivates him and he's prepared to stoop to these levels to achieve it. Fuck him, fuck his "legend" status with us and and fuck his career.

Didnt even mind the picture of him in the shirt and Scarf its the fucking interview and Fergie love in thats done it for me

Didnt even mind the picture of him in the shirt and Scarf its the fucking interview and Fergie love in thats done it for me

I've not seen the interview and won't be going out of my way to watch it. The whole affair makes me want to spew.

I've read comments from Rushie where he said he would have seriously considered the move. Gobsmacked I was, but no wonder he's been defending that other little cunt in the media over the last 2 days.

fuckin hell Rush did really say that :eek: