You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we could get a good striker for £13M who would be good enough to do a job when Torres is unavailable.

Could probably get Artem Milevskiy from Dinamo Kiev for less than £13m... he was surprisingly good this season in the UEFA Cup. He used to be one of those 'potential' guys and pretty hit or miss but he's really turned into a very powerful, and skillful target man.

Could probably get Artem Milevskiy from Dinamo Kiev for less than £13m... he was surprisingly good this season in the UEFA Cup. He used to be one of those 'potential' guys and pretty hit or miss but he's really turned into a very powerful, and skillful target man.

Lance in Eastern European player shocker!

fuck, not ideal. Presume we are getting 9 for babel and about 18 for xabi?

Maybe going a bit more gung ho next year as opposed to controlling games.

I think it could harm our cl chances though

i hope we get everything tied up really quickly so we can duck out of all the speculation over the summer

Edited by INTORRESTING

Anything over 18m gets Xabi, I believe thats Rafa's value. Xabi's prefered choice is madrid, he wont go to City.

This dependant on the purchase of Tevez going through.

I think anything over 5m is going to be accepted for Babel, he is out.

As I have already posted Barry is done.

The rest is guess work.

£18m for Xabi is shocking. That's what Barry was valued at last summer and lassana diarra was sold for £19m so we should hold out for at least £20-22m if not more.

If Xabi is going to Real it better be a big fee considering what they spend on transfers with other clubs.

the Mail says we're leading the race to sign Downing:

-

Liverpool lead the race for Downing as Boro fire sale looms

Stewart Downing, Tuncay, Afonso Alves and Robert Huth will lead the exodus from Middlesbrough if the club are relegated at West Ham on Sunday.

Liverpool are favourites to sign Downing, valued at around £10million, although Tottenham and Aston Villa will also join the fight.

Turkey captain Tuncay has attracted interest from Chelsea but former club Fenerbahce want him, too.

Brazil striker Alves will spend the summer recovering from a broken metatarsal but that is unlikely to put off Benfica, while Stoke are keen on Huth and had a £5m offer for the defender rejected in January.

Liverpool lead the race for Downing as Boro fire sale looms | Mail Online

Why won't the Downing rumours ever go away??!!! Atk mentioned something a few weeks ago. Any more news on Downing atk? I'd prefer Adam Johnson myself. He'd be cheaper and within a year or two he'd be much better than Downing could ever be.

I think we need to look at this another way. What will happen to the numbers on TLW?

I mean let's face it we all get a semi on when we load this page up and see Alonso sporting his grizzly beard, how he has been able to front "New Amsterdam" and play as he has this season has been exceptional.

Are we really supposed to believe there won't be a drop in interest and traffic if we replace that fine specimine with Peter Sutcliffe JR? I'm just not so sure!

Do the right thing Rafa, for The Liverpool Way!