You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

I think we need to look at this another way. What will happen to the numbers on TLW?

I mean let's face it we all get a semi on when we load this page up and see Alonso sporting his grizzly beard, how he has been able to front "New Amsterdam" and play as he has this season has been exceptional.

Are we really supposed to believe there won't be a drop in interest and traffic if we replace that fine specimine with Peter Sutcliffe JR? I'm just not so sure!

Do the right thing Rafa, for The Liverpool Way!

I'm sure the site'll manage, it did fine with Skrtel's ugly mug there didn't it?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to BBC online rumour mill, Stephen Ireland is about to walk out on City because of contract issues. Pretty sure that's bollocks, as I can't imagine they wouldn't find the cash to keep him. However if he was available I would bring him in ahead of pretty much any other wide player that we have been linked with.

According to BBC online rumour mill, Stephen Ireland is about to walk out on City because of contract issues. Pretty sure that's bollocks, as I can't imagine they wouldn't find the cash to keep him. However if he was available I would bring him in ahead of pretty much any other wide player that we have been linked with.

Even though he's not a wide player?

"Silva would choose Liverpool over Juventus acc GB 18/05-09

I have to say that very little has changed since we last dealt with it here. Since then, the market has been moving very slowly in terms of actual offers being made for the player. However, Silva`s representatives are expecting any interested clubs to make their move at the end of the summer.

Valencia are willing – they have to – sell the player and will want things sorted quickly, so they will probably be happy to do business with the first club to put an acceptable offer on the table. At this moment in time, neither Barcelona nor Real Madrid have made a move for Silva – and if it ends up as a straight fight between Juventus or Liverpool, the player would prefer a move to Anfield.

That does not mean David Silva is definitely on his way to Liverpool, but it does mean that there has perhaps never been a better time to try and secure the services of one of the most talented attacking midfielders in Europe. However, Rafa Benitez is going to have to play his cards cleverly as, following the initial contact, Valencia have been told that before Liverpool make a second approach, Benitez will have to offload a couple of players first. "

Can any Tevez fans please explain to me why they would like to see him at Liverpool?

It's Keane MKII for me. £20m for a player who will only serve to break up the Gerrard/Torres axis, doesn't really have the ability to play wide and doesn't score all that many goals. May as well buy Keane again and the complete the farce.

Can any Tevez fans please explain to me why they would like to see him at Liverpool?

It's Keane MKII for me. £20m for a player who will only serve to break up the Gerrard/Torres axis, doesn't really have the ability to play wide and doesn't score all that many goals. May as well buy Keane again and the complete the farce.

No break up of Gerrand & Torres. Tevez will be our left hand side of Kuyt.

______Torres

Tevez Gerrard Kuyt

Tevez's role is just like Rooney in Scum.

He is used by United as cover, that is all he is and that is why shitty arse won't pay the fee, he doesn't mind paying for him on loan but he can't justify spending 25 mill on cover.

He is just an edge of your seat signing, the funny thing is most people who distrust Rafa do so because of his emphasis on hard working players, and his habit of playing players out of position.

so they want us to buy a player who works hard and then play him on the right!!

ludicrous.

No break up of Gerrand & Torres. Tevez will be our left hand side of Kuyt.

______Torres

Tevez Gerrard Kuyt

Tevez's role is just like Rooney in Scum.

Except Rooney has the ability to make that position work. Tevez clearly doesn't on the evidence at Utd.

Tevez on one wing and Kuyt on the other would probably make me weep.

Real tears.

Tevez apparently plays that position (left of a 3) for Argentina.

I can see both sides of the argument on Tevez. Had we had someone of his calibre to bring in when Torres/Gerrard were injured this season, we might be celebrating a title win.

Kuyt - - - - Gerrard - - - - Tevez

------------Torres--------------

Our opposition would shit bricks. They'd hoof it all game for fear of being caught in possession.

That formation doesn't inspire me that we'll turn draws into wins. For me Silva is a much more important signing than Tevez. Silva is the icing on the cake whereas Tevez is the optional cherry on the top.

Kuyt - - - - Gerrard - - - - Tevez

------------Torres--------------

Our opposition would shit bricks. They'd hoof it all game for fear of being caught in possession.

Would you really be happy with a Kuyt clone on the left?

Do you not feel there is a case for genuine width, pace and creativity on at least one of the flanks?

It's just an option. Have you noticed Rafa likes to rotate? Yes we need a Kuyt clone on the left, yes we need a wizard who can play both flanks. Possibilities. As much as Rafa depends on Kuyt on the right, I'm sure he'd like the right back to experience the suffocation sometimes.

It's just an option. Have you noticed Rafa likes to rotate? Yes we need a Kuyt clone on the left, yes we need a wizard who can play both flanks. Possibilities. As much as Rafa depends on Kuyt on the right, I'm sure he'd like the right back to experience the suffocation sometimes.

I am not sure of your point here, Thants.

For mine, the money we would end up forking out of Tevez, I would rather pay for someone who in comfortable on the flanks and offers something we don't have already.

I am not sure of your point here, Thants.

For mine, the money we would end up forking out of Tevez, I would rather pay for someone who in comfortable on the flanks and offers something we don't have already.

and the search begins again

it's like looking for the Yeti every summer