You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

Johnson will be ridiculously over priced after his good start to this season, which then turned pretty mediocre. We definately need someone to compete with Bob though.

I've a feeling there's a release cause in his contract. Seemed odd for him to sign when he did, with us sniffing around, but just not having the cash at the time. Just a hunch.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've a feeling there's a release cause in his contract. Seemed odd for him to sign when he did, with us sniffing around, but just not having the cash at the time. Just a hunch.

or we weren't sniffing around but his agent thought if he throws our name in he'll get johnson the new deal he's after off pompey?

This is where i am at too. 20 million from owners but i can only find 30 million of squad to sell so hopefully pennants and sami's wages being saved will fund the difference?

Would be amazing if we signed those lot and sneaked in a back up for torres. I would even use some of next seasons budget to secure the above 4 and a back up to torres

I forgot Davies.

I said this last season and Torres has nudged him out of the top 5 scorers this year.

Have you watched Bolton this year? He's the focal point and he's the reason they've had a good season. Scored one less than Torres. He'd be great for us as an option. There's no room for snobbery.

He wouldn't at all so stop talking shite. Torres has also been injured for large parts of the season. He's the focal point of Bolton's attack? Yeah let's go long ball shall we? You're a mong.

Maybe Rafa’s learned his lesson. Last year Fergie moved heaven and earth to prevent us from signing Heinze. If he thinks we’re after Tevez he’ll probably do all in his power to stop it. In desperation he might even spend a lot more of his transfer budget than he likes, just to keep him at Old T., or rather away from us. So signalling we’re after Tevez might be a better idea if we’re actually not interested. Tantalizing Fergie comes as an extra bonus.

Roomers, roomers, take it easy. Tomorrow we’ll be linked with someone else.

Rafa has Xabi's wife and kid locked up in a cellar and is trying to force him to sign for Tranmere. Xabi is almost close to having had just about enough and is going to kill his wife, his kid and Rafa; oh and Montse and their Caravan in Talacre. Xabi isn't happy about this at all.

We need to SELL before we can BUY. So w can;t move in on Tevez, Silva, etc, until we have some cash in the bank. And in that regard, we're relying on other teams coming in for our players. Don't expect much business until late August.

If thats the case,twit and twat need to be told on Sunday were we stand on there Custodianship.Because this summer with good investment in the transfer window could set us up for years.

Rafa has Xabi's wife and kid locked up in a cellar and is trying to force him to sign for Tranmere. Xabi is almost close to having had just about enough and is going to kill his wife, his kid and Rafa; oh and Montse and their Caravan in Talacre. Xabi isn't happy about this at all.

point taken, haha

I'm gonna go all Footy Manager (lots of guesses with the prices!). I'm going to assume that we have £10M left over from the Keane debacle and £20M plus sales:

OUT

Babel - £5M

Dossena - £5M

Lucas - £5M

Riera - £5M

Voronin - £3M

Pennant - £1M

Degen - £1M

Anderson - £1M

TOTAL - £26M

IN

Wide attacking player - £25M (not sure who yet, maybe Silva?)

Barry - £9M

Johnson - £9M

Striker - £13M

TOTAL - £56M

The squad would be a bit lighter in terms of numbers, but the quality would improve and we would have several options. The wide player would be for the left side but he could play either side. Him, Kuyt and Benayoun would be enough to cover the two positions, with Barry as an option on the left in an emergency.

I think we could get a good striker for £13M who would be good enough to do a job when Torres is unavailable.

We need to SELL before we can BUY. So w can;t move in on Tevez, Silva, etc, until we have some cash in the bank. And in that regard, we're relying on other teams coming in for our players. Don't expect much business until late August.

Haven't we heard that the last few transfer windows? Feeels like it anyway. Regardless though, we'll spend more than we bring in this Summer i'd bet. So surely we have some money to spend without selling anyone.