You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but the pace in the Spanish legaue sin slower and he has more time on the ball. .

Have you seen Atletico play this season? They are the most English side in Spain, they play at a fast high tempo. If Forlan came back to the Premiership I have no doubt he'd be outstanding. Moreso than David Villa. My opinion of course. Also think Aguero would be well suited to the english game.

The way we will line up next season: ........Reina Arbel...Carra....Agger...Insua .............Masch....Barry............ Kuyt.......Gerrard......Tevez.. ................Torres. This will be the most transparent transfer window of all time. Out will go Alonso, Doss, Babel maybe. In will come Barry, Tevez, Hangeland or another Cb, and a couple of squad players nothing special.

Keane never played out wide and was never touted to do so.

Not too sure about that. Rafa did bring it up when talking about his qualities, and he did play that game out wide in one of the preseason friendlies. But having Torres, Gerrard and Keane all fit at the same didn't happen too often, so we didn't get to find out what the true intentions were with the Keane signing imo.

And how good was he?

thought he did ok, performance tailed off a bit...prefer to see him in a wider role personally which is where I think he would be deployed here i.e. taking Riera's slot. the point is though that he can play on his own there or with a partner or slightly off or out wider. takes the heat off of gerrard and torres...we need an attack full of 'world beaters' not just 2.

Have you seen Atletico play this season? They are the most English side in Spain, they play at a fast high tempo. If Forlan came back to the Premiership I have no doubt he'd be outstanding. Moreso than David Villa. My opinion of course. Also think Aguero would be well suited to the english game.

Yes I have and despite his goals I have not been impressed by him that much. Fair play tho him but he has found his level of play. Not sure about Aguero in England but I think it would be interesting to see him over here.

Steven Gerrard was a defensive midfielder five years ago. Things change.

True but gerrard has excelled whilst mostly being surrounded by shite, forlan was surrounded by title winners and the best players in the country at the time.

You cant deny him his record in spain though

I'm still far from convinced. How goods he gonne be when asked to lead the line up front on his own? Not very. He hasn't really got the pace to get in behind players and isn't going to win a single long ball.

And if he's going to come in and play wide then there's going to have to be some indulgence on Rafa's part if we're to see the best of him. Thats the biggest worry for me, he comes here, is played wide on the left and told to stay there, isn't given license to roam.

We should not be signing players from united. End of.

That is the bottom line.

We do not sign players who have been jumping up and down kissing gay ronaldo celebrating uniteds league win.

This cannot be just swept under the carpet.

Now way will I welcome Tevez to to the Carlsberg Stadium.

That was Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez, all interchanging. Your dreaming if you think its going to be same under Rafa kiddo.

Condescending prick.

So what you're saying is at times last season he played upfront on his own whilst interchanging. That's what I said gormless

Surely thats what we should be judgin him upon now - not what he did or didn't do 6 years ago playing for the scum (as a bit part player at that)

if i am being honest i just dont like the guy and dont think he is right for us but fair play if you do

Anelka looked like he was playing for another move today, never seen him work so hard!

See, for me, he'd be a far smarter choice than Tevez if what you're looking for is someone that can do both Gerrard's and Torres's roles when one or the other is out and also play wide if need be, though he doesn't seem to relish it. He's never made any secret of how much he loved playing for the club and how its still his one big regret. Cheeky £12m bid?