You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's harsh on Tevez.

Anyway, I had Silva in mind. Both flanks, quick and creative.

I like Silva too. Hopefully he will be available at the right price unlike simao, walcott, alves....

Well Downing might be out for up to six months, which would put pay to that rumour!

I think Tevez is a non starter, why pay 22 million for a player, when you refuse to pay more than 15 for a better player?

That'll fuel the 'We would have bought Downing if he wasn't injured' merry men when we lose our first point.

Ok so the sums have been worked out on how much we roughly have to spend and stuff but to all the people saying we shouldn't sign Tevez why don't you give us your opinion on who we should sign? Because right now i don't think there is a better player who could occupy the 3 striking roles if any of our players get injured. Also the matter of them being as available as Tevez is right now.

Ok so the sums have been worked out on how much we roughly have to spend and stuff but to all the people saying we shouldn't sign Tevez why don't you give us your opinion on who we should sign? Because right now i don't think there is a better player who could occupy the 3 striking roles if any of our players get injured. Also the matter of them being as available as Tevez is right now.

Won't he be in the same position he is now though, not starting enough games?

Won't he be in the same position he is now though, not starting enough games?

He'd be first choice on the left and could cover every other attacking position so he'd get plenty of games.

According to BBC online rumour mill, Stephen Ireland is about to walk out on City because of contract issues. Pretty sure that's bollocks, as I can't imagine they wouldn't find the cash to keep him. However if he was available I would bring him in ahead of pretty much any other wide player that we have been linked with.

Better version of Kuyt. As far as he has come in attitude and quality we would be lucky to have him.

His movement is the best of any player in his position in our league for my money.

In your scenario there, you are assuming Tevez can play the lone striker role, which he can't really as Saturday proved fairly conclusively again.

As I say is my option is Silva. He can cover any of the 3 in a 4231, is pacy and offer creativity. We need to bring in another striker obviously. But I think that would be the case if Tevez was brought in anyway.

Silva immediately solves a problem whereas I think Tevez immediately creates one; where to play him.

Better version of Kuyt. As far as he has come in attitude and quality we would be lucky to have him.

His movement is the best of any player in his position in our league for my money.

Ireland is nothing like Kuyt, beyond the fact both are incredibly ugly.

he also wins the award for the most questionable taste in car 'pimping'

irelands-car-stephen1.jpg

:lol:

In your scenario there, you are assuming Tevez can play the lone striker role, which he can't really as Saturday proved fairly conclusively again.

I hardly think that has been proven conclusively.

Regardless, we may switch to 4-4-2 should Torres be out. Tevez could definitely play in a front two with anyone.

I don't think Silva would be the best option for the Gerrard role in the 4231 as he is more of run on the wide balls kind of guy (kinky). I am not doubting that Silva wouldn't be a great signing as i rate him very highly and would be ecstatic if he joined but i think Tevez is an amazing footballer with the brain and talent to take our team one step further. Ol' ginsoak weren't too bothered signing Berbatov when he knew he had Tevez Rooney and Ronaldo but it has gave him more options which in my eyes has ultimately won them the league. Tevez's crucial cheeky back heel last week got them back in to the game and without that kind of flare which is what we lack i can't see us winning the league.

I hardly think that has been proven conclusively.

Regardless, we may switch to 4-4-2 should Torres be out. Tevez could definitely play in a front two with anyone.

OK, maybe not conclusively but every time I have seen him as a lone striker he has been poor. Doesn't have the presence, height or at the very least pace to fulfill that role. In my view anyway. In a front 2 sure. Providing we have someone who can lead the line. Which I am not sure we do bar Torres.

I just think with Tevez, we are spending a lot of money on something which isn't broke. For that money, I think the player has to offer something which we don't have already.

he also wins the award for the most questionable taste in car 'pimping'

irelands-car-stephen1.jpg

:lol:

Don't see much wrong with the Audi and I'm told the Range Rover being pink had something to do with cancer awareness thought that might be something made up by his fans.

The bigger issue is him blagging his gran died so he could go out on the ale. Since that time however he has sorted his head out according to friends, family and colleagues and it shows both on and off the pitch.