You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Riise asked for Beckham's shirt

Jonte

Why is Beckham still famous? He's about 48 isn't he? I've often consoled myself in the past that one day, he'd no longer be phsyically able to play football and would be off my TV screen for good. Alas no, he's been past it for about five years, yet his star has actually risen. Beckham - fuck off!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Beckham still famous? He's about 48 isn't he? I've often consoled myself in the past that one day, he'd no longer be phsyically able to play football and would be off my TV screen for good. Alas no, he's been past it for about five years, yet his star has actually risen. Beckham - fuck off!

I never liked him while he was at Utd but when he went over Real and Capello basically fucked him off because he didn't rate him... The way he knuckled down, didn't moan but instead played his way back into form and was then almost the first name on the team sheet and part of their League winning side, you've got to hold your hands up. Even Capello said that he had got it wrong where Beckham was concerned.

Babel could do a lot worse than have a look at that example.

What is it with some people on this site? First, a few have a go at Nando for what he said about the mancs yesterday, then an EX player asks to swap shirts with an EX manc and he gets criticized. So fuckin what? I was never Riises biggest fan. but really, some of you need to get a fuckin life.

EDIT Apologies, it wasn`t on this site, Nando was getting stick, it was on another LFC site

• 1 month later...

Remember the Phil Neville shirt story as told by Phil himself?

After a game against the "Galactico" Real team at Old Trafford he knocked on the dressing room door in the hope of getting a shirt swap. He explained to a Real official what he wanted. The official took Neville's shirt and closed the door. A minute late the door opened and the official passed the shirt back to Neville and closed the door.

Classic putdown.

If i played against any big names of the game i would ask for their shirt.

It would be amazing to have framed shirts of like messi, henry, beckham, kaka, ronaldinhio etc around a games room in your house alongside your debut shirt, your CL winning and PL shirts.

If i played against any big names of the game i would ask for their shirt.

It would be amazing to have framed shirts of like messi, henry, beckham, kaka, ronaldinhio etc around a games room in your house alongside your debut shirt, your CL winning and PL shirts.

Not if you played for Liverpool Football Club you wouldn't. I can understand the lads from Havant and Waterlooville asking for Gerrards shirt but JAR asked for Ronaldos shirt after United beat us in the league last year.

Big names? Fuck them, who's bigger then Liverpool?

Not if you played for Liverpool Football Club you wouldn't. I can understand the lads from Havant and Waterlooville asking for Gerrards shirt but JAR asked for Ronaldos shirt after United beat us in the league last year.

Big names? Fuck them, who's bigger then Liverpool?

Yes i would. I wouldnt ask for any other premiership player currently playing in the premiership, but any player outside of the english league i definately would.

Dont know if you saw Gerrards programme on sky, he has a collection of shirts and so does Carragher. It is a collection to remind you of the playing days when you retire

As soon as the whistle went he made a beeline for RVP to ask for his shirt. I don't know if he genuinely collects shirts or if he sells them on after, I'm betting its the second option, but it is embarassing to see a players first reaction after getting beat 1-0 is to ask the opposing goalscorer for his shirt.

Lad is an embarassmemt. He was fighting for Lampards shirt last season too. And i dont think the whistle had even left the refs mouth before he was stripping V. Persie off.

Yes i would. I wouldnt ask for any other premiership player currently playing in the premiership, but any player outside of the english league i definately would.

Dont know if you saw Gerrards programme on sky, he has a collection of shirts and so does Carragher. It is a collection to remind you of the playing days when you retire

I've never seen Gerrard or Carra chase a Manc up the turf at Old Trafford and beg for his shirt after a game. I totally understand a few shirts would be nice momentos to have but Riise seemed to do it after every game.

My point is that if I was a professional footballer playing for Liverpool I'd be more worried about becoming the player that people chased after for his shirt then being the player that chased after people for their shirt.

I've never seen Gerrard or Carra chase a Manc up the turf at Old Trafford and beg for his shirt after a game. I totally understand a few shirts would be nice momentos to have but Riise seemed to do it after every game.

My point is that if I was a professional footballer playing for Liverpool I'd be more worried about becoming the player that people chased after for his shirt then being the player that chased after people for their shirt.

Ye i understand definately. Its wrong asking for players shirts after every match especially a manc twats shirt, unless he is going to burn it.

All i was saying was i would ask players like messi, henry, beckham, kaka and co after a european game for their shirt.

Ye i understand definately. Its wrong asking for players shirts after every match especially a manc twats shirt, unless he is going to burn it.

All i was saying was i would ask players like messi, henry, beckham, kaka and co after a european game for their shirt.

I would ask if they came up to me to shake hands or if I talked to them in the tunnel after. I'd never chase them for it or have it set in my mind that I'd go ask them. I'd also never ask for the shirt of a bitter rival merely out of respect for our support. I know the fans hate Terry, Ronaldo, Lampard so me chasing them for their shirt is surely only going to piss them off? Nor would I take David Beckhams shirt, even if he paid me to take it.

I would ask if they came up to me to shake hands or if I talked to them in the tunnel after. I'd never chase them for it or have it set in my mind that I'd go ask them. I'd also never ask for the shirt of a bitter rival merely out of respect for our support. I know the fans hate Terry, Ronaldo, Lampard so me chasing them for their shirt is surely only going to piss them off? Nor would I take David Beckhams shirt, even if he paid me to take it.

I dont think the fans would really care to be honest.

If a player gives 100% on the pitch i couldnt give a fuck whose shirt he takes at the end of a game and thats coming from a season ticket holder.

If riise wants to fuck john terry in the dressing room after the game go ahead, as long as hes given his all on the pitch and hasnt made any stupid mistakes - not like he ever has.

I dont think the fans would really care to be honest.

If a player gives 100% on the pitch i couldnt give a fuck whose shirt he takes at the end of a game and thats coming from a season ticket holder.

If riise wants to fuck john terry in the dressing room after the game go ahead, as long as hes given his all on the pitch and hasnt made any stupid mistakes - not like he ever has.

It totally fucks me off to see anybody swapping shirts with those cunts. Wasn't Tim Cahill wearing a red shirt after the derby, I pity the fucker who took his shirt off him. I'd say it reaked of bellend.

It totally fucks me off to see anybody swapping shirts with those cunts. Wasn't Tim Cahill wearing a red shirt after the derby, I pity the fucker who took his shirt off him. I'd say it reaked of bellend.

I remember after one derby, Vignal got Gazza's and went to put it on and Danny Murphy told him off.

I dont know why anyone would want another prem teams unless it was family or a good mate and I certainly wouldnt do it on the pitch.

As for foreign ones thats fair enough.