You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If we win the Title?

Jonesy432

As a 21 year old lad I missed the glory years in which winning the Title was simply 'the norm'

I've spent my whole life as a fan dreaming that one day we would be crowned league champions, but so far its the one major trophy that I've yet to see us win. In reality its the one major trophy we've never even challenged for in the past 10 to 15 years.

So If/When we do land number 19, What happens then? I feel like I should just move on from football and maybe take up another wholy grail.

Maybe I'll turn to tennis in the hope of seeing the next British Wimbledon Champion???

Its all very odd! I think maybe i'm destined to support a Liverpool team that doesn't ever win the league? If only to keep my interest as a supporter.

Its all very odd! I think maybe i'm destined to support a Liverpool team that doesn't ever win the league? If only to keep my interest as a supporter.

Negged

You're the type of bloke who pursues a bird you like for years and years and then when you finally nob her, you go off her and get rid.
Repped

As a 21 year old lad I missed the glory years in which winning the Title was simply 'the norm'

I've spent my whole life as a fan dreaming that one day we would be crowned league champions, but so far its the one major trophy that I've yet to see us win. In reality its the one major trophy we've never even challenged for in the past 10 to 15 years.

So If/When we do land number 19, What happens then? I feel like I should just move on from football and maybe take up another wholy grail.

Maybe I'll turn to tennis in the hope of seeing the next British Wimbledon Champion???

Its all very odd! I think maybe I'm destined to support a Liverpool team that doesn't ever win the league? If only to keep my interest as a supporter.

Huh???? What kind of knob jockey are you? "One major trophy" What about the three FA Cup wins in that time? Did you not enjoy those? The UEFA cup win even the three League cups,Super cup and Charity/community shield victories? Fucking hell maybe you are better of watching the tennis or better still support England and wait for them to win the World Cup.:telloff: Oh yeah, what the hell is a "WHOLY GRAIL"?

Arsehole!!!

Did you not go nuts the night we won the Champions league.

Jeez - I can't wiat for no 19, and then I'll want 20, 21, 22,

You fair weather fan, go buy a chelsea shirt and watch them until Roman goes bankrupt, you can then go to Citeh, and any other club that you so desire.

But if you feel like "that's it" once we win the prem, you're not really a true red.:telloff:

easy lads, I think he's just trying to say that it will feel like the ultimate goal has been reached, and where do you go from there?

I once had a threesome that made me feel like it wasn't worth ever having sex again, as surely nothing could compare to the awesome, deep throating, anal, piss and filthfest I had just encountered.

But rather than be content I just vowed to make that happen again and again and make it even better every time. That's what seperates great men like me from virgins like you, Jonsey.

It's the same with football clubs - some are happy with achieving nirvana just the once, others try to do it all the time.

Liverpool FC is like me.

I think you need to have a word with yourself mate

easy lads, I think he's just trying to say that it will feel like the ultimate goal has been reached, and where do you go from there?

I once had a threesome that made me feel like it wasn't worth ever having sex again, as surely nothing could compare to the awesome, deep throating, anal, piss and filthfest I had just encountered.

But rather than be content I just vowed to make that happen again and again and make it even better every time. That's what seperates great men like me from virgins like you, Jonsey.

It's the same with football clubs - some are happy with achieving nirvana just the once, others try to do it all the time.

Liverpool FC is like me.

Repped. Tom R rules

Sky age fan.

How cant you wait 10 to 15 years to achieve something then 'move on to some other holy grail'?

No wonder our team gets boo-ed when it goes top of the league.

Liverpool FC is like me.

Thats a very good way of describing it!

Allow me to explain :)

After a long desscussion over a beverage or two with my best friend, and two othere fellow reds, We were talking about the 2005 Champions League win and how amazing it was because it was so unexpected.

With a new Gaffer, Owen pissing off and our club record signing breaking his leg, very few would of predicted that we'd go on to become champions of europe that season.

Obviously I was joking about following another sport, I doubt seeing Tiger Tim or that scottish lad win Wimbledon would give me the same rush as seeing the mighty reds put in a performance.

All I meant was that for years and years I've hoped that one day we'd make a genuine attempt at winning the title, but I really didn't expect it this year, whereas other years I've always felt confident we'd make a challenge and then failed too and been out of the title race by christmas.

Arsehole!!!

Did you not go nuts the night we won the Champions league.

Jeez - I can't wiat for no 19, and then I'll want 20, 21, 22,

You fair weather fan, go buy a chelsea shirt and watch them until Roman goes bankrupt, you can then go to Citeh, and any other club that you so desire.

But if you feel like "that's it" once we win the prem, you're not really a true red.:telloff:

Yes I did go nuts and then some that Night! :)

Strangely though my proudest day was the day after the 2007 final, I was still wearing my shirt from the night before, when a group of United fans started chanting '2-1' '2-1' 'Inzaghi' etc

Maybe I am a bit strange after all eek:??