You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

when everyone is fit rafa will have a tough choice

spider-neil

when everyone is fit who loses out?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. when everyone is fit who loses out?

• alonso and masherano with keane benched
    • alonso and keane with masherano benched
    • masherano and keane with alonso benched
    • other, please specify

It depends. In my view, Alonso is the most important of the three to how we're now playing with greater width. That said, Gerrard is capable of replicating Xabi's role, albeit in a slightly different way. I think they will get rotated depending upon who we're playing - and that will be the sort of "minor adjustment" rotation I'd be happy to see. We can switch between 442 and 4231 as well and that will have an impact on who's benched. In short, they're all impotant players and will all play plenty of games - maybe just not many toether when everyne's fit.

One additional point: despite being mightily impressed with the upturn i Dirk's form this season, I'd still really like to see the 4231 with Keane off Torres and Gerrard on the right of the three. I think we could absolutely twat some teams with that line up; the front four look frighteningly good, the flanks look versatile, we're tight in the middle and at the back and Xabi can make the whole thing tick. I so hope we see this team (and have wanted to ever since we were first linked with Keane):

Pepe

Albert I Carra Danny Boy Aurelio

Xabi The Chief

Gerrard Keane Albert II

El Nino

One additional point: despite being mightily impressed with the upturn i Dirk's form this season, I'd still really like to see the 4231 with Keane off Torres and Gerrard on the right of the three. I think we could absolutely twat some teams with that line up; the front four look frighteningly good, the flanks look versatile, we're tight in the middle and at the back and Xabi can make the whole thing tick. I so hope we see this team (and have wanted to ever since we were first linked with Keane):

I'm in exactly the same position. Dirk will need a rest at some point -hopefully we will see it then

The knives are out for Keane.

Yep... I voted Masch on the bench before seing the others option. In home games against mid/lower table opposition and away to lower table opposition I would leave out Masch but in the other games I would leave Keane on the bench and have Gerrard behind Torres. Alonso out only to get some rest now and then, I love him:whatever:

of choosing two from alonso mashrano and keane.

opinions on which two you would personally choose.

The problem with the Poll is it will differ from game to game there is different formations away from home to home games. For me its a straight choice between Alonso or Keane, Mascher has to play in both formations

I think Alonso and Kuyt have been playing really well lately, whereas Keane hasn't done anything at all really, and Mascherano has been indifferent (though he has improved in the last few games). On current form, I would leave Keane out. All players playing to something around their optimum form, though, you''d have to play Gerrard on the right, Mascherano and Alonso in the middle, with Keane and Torres providing the movement up front.

Gerrard won't play on the right.

Even though you'd think the best team would be Keane or Kuyt partnering Torres, with Gerrard on the right, Masch and Alonso in the middle and Riera left.

Given my Gerrard statement – that means Kuyt is in, on the right. I prefer it when he plays as one of three behind Torres, which means Keane misses out. Against crappy teams, it's Mascherano.

It depends. In my view, Alonso is the most important of the three to how we're now playing with greater width. That said, Gerrard is capable of replicating Xabi's role, albeit in a slightly different way. I think they will get rotated depending upon who we're playing - and that will be the sort of "minor adjustment" rotation I'd be happy to see. We can switch between 442 and 4231 as well and that will have an impact on who's benched. In short, they're all impotant players and will all play plenty of games - maybe just not many toether when everyne's fit.

Pepe

Albert I Carra Danny Boy Aurelio

Xabi The Chief

Gerrard Keane Albert II

El Nino

I always have a lot of time and respect for you point of view but your view of having Keane in there at present has to be based on him comming good rather than present form.

I have to say (and I havent been a kuyt fan) but Kuyt - Gerrard- Riera is going to be far more effective for the team than Gerrard-Keane-Riera

Also a bench of Babel, Keane and Benayoun defo gives Rafa options to change a game

GOOD!

If we ourselves can't pick a 'strongest' XI the it means we are in a decent position in terms of first team squad strength. I'm sure Salford and Chelsea fans are split with their first team picks.

IMO Rafa has an excellent 15/16 available to him. Its up to his skill and judgement to pick and XI for any particular game that will do the right job and win the football match.

Funnily with the news of Gerrards 'injury' it might well give Keane & Torres a chance next week together.

GOOD!

If we ourselves can't pick a 'strongest' XI the it means we are in a decent position in terms of first team squad strength. I'm sure Salford and Chelsea fans are split with their first team picks.

IMO Rafa has an excellent 15/16 available to him. Its up to his skill and judgement to pick and XI for any particular game that will do the right job and win the football match.

Funnily with the news of Gerrards 'injury' it might well give Keane & Torres a chance next week together.

Got to agree

When everyone is fit my top 5 on the subs bench would be

Keane

Babel

Benayoun

Agger

GK

Thats a game changing bench if ever I saw one, real strength id depth you can back that up with Hypia, El Zhar and Degen and things are pretty good, leaving money in the bank from Lucas, Pennant and Dossena