Quantcast
The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread - Page 173 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Section_31

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

The gift that keeps on giving.

They are good, think I mentioned elsewhere on the GF my mum and dad babysat for us last weekend whilst we went to a party, I spent the night turning the living room light on and off. Mum thought the house was haunted.

• Upvote 3

I wash showing the lads in work pictures of my new boiler today. Fuck it, here it is;

68616bcb8766f1b796d99297089eb0ee.jpg

It's probably a third the size of the old one and runs like a dream. The old one covered most of the floor space and you had to climb in to see above it. Got to admire that workmanship.

Show off,I'm jealous. Our boiler got an annual check from the housing and a part needs replacing. That was last Thursday so we've had no heating or hot water since and it still isn't fixed yet. I am fuckin freezing. Cunts of the highest order.

Show off,I'm jealous. Our boiler got an annual check from the housing and a part needs replacing. That was last Thursday so we've had no heating or hot water since and it still isn't fixed yet. I am fuckin freezing. Cunts of the highest order.

I've got a lecky radiator if you need it? I don't want it anymore because it's so warm in my house I have to drink beer to keep cool.
  • Upvote 1

The junk mail I received has definitely taken a turn for the fogey since my 50th birthday.

I always carry a Parker pen with me in case I ever have the misfortune to come across Michael Parkinson, so I can insert it up his ringpiece sideways.

Guest Pistonbroke

The junk mail I received has definitely taken a turn for the fogey since my 50th birthday.

I noticed the same thing after turning 50, thankfully the spam filters on Google mail do a grand job. Cold callers were also ramping up the hours, after asking if they had big tits or indeed just telling them to fuck off it would seem I'm on some sort of black list as we rarely receive anymore. 

I dunno, the cupboard is about 3 foot off the ground so it's a textbook reach in to change the dials which I don't need to because it's got a Hive 2 control with an app.

Obligatory shot;

20517b2072047a03443130bff4b17731.jpg

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS WIZARDRY????

I do genuinely get baffled by technology a lot now. I have no idea what WhatsApp or Snapchat are, nor do I know what 4k TV entails nor do I care. I also get fucked off if I'm playing on a mate's console and it starts asking you to sign in or create a fucking mini me or whatever the fuck, because I just want to put a game in, turn the fucker on and play the fucking thing. I have absolutely NO interest EVER in playing run and gun with some spotty twat from Idaho.

I have no idea why anybody would want to 'dab', and I am confused why young people are flipping bottles everywhere I go. If you were to do those sort of things when I was a kid, you would have been classed as a 'window licker' or a 'fucking deacon', after the disabled ald fella on blue peter.

• Upvote 2

I dunno, the cupboard is about 3 foot off the ground so it's a textbook reach in to change the dials which I don't need to because it's got a Hive 2 control with an app.

Obligatory shot;20517b2072047a03443130bff4b17731.jpg

Hello Dave. Feeling a little warm, Dave? I know you set me to 16, Dave, but I know what's best for you. Soon you will start to feel a little drowsy, Dave.

• Upvote 1

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS WIZARDRY????

That's the fruits of about a year of my working life. A wasted year as after 12 months of negotiations and drafting of contracts we did a Victor Kiam and bought the company.

• Upvote 1

I've just bought a new house. The boiler sounds like some kind of flying avengers aircraft carrier. I've a list of things that need buying that's so long a new boiler is a distant dream.

Hello Dave. Feeling a little warm, Dave? I know you set me to 16, Dave, but I know what's best for you. Soon you will start to feel a little drowsy, Dave.

DEMON-SEED-6.jpg

• Upvote 1

I've just bought a new house. The boiler sounds like some kind of flying avengers aircraft carrier. I've a list of things that need buying that's so long a new boiler is a distant dream.

Feel free to use my details to get the discount.