You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Electronic Adverts at Anfield

CWD82

I hated them. Absolute rubbish. If you have to put them in, put them in properly. My mates that went to the Boro game said that the normal hoardings were still there, only the electrical were put in front.

Rubbish.

I guess they are only put in on the spots the TV cameras will see them.

don't like them: a horrible indication of the sky-generation, money-dominated side of football, yet it was never in doubt that eventually we'd get them in, and i'm a bit surprised it's taken the two cowboys as long as it has.

give me the old delta cabs, ian skelly auto's, etc, any day.

They're there for the TV audience not for the folk in the ground. The sooner they get the hang of "painting" them in on the TV afterwards the better. Mr C was explaining to me that it's not that simple. They need maps of every angle and it's tricky when footballers run up and down in front of them apparently. I'm sure the nerds of the TNF would be able to solve it though.

they are clearly only there for benefit of TV advertising, otherwise they would of got them in front of the main stand (which is not seen on TV, incase you didn't know). secondly, don't be worried. it's a sign* of the times, but worry like fuck about the arabic and chinese writing on them. that's only going to bring us grief.

*see what i did there?

You will get used to the ads much in the same way as you have now got used to the ads on here.

Like it or lump it they generate a lot more money for the club then the traditional static ads and if we want to make more cash so we can keep up with the likes of Man United and Chelsea then we have to impliment stuff like this.

You will get used to the ads much in the same way as you have now got used to the ads on here.

Like it or lump it they generate a lot more money for the club then the traditional static ads and if we want to make more cash so we can keep up with the likes of Man United and Chelsea then we have to impliment stuff like this.

Mate, the problem is though at this moment in time that money isn't helping us keep up with the likes of United and Chelsea it's helping to keep the two tits in charge in power for a little bit longer.

Every penny helps them pay that interest and makes it harder to get rid of them.

Mate, the problem is though at this moment in time that money isn't helping us keep up with the likes of United and Chelsea it's helping to keep the two tits in charge in power for a little bit longer.

Every penny helps them pay that interest and makes it harder to get rid of them.

that's some flawed logic right their, everyone should stop going to the games then and see how much financial trouble we can get the club into then shall we.

That's the way to save the club.

I agree, but at the end of the day you have to go with what's right for the club... although making less money for the club will get them out quicker, it also wont help for when they are gone... unfortunatly we are stuck in the position of the better the club do, the harder it will be to get rid of them... imagine if we was to win the premiership and champions league this year! we would all be ecstatic! but then we probably would never see them give up control.

that's some flawed logic right their, everyone should stop going to the games then and see how much financial trouble we can get the club into then shall we.

That's the way to save the club.

Is that for real?

"We"? The owners have put us in this financial mess. The owners have made the club so much in debt that one season without Champions League football and we're the new Leeds more than likely. The owners will also more than likely put us another £300m in debt to finance the stadium you can't wait for.

Short term setback to achieve long term stability

That is of course unless you want these two tits to create even more financial crisis, a financial crisis that they have created themselves.

Is that for real?

"We"? The owners have put us in this financial mess. The owners have made the club so much in debt that one season without Champions League football and we're the new Leeds more than likely. The owners will also more than likely put us another £300m in debt to finance the stadium you can't wait for.

Short term setback to achieve long term stability

That is of course unless you want these two tits to create even more financial crisis, a financial crisis that they have created themselves.

And what would ur solution be if we was to contine to lose revenue and they didnt sell? just keep going and hope they eventually give in and some rich guy comes in to save the day? like most rich american's they want to make money out of the club, if they start to lose it, it doesn't mean that they will sell to cut their loss.. eventually maybe, but depending on their resolve that could take a long time, and cause many problems. I want them out as much as anybody, but crippling the club is not the way to do it.