You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gladiators

grazywalker

27 minutes ago, John102 said:

I watched a load of Eunice Huthart episodes the other day, when I heard it was coming back. She was brilliant.

One of the male finalists had to retire too, after Shadow nearly took his head off with a clothesline 

I hope the remake isn't just full of love island types, who smash the cross fit.

I used to know Eunice vaguely via work, and she was lovely.

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

These gladiators all look like proper athletes, not sure that's a good thing. They'll either win easily or have to let the contestants win.

Yeah they have got Harry Aikines Aryeetey up first. Granted its not a 100m race but he is World, Commonwealth and European medalist.

Not sure putting them up against IT professionals and cleaners is fair.

1 minute ago, John102 said:

Mixed views on the locker room idea. Will be good later when all the birds are in the shower, but not sure i want to see some of these fellas flossing their balls with a towel.

I'm fairly certain all those women will have clits the size of a cocktail sausage.

• Upvote 1

That was alright as far as Saturday evening telly goes. Got to witness another chapter in Mark Clattenberg's Partridge-esque breakdown, see a few people get flattened, and slyly perv women who could throw me around like a dog toy. Fun for all the family.

There'll never be another Jet though.

• Upvote 2

They have made the last round the same for both the men and the women. Not sure if that's an equality thing or what but it's a bit shit.

The fellas just blitz through it. Needs to be more back and forth. My 5 year old lad has insisted he can come down and watch the women's final round after he gets out the bath, so gone down well there.

I thought it was boss. Sat and watched it all the way through with my girl, having made her watch some of the old ones about a year ago not knowing this was making a come back.

Hugely disappointed not to hear a single “awooga” but otherwise happy with that.

• Upvote 2

I thought it was alright, for Saturday evening light family entertainment. 

The only downside was the host - was that Bradley Walsh's son? Fucking hell, come on, we need an attractive lady. I would fuck him right off and get Kate Abdo or Laura Woods in.

I'll re-iterate something I apparently said in another thread, the art directors need shooting if those pictures above are what they came up with when  they had the below to work with.

On 02/06/2023 at 12:05, TD_LFC said:

They need to sack the art directors for the show because those photo's do some of them no justice (and all the names are shit).

This is 'Comet'

large-1606823147-14ab5d68aefabe4a14926b3

'Diamond'

image-asset.jpeg

13 hours ago, Bob said:

I thought it was boss. Sat and watched it all the way through with my girl, having made her watch some of the old ones about a year ago not knowing this was making a come back.

Hugely disappointed not to hear a single “awooga” but otherwise happy with that.

Good wholesome family fun. Even our 16 year old has said she’ll keep watching it if we’re home on Saturday nights. 

You’re all welcome, by the way. This was a good bump. 

19 minutes ago, elvis said:

Please tell me this complete and utter tripe isn't making a comeback? 

It was absolutely fucking wank the first time around.

Joyless. Absolutely joyless.