You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Supersonic. It's a 9 out of 10 for me even though it's got Paulo Hewitt in it (nearly a point off).

It's funny as fuck and honest with it. Superbly edited and catches them when they genuinely were the best band on the planet before it all went to shite. Better than Dig! for me. That Stooges documentary is going to have to be good to beat this.

Highlight is possibly Noel's face at the Whisky.

• Upvote 1

There's been a few good music documentaries since Dig (which I've not seen btw):-

Soul Power

Respect Yourself

20 feet from stardom

Beware of Mr Baker

Buena Vista social club

Searching for sugar man

Just off the top of my head.

• Upvote 2

There's been a few good music documentaries since Dig (which I've not seen btw):-

Soul Power

Respect Yourself

20 feet from stardom

Beware of Mr Baker

Buena Vista social club

Searching for sugar man

I'll check them out. I've seen Searching for the Sugar Man which was good. The Devil and Daniel Johnson is a good one as well. 

• Upvote 2

Soul Power

Respect Yourself

20 feet from stardom

Beware of Mr Baker

Buena Vista social club

Searching for sugar man

All are very good but those I've bolded are out of this world 10/10's for me, along with:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1185418/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314725/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3498950/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

If you can find any room up there, shove them up your arse and set fire to them, and they will, in turn, set fire to you. If you thought the Beach Boys were even allowed to touch instruments even during the making of 'Pet Sounds' you're in for a shock. Same deal with the house band at Tamla with all those motor city hits that kept on comin.

I'm still awaiting one about my beloved 'Philly sound' to groove my ting too. There's also several about Larry Lavan and the Paradise Garage but I'm far too pissed to think of finer details. And that is where the divil lies.

• Upvote 2

Lost In Translation

Had this on my watch list for yonks and cant believe I've only just got round to watching

Bill Murray is outstanding in this quite wonderful and very intimate story of two lost souls finding one another.

Looks and sounds top notch, Sofia Coppola directs (!).

9/10

Watched on Exodus / Kodi

Inferno

Reminded of it after the mention of Argento in the horror movie thread. I liked Suspiria, but Inferno just feels a bit shite in comparison. The visuals, score (though I though it was a bit too bombastic at times) and story draw you in, but when it really matters the set-pieces are poor and it's all almost comically illogical and clunky. 

6 animal related deaths out of 10

Aliens live at the Royal Albert Hall. The original film with the soundtrack played live by an orchestra

Unbelievable. When the 20th Century Fox fanfare gets a massive cheer and round of applause you know you're in for a good time

A great experience

10/10

That sounds brilliant mate. Very jealous.

Soul Power

Respect Yourself

20 feet from stardom

Beware of Mr Baker

Buena Vista social club

Searching for sugar man

Made of stone is boss