You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Dog Eat Dog. Directed by Paul Schrader, 'starring' Willem Dafoe and Nicolas Cage. Bit violent, mostly shite.

I started watching this last night and it was shaping up well. 40 mins in and the phone went and I never got back to it till a couple of hours later. When I finally did get back to it, it was like a different film had replaced it. Fuck me that was some drop off after those first 40 minutes. I read the novel about 10 years ago on the beach and don't remember it as a rather unfunny black comedy. Schrader is a bit of a strange egg mind.

Jason Bourne - 7/10

Nothing especially new, bit of a weak story and it definitely felt like a tag on to original 3, rather the continuation of the same story but I still found it very well made and enjoyable.

Shouldn't these films be called David Webb now anyway?

Just took the kids to see the new Potter thing. I fell asleep. 'Nuff said.

I went to see that too and quite enjoyed it, but I did go with zero expectation as it wasn't what I intended to see and knew virtually nothing about it.

Shame you fell asleep as you probably missed Liverpool's starring role, particularly St George's Hall towards the end.

I hate Harry Potter & his bunch of mewling quim dweeb mates. I completely fail to see the appeal of them.

I'll be giving Eddie Redmayne & his squishy cunt face a wide berth as well.

To think, that posh prick could have been intergalactic badass Kylo Ren.

Not sure if you're much of a reader but the book by Dennis Lehane is fucking brilliant. In fact all the Kenzie and Genaro novels are.

Casey Affleck is boss as Patrick Kenzie; in fact he's one of my favourite actors. I love the scene in the bar when they try to intimidate him.

I see he also wrote Mystic River novel and wrote for the Wire and Boardwalk Empire. Will check him out.