You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Went on a little walk yesterday as it was a lovely evening and just as I got to the top of the hill I started seeing all these vans and trailers and cars in the field...it looked like a mini Glastonbury.

Walked past them to a very old farmhouse which was surrounded by a film crew and cameras and lights all over the place...just carried on going as nobody seemed to mind and bumped into a guy who looked very familiar....said hello and he said hello back and walked out of the mess homeward bound.

This morning I googled film shoots in the local area and it turns out that it's Christopher Nolan's filming for his new Dunkirk film and I'm pretty sure I bumped into the great man himself

Great man ? Mr Eastwood ?

• Upvote 1

Captain America: Civil War. 9/10. Excellent action movie, top acting, great characters. That's the way to do a proper comic book movie. While I'm not really a fan of the actual character, the last 2 Captain America movies have been 2 of the best comic book movies I've ever seen.

Circle.

Trawling through Netflix last night and decided to watch this. 50 random people wake in a strange room all stood in a circle. A machine in the middle counts down every two minutes and then kills someone randomly unless the group vote for who should be killed.

Some of the acting and dialogue is a bit corny so overall I give the film a 6/10 but it's still pretty good and thought provoking.

Watched. I enjoyed it.

Hunt For The Wilderpeople

This is really good. No super heroes, no CGI and it's not a remake. Instead it has a good script and decent characters. Some quite sad bits but often really funny and from the same bloke that made What We Do In The Shadows. Man and boy become the subjects of a manhunt. Best film I've seen for a while. 9/10.

• Upvote 2

The Killers - While not quite as good as the 1946 film, Don Siegel's take on Ernest Hemmingway's short story is still a lot of pulpy fun. Originally intended as the first 'made for TV film' but released theatrically when the studio realised it might be too violent, The Killers follows two hit-men searching for answers after their mark decides not to run and accepts his fate. A great cast, Lee Marvin, John Cassavetes, Angie Dickinson and Ronald Reagan (in his only villainous role), The Killers is an obvious influence on Tarantino. Really enjoyable 8/10.

Green Room - Really nasty riff on Carpenter's Assault On Precinct 13 from Jeremy Saulnier, the director of Blue Ruin. A punk band find themselves trapped in a dive of a bar by a gang of neo-Nazis after one of them witnesses a murder. The violence in Green Room is shocking but never seems gratuitous, a couple of scenes had me flinching and I consider myself pretty jaded. Unbearably tense at times and doesn't outstay it's welcome. Cracking stuff, Saulnier is one to watch.

• Upvote 1

Triangle was great, better than I would have expected as I'd never heard of it.

Hell or High Water was even better, again not what I expected and I stayed tuned to the end. 

Good recommendations on here.

I enjoyed Triangle. The Horror Channel are getting done apparently, airing uncut versions of films not approved by the BBFC.

I love The Horror Channel , I mean obviously they show a lot of shite but now and again then put an old gem on, like tonight it's Tales from the Crypt from 1972 with Joan Collins and Peter Cushing