You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

I love this movie. There, I said it.  I could and have watched it tens of times and am already looking forward to watching it again.

What's so good about it?  I honestly can not tell you, but I love it every time.  I find humour and relevance in dialogue that once sounded corny and also think the music/score in the prequels is underrated

I really enjoy the understated performance of Ewan McGregor in this episode.  He was very underwhelming in Episode I, but after that he quietly does a pretty good job of Obi-Wan's back story in Episodes II and III.  By the end of Sith you're left in no doubt as to his influence and all round kick ass brilliance.  Ewan McGregor makes the most of what he has to work with.  His battles with Jango Fett and General Grievous are virtuoso Star Wars, scenes I will always revisit.  The thing I enjoy most about the prequels is that they don't just tell the story of Anakin/Darth Vader. 

As for Anakin, I think he does alright in this movie. He has some decent lines.  I don't know what Lucas was going for with him, maybe it was bring home the adolescent side of Luke in Episode IV and he overcompensated with Anakin's constant protestations and tantrums. I don't really have a problem with it, he was destined to be Darth Vader and mirrored Luke's immaturity so it's no surprise that he's a bit annoying.  Are we supposed to like him?   Overall I find his portrayal of young Vader being seduced to the dark side as satisfactory, as far as this episode is concerned.

The backdrop of action scenes and peripheral Star Wars universe eye-candy carry the film along.  

You stupid little asterodroids.

8/10

• Upvote 4

I think the third one is fine too, the other two prequels are utter dogshit but that one does the job for me.

When I show Star Wars to my son, I'll start with that one & work through from there.

Not an expert on these movies, but doesn't that give away the "I'm yer da" twist from Empire?

Not an expert on these movies, but doesn't that give away the "I'm yer da" twist from Empire?

That's a good point, I'll need to watch it again & check.

I'm guessing he'll be about 5 when I start showing him stuff like Star Wars & Driller Killer so he might not pick up on it anyway.

Deepwater Horizon - pretty good. 7.5/10

Saw it  on Imax,  6/10 

Fucking noisy and shit dialogue which was in-decipherable for the most part 

Just about kept my interest with some great screenplay but definitely one of those films I wouldn't be arsed watching it on the box

Hate all that American high -fiving wise cracking ,good buddy shit, Do people really all talk like that in real life.?