You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Hunt For The Wilderpeople

This is really good. No super heroes, no CGI and it's not a remake. Instead it has a good script and decent characters. Some quite sad bits but often really funny and from the same bloke that made What We Do In The Shadows. Man and boy become the subjects of a manhunt. Best film I've seen for a while. 9/10.

Completely agree. One of those movies that just takes you along. Well worth a view.

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold 7/10-

Acting Richard Burton Acting

Burton_1581845c.jpg

Richard Acting Burton

Richard+Burton+-+The+Spy+Who+Came+in+Fro

Acting Acting Richard Burton ACTING!

MV5BMTI4NDU5Nzc1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjIx

Overall it was quite a good film of the double crossing spy thriller mould. Burton's characters relationship with the main female lead is perplexing to a modern audience though, he basically is a right grumpy drunken shite who she has to cook for while he makes disparaging remarks about her political views and lifestyle, yet she is totally in love with him.

Bridge of Spies 8/10-

Tom Hanks turns in a enjoyable everyman performance of a guy castigated by society for representing a potential Soviet agent at the governments behest. I had assumed the film might be quite boring but it kept me engaged. Mark Rylance was pretty good good in his role too, the film did well to show how much the two sides distrusted each other during the cold war.

Dont blink; one of those quirky suspense horror films where you dont see 'monster.' The suspense is in the 'who'll be next.' No gore or anything like that and obivously a schedule filler. But it was quite good and the ending while not predictable was consistent. 7 out of 10.

The Intern - 4/10. Silly chicks film. Why does De Niro bother with this shite. He's a joke these days and hasn't been in a decent film for 2 decades.

I was seriously waiting for him to give Hathaway one.

It was very cheesey the man is a legend though.

I reckon the reason for him doing films like that is because of his grand kids. If he didnt do films like that his grand kids would only see last tango in paris and taxi driver etc and woukd think their grand dad was a bit mental.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

I was seriously waiting for him to give Hathaway one.

It was very cheesey the man is a legend though.

I reckon the reason for him doing films like that is because of his grand kids. If he didnt do films like that his grand kids would only see last tango in paris and taxi driver etc and woukd think their grand dad was a bit mental.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

WTF is it with this thread and people mistaking which films De Niro was in?

• Upvote 1