You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Guest TK-421

The Human Centipede (First Sequence). 7/10.

First of all, it is amongst the most disgusting concepts one can think of. But here it is portrayed as more psychological terror than going for cheap shocks, as strange as that sounds. The gore was confined to montages of the actual surgical procedure, and the most potentially vomit-inducing part was very subtle because you don't actually see what you know is happening there. The claustrophobia, trauma and fear is far better captured than in, say, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and the central character (the surgeon) is a particularly memorable nutjob.

Would I want to watch this again? Yes. Would I want to watch the sequel? Definitely. Would I recommend this to anyone? Fill yer boots.

The Human Centipede (First Sequence). 7/10.

First of all, it is amongst the most disgusting concepts one can think of. But here it is portrayed as more psychological terror than going for cheap shocks, as strange as that sounds. The gore was confined to montages of the actual surgical procedure, and the most potentially vomit-inducing part was very subtle because you don't actually see what you know is happening there. The claustrophobia, trauma and fear is far better captured than in, say, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and the central character (the surgeon) is a particularly memorable nutjob.

Would I want to watch this again? Yes. Would I want to watch the sequel? Definitely. Would I recommend this to anyone? Fill yer boots.

Excellent reviewing skills. The words just dance off the page. Which master of the art form taught you how to reveal such cutting-edge avant-garde insight into the complex psyche of the human mind in such an entertaining fashion?

Guest TK-421

Ta, I'm quite proud of it. You can't teach that sort of thing. Brevity is the key, otherwise people just see loads of paragraphs and instantly switch off. You'll get the hang of it.

Little White Lies, French film starring Francois Cluzet and Marion Cotillard.

A group of friends have their annual holiday.

A brilliant opening three minutes followed by over two and a half hours of cringe-inducing 'drama' with the most unlikeable and smug collection of characters ever to appear on celluloid.

Surely that goes hand in hand. On the other hand though, I do have very strong lustful feelings for Marion Cotillard.

While I'm at it, I might as well list my past few movies.

Thor - 8/10. Stupid put fun.

Cedar Rapids - 6.5/10. Funny in parts.

Source Code - 8/10. Quality until the end scene.

Shutter Island - 7/10. It was my third viewing of the film. Knowing the ending kills the film a bit, like knowing Bruce Willis is a ghost in the 6th Sense. Still good but not classic Scorese.

The Damned United - 7/10. I've never read the book and apparently the more controversial moments are left out the film. I enjoyed it as it was but felt unfulfilled knowing this.

The key with French cinema is avoiding shite relationship dramas and going for mad as shit horror like Haute Tension, or ganster epics like Mesrine and Un Prophete.

Actually, as long as a French film is dripping with cool, it doesn't matter if the plot makes no sense whatsoever.

Surely that goes hand in hand. On the other hand though, I do have very strong lustful feelings for Marion Cotillard.

While I'm at it, I might as well list my past few movies.

Thor - 8/10. Stupid put fun.

Cedar Rapids - 6.5/10. Funny in parts.

Source Code - 8/10. Quality until the end scene.

Shutter Island - 7/10. It was my third viewing of the film. Knowing the ending kills the film a bit, like knowing Bruce Willis is a ghost in the 6th Sense. Still good but not classic Scorese.

The Damned United - 7/10. I've never read the book and apparently the more controversial moments are left out the film. I enjoyed it as it was but felt unfulfilled knowing this.

How about some fucking spoiler tags on that please? FFS.

The key with French cinema is avoiding shite relationship dramas and going for mad as shit horror like Haute Tension, or ganster epics like Mesrine and Un Prophete.

Is Martyrs French? Belgian?

Fuck me, that's one of THE most unpleasant, gruelling films I have ever seen.

Haute Tension is boss, too. If almost entirely nonsensical.

Is Martyrs French? Belgian?

Fuck me, that's one of THE most unpleasant, gruelling films I have ever seen.

Haute Tension is boss, too. If almost entirely nonsensical.

If you fancy a bit more extreme French horror try Frontieres and A l'interieur, if you havent done so already.

If you fancy a bit more extreme French horror try Frontieres and A l'interieur, if you havent done so already.

Ah, so it is French. Sorry, my memory is shot.

I think Frontieres is an earlier film by the wrongun who did Martyrs. Is the other one him too?

Brrrrrr. Unforgettably horrible film.

Guest jmcv

The Next Three Days 8/10

Russell Crowe, Elizabeth Banks, Dir: Paul Haggis.

Crowe plays John Brennan, whose wife, Lara (Banks) is accused and then convicted of murdering a co-worker. When it becomes clear to Brennan that he can never succeed in freeing his wife through the legal system, he decides to go about things another way.

This is a good, well-acted film, well worth a watch, but the pace is a little slack at times, and there are not that many stand-out moments, nor great thrills. Not quite an action thriller, and not quite a great thriller - but still a pretty good one.

This movie also features a number of cameos from a number of familiar faces, including; Olivia Wilde, Lennie James, Brian Dennehy, RZA and Trudie Styler (Mrs "Sting"), as well as a few others you might recognise from various US TV shows.

The Next Three Days 8/10

Russell Crowe, Elizabeth Banks, Dir: Paul Haggis.

Crowe plays John Brennan, whose wife, Lara (Banks) is accused and then convicted of murdering a co-worker. When it becomes clear to Brennan that he can never succeed in freeing his wife through the legal system, he decides to go about things another way.

This is a good, well-acted film, well worth a watch, but the pace is a little slack at times, and there are not that many stand-out moments, nor great thrills. Not quite an action thriller, and not quite a great thriller - but still a pretty good one.

This movie also features a number of cameos from a number of familiar faces, including; Olivia Wilde, Lennie James, Brian Dennehy, RZA and Trudie Styler (Mrs "Sting"), as well as a few others you might recognise from various US TV shows.

As I said a little bit earlier,this was stolen from a French film made a couple of years ago,shame they didnt leave it a while longer.

Nevertheless its a decent watch.

I'm going to the movies on Thursday with my Mrs, so it's basically either Hanna, Thor, Insidious, or Water for Elephants. The others can fuck right off

So what do you reckon?

Hanna sounds like the best film but apparently Portman gets her arse out in Thor so this is clearly a difficult decision.

Help please

I actually know a lad who's in Hanna, he plays Burton, Jamie Beamish is his name. Sound lad and really talented he had a small part in the recent Robin Hood film as well.

Great story when he was doing Robin Hood, he has fully recovered from throat cancer now but during the filming he had to pull out as it had started up again, normally when this happens they'd get in a replacement actor but Ridley Scott found out and delayed filming until his treatment had finished to get him back on board, not many would do that with the money involved in filming. Jamie also said Russell Crowe is a real sound fella, no shite about him and was asking Jamie how things were going with his health.

Haven't seen Hanna yet put there was a trailer out with Jamies character talking to Hanna, he got a right buzz off that.