You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

45 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Did you sign the petition that's linked in that story Gnasher?

Yes.

On a slightly separate note I've not really been in favour of Welsh Nationalisation until recently but the way Englands politicians (including the English Labour party) are lurching so far right independence is making more sense, it's mainly the divisions with those who speak and don't speak the language that dents it's popularity compared to Scotland. It used to be viewed as a Welsh speakers crusade. Wales has never been a right wing country or massively Royalist so maybe its time to make the break. Interestingly Eddie Butler ex Welsh Rugby captain who died last night was a Welsh Nationalist, as was Phil Bennett who died earlier this year, maybe they were right. 

Charlie seems to have received a very warm welcome up at Llandaff Cathedral this morning so the Royal family are still popular with certain sections, hopefully the popularity fade after all the hullabaloo dies down.

21 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Charlie seems to have received a very warm welcome up at Llandaff Cathedral this morning so the Royal family are still popular with certain sections

Hard to judge support from any of this really, lot's of it is novelty value, some will be the self congratulatory nature of being able to say you were there, I'd guess the true vocal support would be far far less than the crowds suggest during any of these visits.

13 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

I remember walking home from All Saints Anfield and one of my schoolmates saying this to me as a dare, and we ended up walking around a scary old lady in a coffin. It completely shit me up for weeks and my mum hit the roof and went to see the funeral directors to see why kids were being allowed to wander in willy-nilly. It transpired it was Bessie Braddock the local politician.

• Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I remember walking home from All Saints Anfield and one of my schoolmates saying this to me as a dare, and we ended up walking around a scary old lady in a coffin. It completely shit me up for weeks and my mum hit the roof and went to see the funeral directors to see why kids were being allowed to wander in willy-nilly. It transpired it was Bessie Braddock the local politician.

That’s quality mate, Scouse Stand By Me. She was a real battler. 

• Upvote 1

I think a big part of our problem is the low calibre of people who've infiltrated the media. It's full of middle class bums, grifters and people who didn't have the talent to get into showbusiness. 

They should be embarrassed by most of the stuff they peddle, not just this, but 90% of it. Opinion masquerading as journalism, punch-and-judy double acts, 'shock jocks', inflammatory clickbait social media excerpts (which is why the likes of Grimes and that Steve Davis bird have a job at all). 

They all descend on this shit because it gives them hours, days, weeks of easy 'stories', rather than having to go out in the world and actually earn a fucking living.

Think about it - with the exception of, say, Panorama or Dispatches (is that even still on?), when was the last time the news told you anything you didn't already know? 

• Upvote 2