You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Does nobody who is of a right mind look at all that ridiculous pomp and pageantry and not wonder what the fuck is going on in 21st century Britain? 

No mate. I love seeing the boys and girls of our military showing the world and anyone wanting to watch, in their finest and doing their bit with the finest military precision.

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Does nobody who is of a right mind look at all that ridiculous pomp and pageantry and not wonder what the fuck is going on in 21st century Britain? 

Yep. we should all take a progressive, present-day leaf out of the home of democracy.

No publicly funded 24/7 traditional nonsense in this Republic...

Греческие_гвардейцы_Эвзоны_-_panoramio.jpg

47 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

No mate. I love seeing the boys and girls of our military showing the world and anyone wanting to watch, in their finest and doing their bit with the finest military precision.

It's not the military I mean mate, it's the royal family and all their servants dressed in ridiculous outfits and all the gold and jewels all over the place.

I don't really have an opinion on the military side of things. I liked Das Boot. 

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Guards collapsing on duty, Chas taking a day off already. I'm amazed this isn't a Catholic country and half of us aren't called Hernandez.

King Charles III is taking a day of rest and reflection today and is not taking part in any events.

He’s just lost his mother in fairness, I was a mess when it happened to me so I’d cut him a bit of slack personally 

15 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

It's not the military I mean mate, it's the royal family and all their servants dressed in ridiculous outfits and all the gold and jewels all over the place.

I don't really have an opinion on the military side of things.

Edward - I think it was - served 4 months in the military and had a chest full of medals on show to prove it.

He would have needed a wheelbarrow to carry them all if he did a proper tour.

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

'Because she's been in place a long time" a woman answering why she's laying flowers at Buckingham Palace. Charlie Bronson's spent his life behind bars, go lay flowers at the gates of Rampton.

Mallory on why Everest:  "Because it's there."

Worra twat.