You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mo, The Vote - time to go?

Mo the poll - stay or go?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Mo this summer, assuming we take it out of the hands of the new manager

• Offer a new deal and keep him till the end of his career
    • Let him see out his contract
    • Sell him for any type of market value fee
    • Sell him but only for a massive fee

34 minutes ago, Chris said:

Fair enough. He could probably shit in his hand and throw it at the This Is Anfield sign and I'm not sure I'd be that harsh on him. 

Maybe this weekend if Klopp doesn't start him....

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Code said:

Why do people make up stuff?

IMG_0730.jpeg

IMG_0731.jpeg

IMG_0732.jpeg

I think most people are acknowledging that he’s one of our best ever players, Code. 

The debate is what’s the best thing for next season now and there’s a reasonable argument that a parting of the ways might be appropriate.

Anyway, the club have been leaking the hell out of their desire to keep him today so it’s probably all a bit irrelevant. 

As an aside, there’s definitely a bit more briefing of journalists by the club over the last week or so. First the Nunez being a Klopp buy, now the desire to keep Salah. Not a great thing. 

He's not good in general play and will get worse. I don't see how that's remotely controversial.

It's also balanced by the fact the other forwards stink and just his stats make him better than them. 

None of that is disrespectful towards him.

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

While he's been poor since January and I've said myself he isn't the same player as before(I'd move him to the 9/10 next year if he's staying, more 10 position). This does back up somewhat to what @Code has said about he is still creating chances

I would look next year at playing him as the 10 when we have the ball in a 4231, play Szoboszlai on the right. When we lose it and don't win it back high get them to switch so Szoboszlai drops into the midfield and Mo pulls wide. The front 4 will swap positions anyway with the ball so it should give Mo more freedom to drift and create. Dom showed early in the season he looked good when he got wide and has enough power and pace to drive past players. 

Jesus, those misses. Shit on Salah all we want (I'm not happy with him either) but how the fuck did our players miss all those chances

I forgot about the Trent one against Arsenal and the Nunez ones against Luton, united, Newcastle, City, Chelsea, Villa, Spurs, West Ham, Bournemouth, Wolves, Brighton, Fulham Crystal palace, Everton, Brentford, Burnley, Forest and Sheffield united 

7 minutes ago, Code said:

He is excellent in general play. 

Which part would that be? Getting past markers? Defending? Build up play?

He is now turd at all of that. It's exclusively final pass and penalty area, where he is still excellent.

• Upvote 1

He isn't as good as he was the other year. But there a argument that it might be because he has been pushed wider to allow Trent to play inverted. As he pace lessens isolating him more and taking him away from goal does seem a strange idea. Especially for a player you are paying 350k a week for what he can do. As i said earlier i would look at him to play behind the main striker and get him closer to goal and into a position to score goals or pick a pass. It would still allow him to drift and be harder to pick up

45 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Which part would that be? Getting past markers? Defending? Build up play?

He is now turd at all of that. It's exclusively final pass and penalty area, where he is still excellent.

Since the injury, he can't even hold his man off anymore.syne he can get that back, but maybe not. He'll be 32 by the time next season starts. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

He isn't as good as he was the other year. But there a argument that it might be because he has been pushed wider to allow Trent to play inverted. As he pace lessens isolating him more and taking him away from goal does seem a strange idea. Especially for a player you are paying 350k a week for what he can do. As i said earlier i would look at him to play behind the main striker and get him closer to goal and into a position to score goals or pick a pass. It would still allow him to drift and be harder to pick up

Agree with this. His role definitely changed and it wasn't made easier. He's got on with it and still put up really good numbers, but in games when we've not been at it he's often been too far away from goal (not his fault) and ineffective. 

On 28/04/2024 at 16:12, Kevin D said:

Keep him.

I’d give him an extra year on the deal to protect his value and allows both us and him to reassess after next year.

I think his decline in the second half of the year is because he’s been playing with an injury and trying to manage that. I’d stop that, going forward. 

When he starts I wouldn’t have him playing 90 minutes very often, take him off penalties and use him from the bench if someone else is in better form.

He’s still a reliable source of goals and assists, so I wouldn’t be cutting our nose off to spite our face.

This is exactly what should happen. 

And also to play Mo down the middle. Play him as a 10. 

It's pretty irrelevant as this decision will be more about economics more than footballing ability. I doubt FSG reckon he could now recoup the same kind of merchandising and publicity money as when he signed his last deal. And obviously how much the new manager has to spend.

On 29/04/2024 at 15:44, Barrington Womble said:

I think it's about getting big names in the league and that's all PIF care about to legitimise their country in the western world.  

I think the western world needs to legitimise itself these days.

• Downvote 2