You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Words I have been using the wrong way

As a sister to the words I can’t pronounce thread, another chance to own up in a public forum to your inability to use the English language. This is for words that you thought meant something different to their accepted meaning. 

I will open the batting with “Morerish” I genuinely thought people were talking about Spanish architecture (Moorish) so when they said “sherbet lemons are very moreish” I had no fucking idea why. Mrs Willard regularly reminds me of this as evidence of my stupidity. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

I only recently learned that the instep is the arch on the top of your foot and not the inside of your foot as I'd always thought

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Repped for teaching me something. I thought exactly the same.

Weak shot muthas.