You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Gentlemen

Just finished it, Guy Ritchie series on Netflix. Thought it was brilliant and funny as fuck at times. I've never actually seen any Richie stuff but this was top drawer.

The main bloke would have been a decent pick for the next Bond actually but he's cracking on.

• Upvote 1

Got two episodes left and it all looks like it’s about to properly kick off. 

Freddie is funny as fuck. 

Rock N Rolla is a brilliant Guy Ritchie film, similar gangster stuff with some funny moments. Excellent cast as well. 

33 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Just finished it, Guy Ritchie series on Netflix. Thought it was brilliant and funny as fuck at times. I've never actually seen any Richie stuff but this was top drawer.

The main bloke would have been a decent pick for the next Bond actually but he's cracking on.

Yeah, I binge watched it last week and thought it was great. The Scouser making Freddy dress up as a chicken had me in stitches.

30 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

Yeah, I binge watched it last week and thought it was great. The Scouser making Freddy dress up as a chicken had me in stitches.

Peter Seafinowicz was actually born and is from the city so his OTT accent was pretty much spot on.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Peter Seafinowicz was actually born and is from the city so his OTT accent was pretty much spot on.

Grew up in Belle Vale so if anything it’s soft. His grandad was a Belarusian nazi collaborator apparently.  

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Grew up in Belle Vale so if anything it’s soft. His grandad was a Belarusian nazi collaborator apparently.  

I think they have to make it sound like that so the audience can understand the stereotypical scouse character. His Preacher Brother is a Manc trying to be a scouser. It shows.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Really enjoyed it but felt the final episode Met it down a tad. Everything seems to resolve a little too quickly.

They wanted to set up a second season which was at the cost of an explosive finale.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Could only stomach 3 episodes. 

Absolute dogshit show, dogshit writing and even dogshitter actors. 

Rubbish show.... 

I’ll put you down as a maybe for season 2 then. 

I was off sick last week so.bingwd it in about 3 or 4 sittings when I was feeling well enough to slouch in front of the TV.

I enjoyed it but won't give it a seconds thought a year from now. Enjoyable nonsense.

• Upvote 1

Skipped the comments as only on episode 1. 

I am more astounded that section hasnt watched any of the below; 

Snatch

Lock Stock

The Gentleman (Film)

Rock N Rolla

Revolver

The Covenant

Sherlock Holmes (Although not seen myself)

15 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Skipped the comments as only on episode 1. 

I am more astounded that section hasnt watched any of the below; 

Snatch

Lock Stock

The Gentleman (Film)

Rock N Rolla

Revolver

The Covenant

Sherlock Holmes (Although not seen myself)

Thought Covenant was really good.