You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Liverpool 1 Manchester City 1 - Match Reaction

Honours even after a pulsating clash at Anfield. The Reds overcame a half time deficit to dominate after the break and Alexis Mac Allister's equaliser was the least Liverpool deserved for a brilliant second half display.

TLW Editor Dave Usher is joined by Paul Natton and John Gallagher to look back on a highly charged game that had a controversial ending, as Michael Oliver denied Mac Allister the clearest of penalties with virtually the last kick of the game.

View full article

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9

• dave u pinned this topic
7 minutes ago, Baresi said:

The Foden chant is related to an incident a few years back at the boxing in Manchester.    

I know, and it changes absolutely nothing. There's zero justification for it and it makes us look like cunts.

Imagine our reaction if City fans or anyone else was chanting that about one of our lads. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dave u said:

I know, and it changes absolutely nothing. There's zero justification for it and it makes us look like cunts.

Imagine our reaction if City fans or anyone else was chanting that about one of our lads. 

Just to be clear here - I didn't sing it and don't condone it in any way.  Was simply making the point of it's origin as it wasn't mentioned on the pod. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Baresi said:

The Foden chant is related to an incident a few years back at the boxing in Manchester.    

In which it appeared, from the available footage, Foden and his family were accosted by people from Liverpool, which was also unjustified. 

• Upvote 2

Thought the three of you lads were remarkably calm and measured during that episode.

I Imagine the emotion of the day didn't leave much in the tank to be super fired up on the pod anyway. I was exhausted just watching it on TV. 

But there was also the ambivalence of what happened. Should have won, could've lost. Status quo in this part of the battle with City.

Paul legit getting annoyed with Dave and telling him to "shut up" before he could get started on White Knighting for Darwin when Paul wasn't even going to have a pop was funny.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Kyle Walker avoiding a booking - on first name terms with "Mike". The whole thing stinks. 

That was so bad, wasn't it? Absolutely left his foot up, the creepy little fucker. 

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

That was so bad, wasn't it? Absolutely left his foot up, the creepy little fucker. 

"Come on Mike - I was there with you in that Hilton in Abu Dhabi. What goes on tour stays on tour eh Mike."

• Haha 2

I mentioned in another thread, that the time taken to review the Mac Allister penalty incident was very quick given the magnitude of the decision.  Nothing to see here, move on! That's 3 massive ones gone against us this season, the others being against spurs and arsenal. We should hopefully beat Brighton and the 115'ers will draw against the Arse, putting us the driving seat. Darwin also had a good chance in the 2nd half just before he went off, but it was very close and  straight at their keeper, who did well to smother it and  made a few good saves to be fair.

36 minutes ago, Chris said:

Thought the three of you lads were remarkably calm and measured during that episode.

I Imagine the emotion of the day didn't leave much in the tank to be super fired up on the pod anyway. I was exhausted just watching it on TV. 

But there was also the ambivalence of what happened. Should have won, could've lost. Status quo in this part of the battle with City.

Paul legit getting annoyed with Dave and telling him to "shut up" before he could get started on White Knighting for Darwin when Paul wasn't even going to have a pop was funny.

Hang on, Paul spent the morning convincing himself Darwin was going to single handedly tear City apart and score a hat-trick, and then got all disappointed with him when he failed to deliver on his entirely unrealistic expectations. I was being the voice of reason.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Baresi said:

Just to be clear here - I didn't sing it and don't condone it in any way.  Was simply making the point of it's origin as it wasn't mentioned on the pod. 

No I know that, wasn't having a pop at you at all. I didn't mention the origin because Foden didn't cause that situation. To me it's irrelevant.

I'm proper disgusted about that chant, makes us look like horrible bastards, especially as loads who sang it will have been on their high horse about "sign on" at Forest last week. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dave u said:

“John Terry’s ma” and “The elephant man” chants about Lescott’s childhood injury are similarly out of order, in my view.

I was just refreshing my memory on the Calciopoli scandal in Italy. Senior officials in clubs where in cahoots with senior officials within the Italian PGMOL around referee selection. Is that really that much of a difference to what has gone on with Michael Oliver?

Look at the numbers below, they seem quite small to me but the type of fixture is significant. City know when the big games come around the PL is going to the top man. 

I'd bet a considerable sum that nobody inside Anfield yesterday that didn't work for City or the PGMOL could name one club in the UAE league. 60,000 football fans and not one could name a team, they could name you teams from Moldova, Chile, Saudi or South Africa. What the fuck where they doing over there, its not a league anyone cares about, it doesn't appear to be even trying to grow like other leagues. Look the picture below, taken from their website, that's a semi final and nobody is there, I assume the league hasn't shown a picture to make themselves look bad, if anyone was in the ground the picture would show it. 

Screenshot_20240311_151050_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20240311_152216_Chrome.jpg

Here’s the incident Dave mentions when the Lino flagged early and the whistle went as Nunez was about to shoot. Doesn’t even look offside, let alone borderline… 

IMG_3063.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic