You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

12 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I reckon the whole Saudi thing will be a lot less attractive this summer to good footballers than it was last year. 

not sure about that.  The primary/only driver for them going there is still available. 

7 minutes ago, stringvest said:

not sure about that.  The primary/only driver for them going there is still available. 

Fair enough for the average players. It would be grim for a player like Mo to be playing half-paced in front of a few thousand though. Maybe PSG would be an option for him at some stage. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Makes perfect sense selling Mo when he's still at the top of his game banging in goals consistently and to replace him with some random. 

Replacing our best goalscorer with a kid who has scored 6 goals in the eredivise doesn't. I think I've seen him 3 or 4 times,twice against Rangers and he was bang average. He might be a good player in a couple of years but he isn't close yet

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Fair enough for the average players. It would be grim for a player like Mo to be playing half-paced in front of a few thousand though. Maybe PSG would be an option for him at some stage. 

Any player playing at the top level who still has drive and ambition shouldn't be anywhere near that shite - unless the desire for money is greater than sporting achievement.

34 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

Hot finishing will happen when your both footed, he scores all types of goals as well I think he’s very good, I’d love Bowen but his age and probably the price would be too much.

I'd want to see one more year, personally, with Kudus. To confirm.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I never take any notice of those types of links when you've got a game with his club coming up. 

Until we appoint the new manager then I take any and all transfer spec with a truckload of salt.

• Upvote 1

"Cadena Ser in Spain has reaffirmed claims from outlet Sport (via Sport Witness) that Liverpool have made contact with Real Madrid over Rodrygo. 

The Brazilian was instrumental against Athletic Club over the weekend with a brace, yet could be deemed surplus to requirements this summer with the likely signing of Kylian Mbappe on a free transfer, in addition to teenage wonderkid Endrick linking up this summer. It's believed that Los Blancos want €100 million for Rodrygo's signature. 

A plethora of Premier League clubs are said to be interested but intriguingly, the 23-year-old may be a replacement in the long-term for Mohamed Salah, having forged a niche on the right-wing during his time at the Bernabeu"

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

If we could get a decent fee for Salah then now's the time for that kind of move.

Right footed though, isn't he?

Yeah, he's right footed. He's basically on the right because Vinicius is a bit better than him. Obviously if they get Mbappe he won't be playing at all.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

What's happening with Ramsey.

Is he good enough to come in to deputise for Bradley, assuming Trent gets a midfield berth that is?

A combo of Gomez and Van den berg more likely at this point. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

What's happening with Ramsey.

Is he good enough to come in to deputise for Bradley, assuming Trent gets a midfield berth that is?

Had loads of problems with injuries and had two disappointing loans at Preston and Bolton where he's barely played.

Don't think he'll ever get close to playing for us.

44 minutes ago, Pidge said:

A combo of Gomez and Van den berg more likely at this point. 

I keep forgetting about Van den Berg.

I wonder if we'll try and cash in on him after a good loan season or give him a chance here.

I think he'll count as a home grown player too.

4 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

I keep forgetting about Van den Berg.

I wonder if we'll try and cash in on him after a good loan season or give him a chance here.

I think he'll count as a home grown player too.

He's supposed to have been really good this year. He has been hinting at needing to play so I think he will be off. Should have a decent profit on him though

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He's supposed to have been really good this year. He has been hinting at needing to play so I think he will be off. Should have a decent profit on him though

To be fair to the lad, he probably doesn't want to keep moving every 12 months either. 

Where's he been playing? I've never thought he looked big enough to be a centre back.