You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Shame that Evan Ferguson seems to be crocked all the time he seems like a good young prospect, big lad physical. Doesn't think the ball is a WW2 landmine.

He's not that good. 

He's even been crap for Ireland... That's not saying much to be fair, we have a shocking international team at the minute

• Upvote 2

No good sources yet but stories starting that Edwards will let Mo go in the summer and the Saudis are looking at a 70ml bid and we would like it done quickly of it happens. 

Not surprised if it happens as though its to early for Mo to move out there i could see him saying he will go for a year and them allowing him to move back to Europe for a set fee the year after, the money means fuck all to them. Edwards won't want to give him a big new contract at his age either, though i think a year extension would work well for everyone if we let him play it out and got 2 more years from him. The money saved on Mo will go on new deals for Trent and Virg imo and the fee will give the new manager a healthy budget. Not saying it should happen just what i think theyll do

8 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

He's not that good. 

He's even been crap for Ireland... That's not saying much to be fair, we have a shocking international team at the minute

A mate of mine from when I lived in London all them years ago is a Brighton season ticket holder.

He adores him. Said the club and De Zerbi tried to manage his game time when he was belting the goals in, he lost momentum and has been picking up injuries here and there. Said his confidence is shot right now, but reckons he'll be top notch again in no time.

8 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

He's not that good. 

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

A mate of mine from when I lived in London all them years ago is a Brighton season ticket holder.

He adores him. Said the club and De Zerbi tried to manage his game time when he was belting the goals in, he lost momentum and has been picking up injuries here and there. Said his confidence is shot right now, but reckons he'll be top notch again in no time.

I heard similar that the data team wanted him not playing each week as they are worried about injuries and burnout. Deffo off the boil whatever is going on

On being shite for Ireland that shouldn't be a shock really, he isn't the sort thats going to create for himself and he is getting service from from championship level players 

27 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

No good sources yet but stories starting that Edwards will let Mo go in the summer and the Saudis are looking at a 70ml bid and we would like it done quickly of it happens. 

Not surprised if it happens as though its to early for Mo to move out there i could see him saying he will go for a year and them allowing him to move back to Europe for a set fee the year after, the money means fuck all to them. Edwards won't want to give him a big new contract at his age either, though i think a year extension would work well for everyone if we let him play it out and got 2 more years from him. The money saved on Mo will go on new deals for Trent and Virg imo and the fee will give the new manager a healthy budget. Not saying it should happen just what i think theyll do

If we take that deal we are fucking idiots.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Remmie said:

If we take that deal we are fucking idiots.

I think they could get a bit more but with only 12 months left on the deal the Saudi's will just be telling him if he plays out his deal they'll give him the transfer fee aswell. You let a player get into the last 12 months and you have little power left to do anything about it. Especially as no club in Europe would offer close to that for a player that will be 32 at that point. 

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I think they could get a bit more but with only 12 months left on the deal the Saudi's will just be telling him if he plays out his deal they'll give him the transfer fee aswell. You let a player get into the last 12 months and you have little power left to do anything about it. Especially as no club in Europe would offer close to that for a player that will be 32 at that point. 

Yeah fuck all that, keep the guaranteed goalscorer! 

Totally agree on selling Salah, sad as it may seem. We would definitely miss him but it's better to sell too soon than too late and with players like that when their legs go they can really fall off a cliff very quickly in terms of production.

Not sure we'd get £100m but we should get close to it, you'd think. And that would go a long ways towards replacing him!

The great thing is that for once we don't have a huge hole in our team that obviously needs filling, even if we sold Salah. You'd want a centre back and another forward to add some goals in with Mo gone, but apart from that you could just look around and buy a few young-ish prospects that could then bed in over time.

• Upvote 2

No way we’re spending big on players from Sporting if Amorim comes. One of the more attractive thing about signing a guy like that for Edwards will be that he won’t have to go against his recruitment model to appease him. Maybe they go for Inacio but there won’t be £70m plus bids on Championship proven forwards.

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

Who the fuck do you replace Salah with? He's irreplaceable. So, just keep him instead.

You get someone inwith 10 years in front of them rather than keep someone with 1 or 2.

I'd imagine the new manager might tweak the formation too, we might not need ro 'replace' him.

No, its not better to sell Salah for £100m, when you need £250m to replace his goal contribution.

It would be as stupid as selling £50 notes for £20 each. 

Salah has 4-5 years left at the absolute top level.

IMG_0023.jpeg

Also you buy his eventual replacement while he is still here so that they can bed in gradually. Or perhaps Danns will be his replacement and he learns from Mo. But selling for peanuts like £70m which would be peanuts for him would be Everton behaviour. 

• Upvote 1

Salah games, goals, assists:

17/18: 52 - 44 - 14 (0,846 goal pr game - 0,269 assist pr game - 1,115 g/a)

18/19: 52 - 27 - 10 (0,519 goal pr game - 0,192 assist pr game - 0,711 g/a)

19/20: 48 - 23 - 13 (0,479 goal pr game - 0,270 assist pr game - 0,750 g/a)

20/21: 51 - 31 - 6 (0,607 goal pr game - 0,117 assist pr game - 0,725 g/a)

21/22: 51 - 31 - 15 (0,607 goal pr game - 0,294 assist pr game - 0,901 g/a)

22/23: 51 - 30 - 16 (0,588 goal pr game - 0,313 assist pr game - 0,901 g/a)

23/24: 35 - 23 - 12 (0,657 goal pr game - 0,342 assist pr game - 1,000 g/a)

There are so much nonsense getting talked about Salah you could think half our fanbase secretly hates him for some strange reason. 

The fact is, apart from his first season he has never scored more goals, and he has never got more assists.

Salah is not a player dropping in performance level, he is a player on top of his game, and the only player around you can replace him with is M’Bappe, everything else will be a massive downgrade and utter incompetense. 

30 minutes ago, Code said:

Salah games, goals, assists:

17/18: 52 - 44 - 14 (0,846 goal pr game - 0,269 assist pr game - 1,115 g/a)

18/19: 52 - 27 - 10 (0,519 goal pr game - 0,192 assist pr game - 0,711 g/a)

19/20: 48 - 23 - 13 (0,479 goal pr game - 0,270 assist pr game - 0,750 g/a)

20/21: 51 - 31 - 6 (0,607 goal pr game - 0,117 assist pr game - 0,725 g/a)

21/22: 51 - 31 - 15 (0,607 goal pr game - 0,294 assist pr game - 0,901 g/a)

22/23: 51 - 30 - 16 (0,588 goal pr game - 0,313 assist pr game - 0,901 g/a)

23/24: 35 - 23 - 12 (0,657 goal pr game - 0,342 assist pr game - 1,000 g/a)

There are so much nonsense getting talked about Salah you could think half our fanbase secretly hates him for some strange reason. 

The fact is, apart from his first season he has never scored more goals, and he has never got more assists.

Salah is not a player dropping in performance level, he is a player on top of his game, and the only player around you can replace him with is M’Bappe, everything else will be a massive downgrade and utter incompetense. 

It's going to be a bit more nuanced then he's scored loads of goals for us, is a club legend, let's just keep him.