You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

1 minute ago, Smell The Glove said:

It's going to be a bit more nuanced then he's scored loads of goals for us, is a club legend, let's just keep him.

Did the topless picture not convince you?

Salah with his legs gone is probably still quicker than Harvey. He would actually be quite a similar player but would score more goals. Out of the 5 front players I'd sell the other 4 before Mo.

1 hour ago, Code said:

No, its not better to sell Salah for £100m, when you need £250m to replace his goal contribution.

It would be as stupid as selling £50 notes for £20 each. 

Salah has 4-5 years left at the absolute top level.

IMG_0023.jpeg

Maybe so but with 1 year left on his contract is it not better to take 100m than to lose him for free next year? Or atleast offer him a new 2 year contract and see how his camp react. We have to accept at some point he will go and every player has a price 

58 minutes ago, andyj said:

Maybe so but with 1 year left on his contract is it not better to take 100m than to lose him for free next year? Or atleast offer him a new 2 year contract and see how his camp react. We have to accept at some point he will go and every player has a price 

We should obviously offer him a new contract. That is the only sensible solution. 

41 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

We won six out of seven. The only loss was away at Arsenal.

No we did not, we got a draw against Fulham and we got a draw against City before Salah was seen fit to start games.

We have lost four games in 90 minutes this season, Salah started only one of them, the scandal against Tottenham. 

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Salah with his legs gone is probably still quicker than Harvey. He would actually be quite a similar player but would score more goals. Out of the 5 front players I'd sell the other 4 before Mo.

His legs are not gone, that is just absolute bollocks. 

It seems some people create a different reality just because a player has turned 30, its hilarious. 

Salah is having his best season in ages, if he had played with better finishers than Nunez, he probably would be close to 20 assist by now. 

It will be a bit silly to sell Salah this summer, when we need all the senior players/leaders for a successful transition. He should get a year extension. 

Adrian, Thiago, Matip will all leave and free up £350k+ per week. This should be more than enough wages for a new reserve GK, CB and contract extension for Trent & Virgil. It could also cover most of the wages for a new young midfielder. 

Keep all the forwards, unless Diaz wants to go to Spain. 

The priority for the new manager should be to get Gakpo, Nunez & Diaz score consistent amount of goals. Jota will, we know that. If and when all that happens, we can think about selling Salah next summer. 

Always thought "his legs have gone" meant a player was finished at the top level, like didn't have the agility or stamina for 90 minutes, someone like Fabinho or Jordan Henderson. That's not Mo.

Mo has still got 90 minutes in him but if you think he's as quick now as he ever was you're watching different matches to me.

2 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Always thought "his legs have gone" meant a player was finished at the top level, like didn't have the agility or stamina for 90 minutes, someone like Fabinho or Jordan Henderson. That's not Mo.

Mo has still got 90 minutes in him but if you think he's as quick now as he ever was you're watching different matches to me.

I have seen no evidence of him losing his pace, if he has lost some marginal pace it will have nothing to do with age, more the fact he has bulked up in the gym and put on too much mass.

Just now, Code said:

I have seen no evidence of him losing his pace, if he has lost some marginal pace it will have nothing to do with age, more the fact he has bulked up in the gym and put on too much mass.

Come on. He's definitely not as quick. Infact it's one of the more impressive things about Salah that he knows he's lost pace so adjusted so he creates for others.

2 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Come on. He's definitely not as quick. Infact it's one of the more impressive things about Salah that he knows he's lost pace so adjusted so he creates for others.

Show me the numbers!

People have been talking about Salah losing his pace since 2019, its a myth. 

He’s always gone through a dry spell from time to time. It’s not helping the others not chipping in.

We need to keep Mo. There’s no one to replace his goals and assists knocking about anywhere. 

The new guy is gonna need as smooth a start as we can give him. Keeping Mo would help with that.

I stand with Code; Remmie and more importantly Mo. 

Selling our most influential player in a time when we will be going through a transitional phase with a new manager is ludicrous. 

Again Code is right; replacing Salah's goal tally will take a lot more than 70/150 million. 

Unless Mo wants out himself; he stays. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Code said:

His legs are not gone, that is just absolute bollocks. 

It seems some people create a different reality just because a player has turned 30, its hilarious. 

Salah is having his best season in ages, if he had played with better finishers than Nunez, he probably would be close to 20 assist by now. 

I didn't say his legs are gone, pointing out that even when they go he will be quicker than Harvey and I wouldn't be advocating selling Harvey just because he's slow. Mo's touch, vision and strength will make him a valuable player long after his pace goals are gone.

46 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

I stand with Code; Remmie and more importantly Mo. 

Selling our most influential player in a time when we will be going through a transitional phase with a new manager is ludicrous. 

Again Code is right; replacing Salah's goal tally will take a lot more than 70/150 million. 

Unless Mo wants out himself; he stays. 

He’s irreplaceable and he stays as long as he wants to but that £70m/150m might not be around next year and neither may Mo. You can see the sense in it even if none of us agree with it.

3 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

He’s irreplaceable and he stays as long as he wants to but that £70m/150m might not be around next year and neither may Mo. You can see the sense in it even if none of us agree with it.

If he is the difference between CL football and not; or the title or not then 70-150m is a great price to pay

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

If he is the difference between CL football and not; or the title or not then 70-150m is a great price to pay

We’re playing Atalanta in the Europa League this week, did he not play for Liverpool last season? Like I said, I want him to stay but you can see from the model we’re run on that they might make a case for letting him go at £100m plus.

The front three play alot closer together in Amorims system, more akin to Mane, Firmino and Salah did, with the wing backs holding the width more like Robertson and Trent used too.

In theory that should move Salah narrower and closer to goal.

It's a tough sell and might put undue pressure on any new manager if he comes in and the first thing that happens is we sell our best player, a 1 year extension (or with 1 with an option) seems like the more sensible approach especially while he's still our most productive player.

Keeping as much as of the squad together as we can this summer (and adding a few key additions) before any significant re-shaping occurs next year would make more sense.