You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky Sports Footy Coverage

Section_31

It's unwatchable now. I got that Now TV pass for the game but don't know how you lads put up with it regularly.

Wall to wall, and I mean wall to wall gambling ads. 

Shite commentary and "punditry" designed purely for turning into clips for clickbait articles (of course, it's non stop espn, echo and talks port facebook ads today going on about how Keane "called out' Virg and demanding I click on for my two minutes' rage.

It's all been said about Neville and Carragher, but it's pure WWF, punch and Judy shit. I wouldn't wipe my arse with any of their 'insights' on a match, or anything else.

Shame, sky Sports footy coverage used to be decent. A sign of the times I suppose.  Faux controversy and anger sells. 

• Upvote 15

I can't remember which match it was, but there was a turdfest a few weeks ago which they were hailing as one of the games of the season, because it was full of the stuff they love now: penalties, a red card and loads of VAR reviews.  That's all they want to talk about; who needs actual football?

• Upvote 2

Just got a new broadband deal and it involves half price sky sports which I’ve never had and yes, it’s truly terrible. None stop betting ads as you say and the punditry is almost laughable in its agenda setting and subsequent discussion as it relates to that agenda, not on what’s happened. It’s tiring.

It's horrific. I don't watch buildups any more. It's all "next, it's Liverpool v Manchester United" except It's not next is it. It's about 3 sections of gambling adverts away, interspersed with 60 seconds of pointless cliché filled waffle and an aerial shot of Anfield.

Everything about it is awful. I used to stick with it post match until Klopp had  been interviewed but they know fans do that so they string viewers along with more gambling ads and roy cunt kean's hilarious insight until they show you an interview that was recorded 20 minutes previously. I switch over straight after the match nowadays and catch Klopp's interview on BBC sport's app later on. 

Even the intro music is horrendous. That godawful woman screaming "you'll never stop this thing I will never let you goooooo". Fuck off love. Something I've become very conscious of is when it returns to the studio after another set of gambling ads, the music intentionally stutters. Designed to make you look up from your phone / tablet and pay attention to their utter shite. 

I prefer TNT's coverage but only in the same way that I'd prefer a punch in the face to a sledgehammer in the balls. I hate them all. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, frankie said:

Tyler was bad but Peter Drury's commentary is unbearable. 

I was roundly negged for saying something similar recently. At least it was relatively easy to zone out to Tyler's permadrone but Drury is like Tyldesley on a heady cocktail of crack and speed with a side of acid. He's utterly horrendous. He's a walking, screaming fucking hyperbole and I want to kick his fucking face in. 

I'm on medication to lower my blood pressure. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I can't remember which match it was, but there was a turdfest a few weeks ago which they were hailing as one of the games of the season, because it was full of the stuff they love now: penalties, a red card and loads of VAR reviews.  That's all they want to talk about; who needs actual football?

It was probably Spurs v Chelsea. 

"Former England defender Jamie Carragher called it "box office", while television commentator Peter Drury said it was "carnage and chaos".

After a weekend of more managerial ranting about video assistant referees (VAR), on-field referee Michael Oliver and his boss Howard Webb were probably hoping for a quiet London derby.

No chance…

In 45 minutes - with an extra 12 minutes added on - there were numerous VAR interventions in Tottenham's match with Chelsea, including four disallowed goals, three red-card checks and two penalty checks.

The second half had more goals, albeit with slightly less mayhem as Nicolas Jackson scored a hat-trick in Chelsea's 4-1 win"

• Upvote 1

I cancelled it last season they are all bellends.

Roy Keane is an arrogant cunt, what's liverpools 30 year title drought got to do with Virgil, he's only been here a few years, he's not a lifelong red he came here won the league and every other cup and he's recently had his side give United their biggest ever defeat, so shut your fucking bullshit because if Fergusons United were around the same time as this city side his CV would say runners up far far more than it would say champions. The blert.

• Upvote 1

We fucked it off months ago when we got a dodgy stick (Hello Officer) and I'm glad we don't give the bastards a penny. The Premier League Years and the Golf coverage is great, ores than that they can fuck off except Emma Saunders and Harriet Prior who are both welcome to marry my face off 

4DEA9D9C00000578-5917503-image-m-113_153

FhS6sl4WQAAvnmR.jpg:large

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Megadrive Man said:

It was probably Spurs v Chelsea. 

"Former England defender Jamie Carragher called it "box office", while television commentator Peter Drury said it was "carnage and chaos".

After a weekend of more managerial ranting about video assistant referees (VAR), on-field referee Michael Oliver and his boss Howard Webb were probably hoping for a quiet London derby.

No chance…

In 45 minutes - with an extra 12 minutes added on - there were numerous VAR interventions in Tottenham's match with Chelsea, including four disallowed goals, three red-card checks and two penalty checks.

The second half had more goals, albeit with slightly less mayhem as Nicolas Jackson scored a hat-trick in Chelsea's 4-1 win"

That's the one.  A hat-trick is just an afterthought that they give a grudging half-mention to.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

We fucked it off months ago when we got a dodgy stick (Hello Officer) and I'm glad we don't give the bastards a penny. The Premier League Years and the Golf coverage is great, ores than that they can fuck off except Emma Saunders and Harriet Prior who are both welcome to marry my face off 

4DEA9D9C00000578-5917503-image-m-113_153

FhS6sl4WQAAvnmR.jpg:large

The Premier League Years is barely watchable.  They spend as much time showing bits of their pre-match advertising as they do showing actual football.

I have the sound down. That's the only way, even though it wrecks the sense of atmosphere. Carra screeches into his mic as if he believes he has to be heard without recourse to amplification. Neville is so blatantly biased it's beyond tiresome. And my pet hate, the use of replays - do we REALLY need two or even three replays of run-of-the-mill headers way over the bar, or scuffed shots to the keeper? It's SO tiresome, and you have to endure them while wondering what the hell is going on with the action. I don't get why it's not more commonly criticised. As for Keane, his absurd delusion that he occupies the moral high ground, when he was kicked out of his club for lack of respect, and kicked out of his country for the same thing, and kicked out of several clubs for being a shite manager, is mind-blowing. He's laughable, and only idiots would be intimidated by his pantomime schtick.

3 hours ago, gkmacca said:

I have the sound down. That's the only way, even though it wrecks the sense of atmosphere. Carra screeches into his mic as if he believes he has to be heard without recourse to amplification. Neville is so blatantly biased it's beyond tiresome. And my pet hate, the use of replays - do we REALLY need two or even three replays of run-of-the-mill headers way over the bar, or scuffed shots to the keeper? It's SO tiresome, and you have to endure them while wondering what the hell is going on with the action. I don't get why it's not more commonly criticised. As for Keane, his absurd delusion that he occupies the moral high ground, when he was kicked out of his club for lack of respect, and kicked out of his country for the same thing, and kicked out of several clubs for being a shite manager, is mind-blowing. He's laughable, and only idiots would be intimidated by his pantomime schtick.

Don't forget sent packing from the Premier by a Luis Garcia tackle

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yeah, as @Megadrive Man said, they deffo did that on spurs v Chelsea. I was sitting there thinking it was one of the worst matches I'd ever watched. And all they cared about was ramping the hype around all the shit nobody wants in the game. It was an absolute fuck fest of a game, but sky know where their bread is buttered and it's talking up utter shite into a spectacle. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

The way he pronounces "Manchustur Yanaited" is even worse. 

The way he constantly says football club does my nut, it's a complete waste of syllables.

"Liverpool were kept at bay by Manchester United football club. This football club performed well today, the football club will be delighted, a good day for Manchester united association football club."

I honestly don't know what it's all about.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bossy said:

Just got a new broadband deal and it involves half price sky sports which I’ve never had and yes, it’s truly terrible. None stop betting ads as you say and the punditry is almost laughable in its agenda setting and subsequent discussion as it relates to that agenda, not on what’s happened. It’s tiring.

I would have just paid extra £10/month for just the broadband without Sky.

They live for controversy. They'll make a meal out of any remotely controversial incident, or try to create one where there isn't any, just so they have a talking point. Any pundit they have on who wants to talk about the actual football and discuss the tactical side of what's happening is reduced to cliched soundbites. Any pundit they have on who is an opinionated gobshite or clearly a mouth-breathing simpleton has their mic turned up to 11 and is given all the airtime they want.